IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I need help with Gmail

nacherlvr

:?

Hi all, I'm new here. I need help getting my Gmail account closed. I tried it and decided it was not for me. I followed the directions that Google provided and thought that was the end of it. But now when I try to send something from a website to one of my email buddies (where it says "email this to a friend", etc.) it goes directly to Gmail instead of my preferred mail server. Does anyone have any clue as to how to get rid of Gmail once and for all? Thanks a lot. (BTW, I LOVE Advanced WindowsCare2, it sure helps me keep my computer in good working order).

Hi nacherlvr,

You didn't say what OS you have. If XP try this:click Start-Set program access and defaults-custom. You should be able to set default email there. If a different OS it may be a little different but similar,

samr.

If you are using Internet Explorer then click on Help, under search write e-mail and choose the appropriate article.

Usually you can also change your Internet settings i the controlpanel

The path: Start/controlpanel/Internet Settings/Programs and then choose which e-mail should be used.

Hope this helps you!

I need help with Gmail

8)

Hi nacherlvr,

You didn't say what OS you have. If XP try this:click Start-Set program access and defaults-custom. You should be able to set default email there. If a different OS it may be a little different but similar,

samr.

Yes, I have XP. I did not think to check my default settings but when I did and clicked on custom I was able to re-set my mail program. Thanks so much for the help. I do believe it is OK now.:mrgreen:

Archived