IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Mass Attack? - 774 Threats

Awbee

Hello everyone, my Iobit Security 360 just detected 774 backdoor.bot threats.. none of my other security programs are detecting these threats.. Is this a false report or Is my computer really infected this bad?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3998/backdoorbot.jpg

Here are the Security programs I use..

When I used "IObit Security 360" - I had 774 threats detected

When I used "Microsoft Malicious Software removal tool" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "Microsoft Windows Defender" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "ESET Nod32 Antivirus 4.0" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "Malwarebytes Anti-malware" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "IObit Advanced Systemcare" - I had 0 threats detected

So my question is... Am I really in trouble or is IObit Security 360 having a problem?

EDIT - I can't upload the report because the file size is too big..

EDIT2 - Even if I remove all of the backdoor.bots & they'll instantly come back..

Hello everyone, my Iobit Security 360 just detected 774 backdoor.bot threats.. none of my other security programs are detecting these threats.. Is this a false report or Is my computer really infected this bad?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3998/backdoorbot.jpg

Here are the Security programs I use..

When I used "IObit Security 360" - I had 774 threats detected

When I used "Microsoft Malicious Software removal tool" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "Microsoft Windows Defender" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "ESET Nod32 Antivirus 4.0" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "Malwarebytes Anti-malware" - I had 0 threats detected

When I used "IObit Advanced Systemcare" - I had 0 threats detected

So my question is... Am I really in trouble or is IObit Security 360 having a problem?

EDIT - I can't upload the report because the file size is too big..

EDIT2 - Even if I remove all of the backdoor.bots & they'll instantly come back..

i performed a full scan with IObit Security360 v1.0, and came up clean...so i don't think it's a problem with the program, but i found a site where someone had the same problem http://www.computing.net/answers/security/backdoorbot-cannot-be-removed/26372.html

Hi there. Can you please do the following. And remember do NOT delete anything.

Run Hijack Scan and save a log. Once a log file is saved to your desktop, please attach it to or paste it in this thread.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7895/74140502.png

Here you go, hope this helps...

Report2.txt

Hi Awbee,

You have in PC 2x Antivirus, it is error. Conflict between antiviruses, may be causes this results of scan.

Unistall one Antivirus, use Removal tool, recommended from a producer, and try again scan with IS 360.

Damned

Thanks, but I've had this problem before I downloaded avast (trying to use method pyrath directed me to), but now that I removed avast using the removal tool. I'll submit another report to make the changes a bit more visible for everyone..

(I'll be going to a wedding tonight, so I won't be back until 10pm ~ PST time)

Report.txt

Hi Awbee,

This folder: "C:\Program Files\Windows" is suspicious. Name this folder is suspicious, because this folder are to be in "C:\Windows".

If you have this folder so naming itself, uninstall programs in it, rename the folder (C:\Program Files\Windows, or keep in default), and reinstall the programs. If is the folder from installation OS Windows Vista, this is a mistake, and I recommend format and new install OS.

Folder Windows may not be in "C:\Program Files\"

Damned

Hi Awbee,

This folder: "C:\Program Files\Windows" is suspicious. Name this folder is suspicious, because this folder are to be in "C:\Windows".

If you have this folder so naming itself, uninstall programs in it, rename the folder (C:\Program Files\Windows, or keep in default), and reinstall the programs. If is the folder from installation OS Windows Vista, this is a mistake, and I recommend format and new install OS.

Folder Windows may not be in "C:\Program Files\"

Damned

oh, you know what... I completely forgot, a few months ago I copied all of the files from "Windows Calender, Windows Defender, Windows Mail, etc etc.." Into 1 folder in an attempt to clear the clutter of those folders being on the C:\Program files directory..

After I started to redirect the program(s) shortcuts, I changed my mind because I would have needed to redirect 50+ .exe files.. but it seems I never deleted the folder.... Anyway everything in that folder is a copied file.. I guess I should just delete the entire folder then..

I'll be entering safe mode, just in case.. I'll edit this post with the results of the deletion.. brb

Hi Awbee,

This file is copied? Reboot on Safe Mod, delete this Folder and new scan with IS 360.

Results of new scan a attach here.

Damned

Yeah everything seems perfectly fine now.. 0 Threats detected.. I never even thought that this could have be the case.. Thanks everyone!

Right now I need to apply more thermal paste on my processor, I'm getting an overheating warning (lack of case fans until tuesday) afterwords, I'll do another scan & save the results for you to see.. It will be about 10minutes from now..

Thanks again!

~Awbee

Archived