IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Service is360srv.exe

Thankful

Thank you for responding. It is unfortunate the program cannot be run as an on-demand scanner without is360srv.exe running all the time.

Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware can be run as on-demand scanners without having a process run all the time. I imagine you will lose many customers who don't want a service running all the time.

Thankful- Security 360 sets is360srv up as an automatic start so that it can start with Windows offering all of its advanced security features. Fortunately Security 360 is flexible and for those who want to only use its very effective scanning capability can go into Services and change its start assignment to disabled as Samtso points out in post #19 of this thread and it will act as a true on demand scanner.

~Maxx~

Silly Question, but...

Did you turn the service off when you made the switch to manual? If it refuses to be stopped,simply boot in safe mode,stop the service,and double check to make sure you are set to manual.Then reboot.If running ASC,make sure 360 is not checked in the start-up manager.Also check your services that start at boot through msconfig > startup

Wow

All I can say is go back to the beginning and make sure 360 is not set to start at boot,through it's own GUI or any other program where it could possibly be listed as having permission to start at boot.Something is obviously giving it the green light to start.Try safe mode > stop (360) > disable > reboot. Now,when you call it out again,you should get a message window- can't run...blah,blah,..service disabled.Let's start there to see if we can at least stop it for now.

Since I do not have the service running at boot, and set service to manual, the service does not start until I run IOBit from Start menu. That part works fine.

Once I start the program, is360srv.exe runs. Again, working as expected. The problem occurs when I exit via tray or clicking 'X' in upper right corner. The service should stop when I exit, but it doesn't. It keeps running.

I am running Security 360 structly as an on demand scanner and simply changing the is360srv to manual in Vista Services made the program open and close down completely on demand, but it looks like you will have to take things to another level as Detailer is suggesting to get the same kind of compliance under the XP OSb but it will be worth it because Security 360 has a great scanner!

~Maxx~

It is precisely because it is an excellent program that I am going through this hassle.

Hi all,

I'm using XP/SP3 too, and I've done the following:

1. disable the IS360service (not set to manual, but disable) and stop the service.

2. run IS360 from the start menu, do update, scan, etc., no error message.

3. check task manager, only is360.exe & is360tray.exe running, no sight of the is360srv.exe when IS360 is running.

4. exit the program after doing all the update and scan, either by clicking on the X or select Exit from the tray icon.

5. check task manager again, all is360*.exe gone.

I think this is the way to get IS360 fully unloaded if we need to run it as on demand basis. But, here comes a question, What is this is360srv.exe for? :?: I think we need someone from IOBit to explain to us.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Maxxwire,

I know, as you'd mentioned in page 1 already. I just want to share with those who are runing XP, and I found disabling the service will do.

Just wonderig what's the purpose of this is360srv.exe in XP. Do you have any idea on it?

Thanks,

Sam

Archived