IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[1.Bi-Weekly]IObit Security 360 vs. Avira Antivir Personal

firevas

Hello guys..........I've tested both the above mentioned products and was surprised to see IObit Security 360 outperform Avira Antivir.....(in terms of detection...and ease of use, of course!).......here you go.....I'm presenting the report and the review in the form of a convenient PDF...and am including the log files of scans from both the softwares......I hope u guys find my report useful....Here's the link.....[it's a small and worthy zip file u can afford to download.... :wink:]....

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dndwmkynmm

Please don't hesitate to post ur views on my amateur comparative......Thank you.....:-)

Report!

I reckon many of u are hesitating to download my small report to ur PC....So I've decided to to put it up right here......here u go......but if u want the log files....U'll have to download my small zip file! ;)

IObit Security 360 Vs. Avira AntiVir Personal

INTRODUCTION

Well, well, well............ look what we've got here.........A small, amateur comparative between two antivirus softwares - one very well established, scoring remarkably high when it comes to detection rates...and the other, just out of beta, from an ambitious and innovative company......I've been looking for a competitive antivirus solution for my PC......have tried many.....and found myself satisfied with Avira.....arguably, the best antivirus solution (when it comes to detection rates) in the market!....It was on the 12th of August 2009, that I happened to visit IObit.com to download newer versions of Advanced System Care, Game Booster and Smart Defrag.....and saw this piece of software.....IObit Security 360...I knew I wasn't going to download it....for I, apparently, had the best "free" Antivirus solution in my PC.....but I've stumbled across this....."IObit Security 360 can work with your Antivirus for a superior PC security".....the next thought that came to my mind is..."Why don't I try this?"...I already use all the products of this company....and who knows?...Maybe I'll use this one too!..I've installed it.....fine....no issues at all....and it didn't seem to mess it up with my current Antivirus....OK....Then, it was on the 13th of September, that I scanned my system with this software.....and well, it was a pleasant (if it's the correct word) surprise! Then I scanned my PC once again (without taking any action on the threats found by Security 360, of course!!) with my "default" Antivirus!!

TEST CONDITIONS

Talking about the test conditions.......I must tell you my system specifications, for sure...

Operating System: Windows 7 RC

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Installed Memory(RAM): 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)

Both the Antivirus softwares have been fed with their latest definition updates!

THE TEST

IObit Security 360

Before I begin, I need to tell you one thing...I've heard people say "patches" for cracked softwares are often laden with viruses....So....I had this "weird" idea in my mind and downloaded a couple of "patched (or to be patched)" softwares with great difficulty, searching the web....Please note that I've no intention of using any of those softwares illegally and I've deleted them after I finished the scan.....Now, coming to the point, I've ran a "Full Scan" with the "scan only executables" option disabled in the settings...That may be a reason for a longer scan time...(if there is a need for a reason!).....The results are here for u to see:

http://i29.tinypic.com/14nxa1.png

I sense false positives in the first three detections....but the last three should be malicious for sure, as far as my knowledge is concerned.....!!

It is now, that you guys will be surprised!!

Avira Antivir Personal

Time to put my "default" antivirus solution to the test.....I didn't take any action on the detections and did a scan of "Local Drives" with the default heuristics enabled....and "All files" option enabled in the Scanner settings....Now here's the surprising result!

http://i31.tinypic.com/8x5t1x.png

Surprise.......Surprise!! Actually, people would be surprised if they find a threat......but here, it's the opposite case!....It's a comparative and Antivir lost!! OMG!!

REMOVING THE THREATS

Putting the "stunning" results aside, I've had to remove the threats found in IObit Security 360....Here are the screenshots....they should tell u everything!

http://i32.tinypic.com/10n6lfs.png

http://i26.tinypic.com/2cr95zs.png

CONCLUSION

Is there a necessity for a "conclusion"............NO...........Everything's here for you to see....!

Now, when I come across this question once again....

Which free anti-malware has the highest detection and fastest speed?

I will have to say IObit Security 360™ !!!

Note: This is a an amateur "on-demand scanning" test......only!.....I'm afraid I don't know how to do perform a "proactive" test!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The report Ends here.............Ahem...Ahem........No?.......Oh!......There are a couple of things i need to tell you before I finish......

[i've also enclosed the log files of both the scans.....which are contained in a zip file, the link of which, has been given in the previous post......I hope this report is useful to you..... :)]

(Amateur) Disclaimer: All the product names and images and all are the trademarks of their respective companies....blah.......blah......blah!!

It would be good if those who have provided me a very low rating also post a comment telling me why they've done so......It'll be a nice feedback......What If I visit ur thread and deliberately give it a 1 star???.......How would u feel??.....Initially,,, I had a decent 4 star rating, which was very encouraging......!! Please, please, please!! If ur rating my thread.....please leave a comment as well.....otherwise....just leave me alone!

Avira also fails on some proactive rogues

Hi:

I also used to love avira antivir and had it for a long time but after I got infected with malwares passed through Avira antivir I changed to Pc-tool internet security and then finaly to MSE beta. I also did a scan yesterday for my personal test purposes of antivir perimum vs MSE beta against some rogu antivirus sites and MSE beta beat avira hands down on it.

Hi:

I also used to love avira antivir and had it for a long time but after I got infected with malwares passed through Avira antivir I changed to Pc-tool internet security and then finaly to MSE beta. I also did a scan yesterday for my personal test purposes of antivir perimum vs MSE beta against some rogu antivirus sites and MSE beta beat avira hands down on it.

Oh!....thanks a lot for the info.......I'd love to try MSE beta out but I'm afraid it's not available for download anymore, or is it?

works well with iobit.

Hi:

I have iobit 360 security and MSE beta with all guards and proactive options enabled and no issues. So download and use it and you will love it. I guarantee you will find malwares with MSE if you scan your pc that has avira and perhaps iobit on it. I had my pc scanned with pc-tool internets ecurity, malwarebytes, superantispyware and even avira but MSE beta found 1 missed malwares that all other softwares missed.

Anyway for hips iobit rules and for online proactive and zero-day guard MSE beta beats all the others from all the tests I have done. AVira and others usualy detect the malware mostly when it trys to install on your hard drive but MSE detects it as soon as soon as you enter the infected site and it has clean feature.

Anyway try it and together with IOBIT they rules. here is my current security setup.

Proactive/Hips

MSE beta & Iobit 360 security free

on-demand scanning

Avira antivir free (with guard option off and only used as a backup on-demand scanner when I needed)

Pc-tool internets security paid (Same as above. Only used as a backup on-demand scanner)

Malwarebytes antimalwares free

Superantispyware free

• 2 weeks later...

Yap avira antivir is sometime a choice to add it on the pc, Actually I tested it some years ago but was better than some freewares that I used that slowed my pc. I dont think Microsoft Security Essentials will be stronger than iobit and avira, but its a nice tool to have arround since is from microsoft itself. We have to trust microsoft.:-D

Wrong

Antivir Personal does include spyware protection,though as it appears from this test,not as effective as IS360's.But then there's always the issue of the samples tested.With the right selection of "canned infections",any security app. can be made to look stellar or abysmal.By the way,I thought the test was fine not coming from a laboratory environment.

Antivir Personal does include spyware protection,though as it appears from this test,not as effective as IS360's.But then there's always the issue of the samples tested.With the right selection of "canned infections",any security app. can be made to look stellar or abysmal.By the way,I thought the test was fine not coming from a laboratory environment.

Thanks....and Yep!....I'm not a professional tester and have not done this test using a virus "zoo".....! This is an "amateur" test....as I prefer to call it! I've not done this test to claim a reward,,, but to tell "myself" how good the software really is.....as the result turned out to be positive.....I put it up at this forum...!...There are many professionals performing complicated tests, worthy of rewards......I'm just another customer, who wants to "show" you that he's happy with the product! :)

Again, it seems unfair to test IS 360 against an Antivirus software. Most AV software are strong against Viruses and weak to mediocre at best in detecting spyware, whereas IS360 is very strong in detecting spyware and none to very limited at best in detecting viruses. IS 360 is not designed(right now) to detect viruses.

Lee

Archived