IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Back UP-back up back upBac------------

itsmejjj

garybear- Since Macrium Reflect came with the Garybear Gold Seal of Approval I just sat back and waited to see what the real cause of the start up delay might be and whether or not it would persist. As I said whatever was causing the problem soon went away and I was left with a fantastic new Image Backup System that is so feather light on resources that it couldn't possibly slow the speed of a computer down...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/ReflectService18MB.jpg

~Maxx~

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Maxx. That's great to hear. Thanks for your kind comments . Macrium is a great program and will not disappoint you. Didn't mean to question you or be sarcastic . I'm really glad you are happy with it. Live well my friend. I'm glad I could help you with the program. I went to your web page. Fantastic pictures my friend.{garybear}

HI, Gary,

Sorry to hear of your recent heart problem I know the feeling. Among other tablets I swallow two blood-pressure regulators and a slow-release vasodilator every day plus another one to stop blood clotting around the stent I had fitted a while ago. My G.P says I'm living on borrowed time.

We've just returned from a four day break with my youngest daughter and her four young children and I've just realized, after watching the two youngest ( 10 and 12 years old ) operating their computers, that I know bugger all about computers! The kids these days are computer wizards, mind you, they do get a lot of tuition in school.

Sorry to hear of your recent heart problem I know the feeling as well-

i get a lot of pain -Why IT THE SMOKING!! that's whats killing ME -i know it but cant stop-- -One wonders if one will see the next DAY-yes its hard --

But every day is a Blessing!! and for long as GOD allows it ,LIVE IT the best one can--

itsmejjj

Sorry to hear of your recent heart problem I know the feeling as well-

i get a lot of pain -Why IT THE SMOKING!! that's whats killing ME -i know it but cant stop-- -One wonders if one will see the next DAY-yes its hard --

But every day is a Blessing!! and for long as GOD allows it ,LIVE IT the best one can--

itsmejjj

I quit smoking 9 years ago. It was very hard to do. I threw the cigarettes away and bought a pipe. I lost my pipe one day and couldn't get another right away so I went a day without smoking. It wasn't as hard as usually was so I went another day, Then another day. For some reason it seemed easier than it ever had before. It has been 9 years now. I really think they put some thing in the cigarettes that addict you, that isn't in pipe tobacco. By smoking a pipe for a year or more seemed to help my addiction of cigarettes and helped me quit smoking. Any way it worked for me. Live well my friend. {garybear}

Don't want to hear crap about borrowed time from you friend

HI, Gary,

Sorry to hear of your recent heart problem I know the feeling. Among other tablets I swallow two blood-pressure regulators and a slow-release vasodilator every day plus another one to stop blood clotting around the stent I had fitted a while ago. My G.P says I'm living on borrowed time.

We've just returned from a four day break with my youngest daughter and her four young children and I've just realized, after watching the two youngest ( 10 and 12 years old ) operating their computers, that I know bugger all about computers! The kids these days are computer wizards, mind you, they do get a lot of tuition in school.

Hi my friend. I don't want to hear that crap about you being on borrowed time. I don't worry about dying , just having a damn stroke and being a pain in the butt for my loved ones. I know you think about that also. I don't have any clogged arteries. Blood pressure was 200 over 100 and I couldn't get it down so went to the emergence room. I'm doing ok now. Take a bunch of pills every morning and they are keeping my pressure down. Live well my friend and thanks for your post.{garybear}

just having a damn stroke-By smoking a pipe did you draw back on the pipe ?

whoooo that would give one a nice kick--sent the flutters all over---ehhhhh

i have cut back some from 1+half kilo to 3 parts every mount

and working to get it back some more -perhaps one day ? none--

-your right here that's would be my concern -

the rest is life --we all go sooner or later-if it hits me than let it be a big one

drop fast! passing on is realistic .we all will -but in the mean time -live well

as you say! this i like.

I don't want to hang of a bunch of tubes-or be half a poppy

and then sent, home--no sir if i go its going to be as a big bang!

if god decides when its time So be it! and hope he hits me hard !about 1200

volts be fine! !after that

well Who knows for sure---U mm hope its a nice place ????

even if i look a bid odd 12000? whoooo-- perhaps a little less --

in the Mean time live it proudly -enjoy all we can -every day i look at the Beautiful

thing's around my yard -the birds-trees,and the sky--sunup -and feel blessed-

thank my god for a other day! -

some days its unbearable others are good-and hey i get to post you gents!!!

ehhhhh wonder what the young reader's Must think----ehhhh bunch of oldies

talking - attacks! ----

itsmejjj

I was a very heavy smoker, but I quit about thirty years ago. I proved to myself I could do it for a start by knocking it off ten times in one week :-)

I always carry my little bottle of nitrolingual vasodilator with me and at the first sign of chest pain a couple of quirts under the tongue usually puts me right. If I'm going for a walk I have a couple of puffs before I leave and that does the trick. I usually get chest pains after my two or three nightly visits to the toilet, but again a couple of puffs and I'm okay.

My biggest problem, though are the five aneurysms which could pop at any minute. My surgeon says the danger in treating then now would be the same as leaving them alone. Oh well.

Keep on Keep'in on

Ted, I agree with Gary's post. Recently had surgery for abdominal aneurysm, and in the process of placing two stents they got the femoral artery, woke up in ICU rather than recovery "what the hell??!!". You just keep a good attitude, be with those you love and who love you, do something for yourself everyday, plan to be around for a while longer, because it would be very lonesome here in the forum, without our favorite Kiwi.

A.T.

Ted, I agree with Gary's post. Recently had surgery for abdominal aneurysm, and in the process of placing two stents they got the femoral artery, woke up in ICU rather than recovery "what the hell??!!". You just keep a good attitude, be with those you love and who love you, do something for yourself everyday, plan to be around for a while longer, because it would be very lonesome here in the forum, without our favorite Kiwi.

A.T.

Hi atailor. Very nice my friend. Thank you for your post. You better listen to us Mr. Ted and hang around for a long time or atailor and I will be very upset with our favorite Kiwi.lol Live well atailor and thank you for your post my friend. {garybear}

Hi, atailor1 and Garybear. Many thanks for your kind words. Keeping the mind active with the old PC soon makes one forget their health problems.

The following riddle was in my young grandson's joke book ( 1000 jokes for kids). I found it very amusing. This is assuming you know that Pinnochio was a little boy made of wood.

How did Pinnochio get splinters in his fingers?

Answer: He was scratching his bum.

Hi Ted,

Cute joke. My grandson, whose grandmother, see's him as the next great stand-up comedian will appreciate it, I'll be passing it on. My words were sincerely meant, you take good care of yourself and keep a good attitude. By the way did you ever get that new flat panel television set to suit. I've got a south facing window in my living room and during the summer months, I have keep it shuttered during the day if watching from an angle, straight on no problem.

A.T.

Hi there, A.T.

Thanks again.

Yes I finally got our LCD TV set up the way we wanted it. I emailed Sony and they were very helpful. It has a light sensor which adjusts the backing-light according to the lighting around it. If the picture looks dim we just switch a light on and up comes the brightness.

To remind any new readers what this Tried is really about--ehhh

This should stop any major problems that may occur ----

before you install any type of program,,or try one----

MAKE a fully back up of your C> drive--a image file -and a boot disk--then a restoring point---Just in case Something gets stuck or fails!!!

at least if you get to a point of no return --boot from the cd made re back the c<----your back made ,to just before the install- of a program- this will Replace every thing on the drive- --by reformatting the drive-and place the image to it--brand new!

saves you a lot of grief----

itsmejjj

Missed your post

Thanx for the good words. The best of health to us all! I respect your integrity and strength... you make the world a better place!!!

Hi Melvin. Do you use Macrium?? I'm sorry , I just noticed your post. If you do, do you like it?? I would like to hear more from you about Macrium. I could answer questions if you have any. I'm a big fan of Macrium.I wish everyone would back up their OS with some kind of program. As jjj says ,it sure makes PC life more enjoyable if you have a way to recover from a disaster . Macrium has saved me a couple of times. I wouldn't be with out it.[garybear]PS I really enjoy sharing what little I know about computers.

alright---we have pointed to sites that you could find a backing up software---

now soon the big 7 is at hand---now used it my self well over 6 mounts i found the back up build in to the version Ultimate very handy and bullet proof

cheep to -

-my opinion do not bother with any either Build GET ULTIMATE BUILD-- yes it not cheep --but than what is ----this is the limo the comfortable OS--

i have had a few Dramamines with it at first --but its stable --the draw back

is programs-- let me stress this---no xp made program is going to work on this os-and perchance you did make one install -and run --well -bit like ice cream

and you added tomato juice then complaining --about the taste--

now you hear its vista,our similar,our people compare it to something els---

LET me say -do not knock what you have not tried! a other thing scream all you want,kick all you want ,bad mouth this OS all you want...and call it what you like--ITS ALREADY HAPPENING___

XP IS DIEING SLOWLY---as VISTA WILL FOLLOW --umm look at all before XP

..try to RUN programs-pre build XP -and XP itself -----like the pc's --look at the last 10 years --to now ---CORES, DUEL ?? refrigerated PCs TO KEEP THEM COLD!!!

YEP thy are making them---http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090927165439.htm

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g30/c83/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Water_Cooling_Kits.html?gclid=COnGzcjOqJ0CFQEupAodEBQCkg

ok its heading this way ---http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2006/10/new_nec_pcs_watercooled.html

take a look..

its all changing fast---so will the os --its the new type of system,

start packing the old programs and put them in the shed--more rubbish--

or just open the big bin -say good by -its been nice-

or if you are like Me keep it all around you --looks impressive--when visitors arrive-- makes them think -you are So smart - the young say Whooo this is so cool!! look at all that gear--!!! and stare at you THINKING .HE is a "guru" of pcs---Ehhhhh

ITSMEJJJ -----

I just returned from Austin Texas where I was able to revive and refurbish my sister's dying and infected XP SP3 computer with programs taken directly off of my Vista laptop including Iobit ASC and Smart Defrag which took a total of 3 hours to defrag and optimize its 55 GB hard drive and I have done the same with my Dad's old Win 2000 computer that he used before he got his Mac Pro tower none of which could have been accomplished had I been an early adopter of Win 7 and its limited program portfolio.

I applaud anyone who chooses to venture into the as yet uncharted waters of Win 7's new program interface which by Microsoft's own design is incompatible with most of the programs that the previous OS's can freely use creating a computing environment that is unable to tap into the rich resources comprised of 1,000's of highly effective programs that Win 2000, Win XP and also Win Vista users are free to use and choose from. In fact by the time Win 7 could possibly have access to as many programs as they do it will be obsolete and replaced.

Because Win 7 was built upon virtually the same kernel and has an almost identical set of operating features many computer experts who have researched and run it have referred to the 'new' OS as Win Vista 2.0 or Win Vista SP3 leading many Vista computer owners to continue taking advantage of its excellent proven program compatibility and continue to access to 1,000's of highly effective freeware programs that Win 7 is completely incompatible with and not play the Microsoft contrived program compatibility game.

Practical Example: In that Win 7 fails in every attempt to make a Macrium Reflect Rescue CD then wouldn't Vista's consistent success at being able to burn a usable Windows PE Rescue Disk in order to be able to use Macrium Reflect to recover a System Image not qualify Vista as the State of the Art Operating System when using this excellent program?

Would it not follow that XP is also SOTA in that it can perfectly recover a Macrium Reflect System Image where Win 7 can not!

~Maxx~

"been accomplished had I been an early adopter of Win 7 and its limited program portfolio."

" 1,000's of highly effective freeware programs that Win 7 is completely incompatible with and not play the Microsoft contrived program compatibility game."

i agree --you are right--now saying this -lets go back to before XP was even herd of -when it hit the market the first time --we had the same problems

you speak of ---all- most no app would work with this OS at the time-

crashes blip screens-you name it lockups -loss of data-------

then thy got it right by the time server pack1- then 2 hit the pcs and so many updates--later -user- pack 3 and almost 100% working--and still has problems --but very very few---

95 98 -apps , games failed to run,it would ,not allow many -that went by the way side--fire walls ,and so on falling to the storage boxes, in the shed--

and the very first copy that i still have -that went on sale people made the same statements--i understand users may not like to let go -read what many say about vista-.60% of posts made hate the OS --

you see no matter whats said -its different -behaves different -and as we read this thy are now programing ,fire walls antie this and that flat out--

but one thing where its heading for i cant tell you nor do i know--but i remember well the screaming and complaining when the xp was let lose-- -

long live (95) long live 98- and try to get programs for them

i mean modern -2009- made ----then Long live 2000--that was a improved -

now try to get updates for the OS 95,98,2000,and the very early -XP--

one cant -NOT BY MS ANY WAY---yes there are a few made by the die hard

users -no browser i know of runs on 98 --unless it 5.6 BUILDS try run BUILD *7 or * 8 BUILDS--or the modern Fire fox opera ,No hope! or Norton after year 2001-No hope--and so on --i got them in a box--try any anti virus -

made in 2009--? try running on the net ,that alone it a art-using modern routers- try run a brand new pc -and install 98 -no hope of running it --

after the pent 4 -it went stupid-try get 95 to see a gig hard drive-or dos --

500 mg is what one gets --maximum --then try running 3 hard drives--

i remember the first gig drives and the problems---still got a few -boxes of bits--i still have a 486 DX fully working--why -i like showing of its speed!

i reluctantly let go--of my software -hard ware--by that i mean use-

but i agree give it time MAX -- lets see next year --where this OS ends up ---

for me its fast runs better than any other OS i own--some one has to test it

find the bugs--and my one min win ? well sir its the fastest OS in the world!!!

shame i cant let it lose---

itsmejjj

your statement--

Practical Example: In that Win 7 fails in every attempt to make a Macrium Reflect Rescue CD then wouldn't Vista's consistent success at being able to burn a usable Windows PE Rescue Disk in order to be able to use Macrium Reflect to recover a System Image not qualify Vista as the State of the Art Operating System when using this excellent program?

Would it not follow that XP is also SOTA in that it can perfectly recover a Macrium Reflect System Image where Win 7 can not!

give them time ---i will remind you of this statement--when thy fix the problem don't forget sir it failed,with VISTA-- in the early version's as with fire walls ----

as with iobit 360 -the beta's- --failed on win 7--now its perfect --as with avs,care-- now perfect ---

--ehhhh--give it time-----don't be to hard on the new OS -try it ! if you have not yet-give it a chance--you can rid it any time ---

yes i could not get this to work --but one thing win 7 has its own build in

and its perfect--and one is in no need of a other

NOT in ULTIMATE any way --

jjj- The difference now in 2009 is that there have never been 2 successive releases of the Windows Operating System that were so closely alike and practically identical as Win Vista and Win 7 and taking into account that Vista can be tweaked far more extensively than MS tweaked it to make Win 7 there are all of the advantaged and none of the traditional drawbacks of keeping upgrading upgrading the original and highly compatible Vista rather than to opt for the newer version of the same OS and all of the compatibility problems of a brand new API.

As far as speed goes I have developed a set of upgrades that I call Vista Lite that when applied to a computer running the Vista OS consistently increase the speed of the computer a measured 100% much to the shock and amazement of the owner of the computer. It is well known that MS modified the Vista OS to create Win 7, but these modifications are much more radical than MS could have ever released to the public.

The day that I see credible specs that benchtest Win 7 at fully 2X as fast on the same computer then then I will know that it has the potential to run as fast as the Vista Lite modification package although I have an expanded set of modifications which go much deeper and cut clear into the Vista Kernel which I dare use only on my personal Vista computer which is known as Vista UltraLite package and measures 250% faster than any Vista Lite computer that I have modified.

I believe that Win 7 is the fastest OS that has ever been on your computer because you came from using XP and never got into tweaking Vista. Please realize that some of us did just what MS did and made a better OS from Vista only using much more radical techniques so we just can't see waiting years for something that will probably never be as good as what we've found Vista has the potential to be right now with none of the API headaches that may go on for years.

~Maxx~.

yes i could not get this to work --but one thing win 7 has its own build in

and its perfect--and one is in no need of a other

NOT in ULTIMATE any way --

The beauty of Macrium Reflect is that it will work on virtually any computer regardless of age and OS.

I feel sorry for those who can not afford a custom built Win 7 Ultimate computer, but can only afford to buy a pre-built-computer with Win 7 Home or Home Premium because they will not be able to back up their computers with a full recent Macrium Reflect Image, but rather recover from the OEM System Restore that is filled with crapware and then have to spend days on weeding it out end reinstalling and setting up all of their personal programs all of which Macrium Reflect could have done in a few minutes, but I guess that's the price one pays for running the latest and greatest(?) Operating System.

~Maxx~

I believe that Win 7 is the fastest OS that has ever been on your computer because you came from using XP and never got into tweaking Vista.

yes i agree and really cant judge VISTA- it was a os that i dislike from the very first cd -hard to ex plane-i took a dislike to it----latest and greatest(?) Operating System. oh yes it can be!!!

because of the cosmetic changes made -it drew me in -i would also say- people if thy really hate VISTA OS -

and i mean dislike it---think hard before forking out for win 7

as it turned out cost me nothing--so say it ended , i did not like it there would of been no pain, losing the $ one would pay out for a copy--

--and also your next post, it was disappointing, i have to admit--

plus---

i will admit a lot of 32 64 bit apps fail --and as you point out also reprogramming the OS or any for that matter ,stripping it down -will make it faster -its not the speed as in 6 seconds boot up that worry's me its when under stress running -that's important--what i found rather amazing the speed one can archive from this build- i am talking the lats beta-

made -this thing fly's--now our MIN WIN rev1 -3/4 faster more efficient,smooth---and ---cant think of a other word--

then the latest build thy allowed out --

-and vista now i have one copy i am monkeying about with --i will when done let you know how i went --i am finding its pretty much the same -not that much different--jonn let me use a pc that seems perfect -running this os--we are going to chop it here and there-see what we come up with--

any how did you enjoy the trip ? nice to SEE family--

itsmejjj

Archived