IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Back UP-back up back upBac------------

itsmejjj

Has my dream come true ?

Ok, I'm excited and confused so I hope I explain this well enough.

I have a Acer Aspire One ZG5 Netbook, Windows XP, 160 GB HardDrive (100 GB still empty)

• The Acer does not have a CD/DVD slot

• I do not have an external CD/DVD player and I will not get one

• I do not have an external HardDrive and I will not get one

• I do have a Transcend JetFlash V33 USB Flash Drive and I tried but now do not use the horrid JetFlash Elite software (I had to format to get rid of it)

Fully compatible with Hi-Speed USB 2.0

The JetFlash V33 supports Windows® Me / 2000 / XP / Vista, Mac OS® 9.0 / OS X and Linux® Kernel 2.4.2 or later, providing seamless data exchange between different operating systems

Dimensions:

60mm x 16.5mm x 8.1mm

Operating Voltage:

DC 5V±10% via the USB port

Operating Temperature:

0°C(32°F) ? 70°C(158°F)

Weight:

7g

Certificates:

FCC, CE, BSMI

Transfer Speed:

Read 18 MByte/s, Write 5 MByte/s (below 4GB);

Read 18 MByte/s, Write 6 MByte/s (8GB);

Read 15 MByte/s, Write 8 MByte/s (16GB

At the moment my backup is:

• All important photos are on my FlashDrive (and have been emailed to myself)

• All important documents are on my FlashDrive (and have been emailed to myself but I did not email 'sensitive' documents)

• A list of all the rubbish software I have uninstalled, all the tweaks I have made (with full instructions) and the url address of all my preferred software is on the FlashDrive

• Music, FireFox Bookmarks and other stuff I would rather not lose but am willing to sacrifice if necessary is on the FlashDrive

• Some software has been copied to the FlashDrive. This is PCDeCrapifier, Revo Uninstaller and the McAfee removal tool etc (just for convenience)

In the event of a full meltdown my plan is:

• Use Acer eRecovery to take the NetBook back to 'factory' (out of the box) condition, this will have Windows XP installed (I hope)

• Use PcDecrapifier, Revo Uninstaller and McAfee removal tool to take out the garbage

• Download and install Advanced System Care, Everything Search and a Registry cleaner (MV Regclean probably) and clean up any leftover folders and Reg stuff etc

• Download and install a FireWall and AntiVirus and Security 360

• Download and install the rest of my software

As you can see I am willing to do a full re-install of everything if that is necessary plus there is a part of me that thinks this is a 'safe' route to take

Using Macrium Reflect, could I:

• Create the so called Rescue cd to my flash drive

• Make an Image on my C:\drive (the one and only in my NetBook)

• Copy the folder containing the Image from my C:\drive to the Rescue cd on my FlashDrive

Would this be easy or automatic ? I have no idea how to partition a HardDrive or whatever (if that were necessary) I read about it but my mind boggled

Would an Image of my HardDrive fit on my 16 GB FlashDrive ? Is it compressed ?

If this is possible I will look into doing this.

This would be the handy solution for all those NetBook users when they are 'on the road' :-D

All the best, woz of oz

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

solbjerg- I also have a 250 GB Western Digital drive hooked up to the computer with USB that Macrium Reflect also can not recognize. I have the Vista UAC disabled :-D with Comodo HIPS running security and it will let me run anything that I give permission to run. If I can figure a way of getting Reflect to recognize the 16 GB Flash Drive I'll see If I can put a Rescue Disk information on it although Microsoft wants to get paid for each download of Windows PE.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

If it isn't Vista security settings I think I would try a sfc if that is possible for security reasons in Vista :-). My machine and/or Macrium Reflect has no problem recognizing any of those usb connections. I use fully updated XP.

Will be interesting to know from where the problem hails.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg- I also have a 250 GB Western Digital drive hooked up to the computer with USB that Macrium Reflect also can not recognize. I have the Vista UAC disabled :-D with Comodo HIPS running security and it will let me run anything that I give permission to run. If I can figure a way of getting Reflect to recognize the 16 GB Flash Drive I'll see If I can put a Rescue Disk information on it although Microsoft wants to get paid for each download of Windows PE.

~Maxx~

solbjerg- I can assure you that the problem is not Vista related because it recognizes all 4 external drives plus all 4 of my USB Flash Drives and always has. The only problem I have ever had with recognizing drives is with Macrium Reflect and for some reason it now refuses to detect my 1 TB Western Digital drive like it could a few weeks ago and it now recognizes the 250 GB WD drive which has 127 GB in it as having a 4k capacity and 4k in contents and also as being unformatted I never ever had any kind of a problem like this with Vista. It could just be that Reflect just has different criteria and doesn't consider the other discs and drives as 'primary'...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Drives.png

It doesn't really matter though because I certainly don't need to have 8 backup Images on 8 different drives. As long as I have Image backups on the Seagate 1.5 TB firewire drive that worked so well this last week and the O partition on the main drive I will be fine. I was just curious about putting an Image on a USB Drive that's all.

On a brighter while I was testing the drive recognition capabilities of Reflect I discovered the Boot Menu Option and activated it so that I will now be able to use Reflect without the Rescue Disk if I so choose.

~Maxx~

Hi wozofoz

My guess is that you would have to get a couple more of those USB flash sticks, given the amount of data you have on the computer.

By me the 20GB of data on my C: drive was made into an image that was 12GB with medium compression, the rescue disk is quite small - it's just for getting in I think and apply restoration of the image.

With full compression I guess the 20GB on my C: drive would be something like 8GB image, but I haven't tried.

Very nicely set up of your post!! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, I'm excited and confused so I hope I explain this well enough.

I have a Acer Aspire One ZG5 Netbook, Windows XP, 160 GB HardDrive (100 GB still empty)

• The Acer does not have a CD/DVD slot

• I do not have an external CD/DVD player and I will not get one

• I do not have an external HardDrive and I will not get one

• I do have a Transcend JetFlash V33 USB Flash Drive and I tried but now do not use the horrid JetFlash Elite software (I had to format to get rid of it)

At the moment my backup is:

• All important photos are on my FlashDrive (and have been emailed to myself)

• All important documents are on my FlashDrive (and have been emailed to myself but I did not email 'sensitive' documents)

• A list of all the rubbish software I have uninstalled, all the tweaks I have made (with full instructions) and the url address of all my preferred software is on the FlashDrive

• Music, FireFox Bookmarks and other stuff I would rather not lose but am willing to sacrifice if necessary is on the FlashDrive

• Some software has been copied to the FlashDrive. This is PCDeCrapifier, Revo Uninstaller and the McAfee removal tool etc (just for convenience)

In the event of a full meltdown my plan is:

• Use Acer eRecovery to take the NetBook back to 'factory' (out of the box) condition, this will have Windows XP installed (I hope)

• Use PcDecrapifier, Revo Uninstaller and McAfee removal tool to take out the garbage

• Download and install Advanced System Care, Everything Search and a Registry cleaner (MV Regclean probably) and clean up any leftover folders and Reg stuff etc

• Download and install a FireWall and AntiVirus and Security 360

• Download and install the rest of my software

As you can see I am willing to do a full re-install of everything if that is necessary plus there is a part of me that thinks this is a 'safe' route to take

Using Macrium Reflect, could I:

• Create the so called Rescue cd to my flash drive

• Make an Image on my C:\drive (the one and only in my NetBook)

• Copy the folder containing the Image from my C:\drive to the Rescue cd on my FlashDrive

Would this be easy or automatic ? I have no idea how to partition a HardDrive or whatever (if that were necessary) I read about it but my mind boggled

Would an Image of my HardDrive fit on my 16 GB FlashDrive ? Is it compressed ?

If this is possible I will look into doing this.

This would be the handy solution for all those NetBook users when they are 'on the road' :-D

All the best, woz of oz

solbjerg- I can assure you that the problem is not Vista related because it recognizes all 4 external drives plus all 4 of my USB Flash Drives and always has. The only problem I have ever had with recognizing drives is with Macrium Reflect and for some reason it now refuses to detect my 1 TB Western Digital drive like it could a few weeks ago and it now recognizes the 250 GB WD drive which has 127 GB in it as having a 4k capacity and 4k in contents and also as being unformatted I never ever had any kind of a problem like this with Vista. It could just be that Reflect just has different criteria and doesn't consider the other discs and drives as 'primary'...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/Drives.png

It doesn't really matter though because I certainly don't need to have 8 backup Images on 8 different drives. As long as I have Image backups on the Seagate 1.5 TB firewire drive that worked so well this last week and the O partition on the main drive I will be fine. I was just curious about putting an Image on a USB Drive that's all.

On a brighter while I was testing the drive recognition capabilities of Reflect I discovered the Boot Menu Option and activated it so that I will now be able to use Reflect without the Rescue Disk if I so choose.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. Macrium stops recognizing my external drive some times also. I just unplug it and plug it back in and then Macrium sees it again. I don't know why that happens but it does. Macrium doesn't not recognize my 1GB travel drive. The only thing I see different is the other drives are NTFS and it is FAT. I don't know how to change it to NTFS. FAT is also the reason one drive is splitting your data in 4GB's capacity. I hope this helps my friend. Live well. {garybear}PS I changed my travel drive to NTFS .MACRIUM recognizes it but it is not large enough to put back up on.

Wozfoz- If you have 60 GB on your Acer to back up the Reflect compressed Image would probably be about 30 GB there are 32 and even 64 GB Flash Drives out there these days. Although you could transfer some of that to an external drive for permanent storage to shrink the image down to where a 32 GB Flash Drive could easily accommodate it and the PE access software.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/32GBFD.png

I saw the SanDisk 32 GB Flash Drive on sale for 1/2 price at Office Depot stores both here in Portland and also last week in Austin Tx.

I use Macrium Reflect just to back up my C drive which only has Windows Vista and programs installed which has 22-23 GB on it which under Reflect medium compression requires 11.6 GB of space for the snapshot Image which is close to Solbjerg's 20 GB/ 12 GB backup.

Personally I store all of my pictures, videos and other files on an external drive and they have never and will never be reside on the C drive

and then back them up on another drive for safety.

~Maxx~

Wozfoz- If you have 60 GB on your Acer to back up the Reflect compressed Image would probably be about 30 GB there are 32 and even 64 GB Flash Drives out there these days. Although you could transfer some of that to an external drive for permanent storage to shrink the image down to where a 32 GB Flash Drive could easily accommodate it and the PE access software.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/32GBFD.png

I saw the SanDisk 32 GB Flash Drive on sale for 1/2 price at Office Depot stores both here in Portland and also last week in Austin Tx.

I use Macrium Reflect just to back up my C drive which only has Windows Vista and programs installed which has 22-23 GB on it which under Reflect medium compression requires 11.6 GB of space for the snapshot Image which is close to Solbjerg's 20 GB/ 12 GB backup.

Personally I store all of my pictures, videos and other files on an external drive and they have never and will never be reside on the C drive

and then back them up on another drive for safety.

~Maxx~

Hio Maxx. I guess I don't get an answer.Hi Maxx. Macrium stops recognizing my external drive some times also. I just unplug it and plug it back in and then Macrium sees it again. I don't know why that happens but it does. Macrium doesn't not recognize my 1GB travel drive. The only thing I see different is the other drives are NTFS and it is FAT. I don't know how to change it to NTFS. FAT is also the reason one drive is splitting your data in 4GB's capacity. I hope this helps my friend. Live well. {garybear}PS I changed my travel drive to NTFS .MACRIUM recognizes it but it is not large enough to put back up on. I also sent you a PM on this. Would appreciate an answer or acknowledgment that you seen this and my PM. {GARYBEAR}

garybear- Sorry, but I took some time to do some experiments with Macruim Reflect concerning my 1 TB Western Digital My Book drive and the pair of 16 GB drives that do not show up in the GUI and I found out that Reflect allows the user to browse to for any connected drive to back up to or to recover from. After the proper preparation I plan on doing an Image backup to one of my Toshiba 16 GB Flash Drives later on tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

~Maxx~

PS- To reformat any Fat 32 drive into NTFS just right click on the drive and choose Format from the context menu then under File System choose NTFS from the drop down menu and it will reformat the drive in NTFS. I learned this back when I was trying to transfer 10 GB files of OTA HDTV recordings to a 250 GB USB Disk that was formatted in Fat 32 and was under the 4GB per file limit that you mentioned.

garybear- Sorry, but I took some time to do some experiments with Macruim Reflect concerning my 1 TB Western Digital My Book drive and the pair of 16 GB drives that do not show up in the GUI and I found out that Reflect allows the user to browse to for any connected drive to back up to or to recover from. After the proper preparation I plan on doing an Image backup to one of my Toshiba 16 GB Flash Drives later on tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

~Maxx~

PS- To reformat any Fat 32 drive into NTFS just right click on the drive and choose Format from the context menu then under File System choose NTFS from the drop down menu and it will reformat the drive in NTFS. I learned this back when I was trying to transfer 10 GB files of OTA HDTV recordings to a 250 GB USB Disk that was formatted in Fat 32 and was under the 4GB per file limit that you mentioned.

Hi maxx . Thanks for the information on NTFS, but that didn't work. NTFS was not on drop down menu. I did find a way however. I had to go to command prompt and type in convert F: /fs:ntfs. You might want to write that down in case your not given a chose when you format a drive. I had to search a lot to find that on the internet. It worked real slick and now all my drives are NTFS

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/NTFS-FAT.png

Microsoft made the selection of formats a little more simple starting in Vista probably because most users do not have the expert command prompt skills that you do.

~Maxx~

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/NTFS-FAT.png

Microsoft made the selection of formats a little more simple starting in Vista probably because most users do not have the expert command prompt skills that you do.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx Thank you for your kind words. I do not have expert skills on any thing but thanks for your comment. My travel guide did not give me an option to change to NTFS. Thats why I had to use command prompt and that's why I gave you the command to change your drive to NTFS should you ever have a problem Like I did. I had to type (convert F: /fs:ntfs) to change from FAT to NTFS.Live well my friend. Did you ever get Macrium to recognize all your drives?? If you did could you share what you did to achieve that??{garybear}

garybear- Even though all of my drives were not shown in the Reflect GUI when I started a Backup or Restore they all showed up on the drive tree just like they do in Explorer! I've purchased 2 more 16 GB Flash Drives, but they benchtested too slow to be used as backups so I'm still looking for a suitable candidate something in the 25 MBps to 30 MBps range should do just fine.

~Maxx~

garybear- Even though all of my drives were not shown in the Reflect GUI when I started a Backup or Restore they all showed up on the drive tree just like they do in Explorer! I've purchased 2 more 16 GB Flash Drives, but they benchtested too slow to be used as backups so I'm still looking for a suitable candidate something in the 25 MBps to 30 MBps range should do just fine.

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx. I wonder why they don't show up in the Reflect GUI. Do you think its because they are to small to hold a back up image of your OS?? That's a weird deal. I'm tired and going to bed. Live well my friend.{garybear}

garybear- At 1 TB, 250 GB and 16 GB they each have enough room to hold one of the 11.6 GB Image Backups that I have been doing in fact the 1 TB drive already has one backup on it and I can recover it from Reflect if I choose to even though it does not show up on the main GUI.

~Maxx~

garybear- Update... I've been searching all over town trying to find a suitable USB Flash Drive that is fast enough to put Windows PE and an 11.5 GB medium compressed Reflect backup Image on and do a reasonably fast Recovery and I've come up with no suitable candidates so I'm going to have to find one online.

~Maxx~

Windows 7 Recovery Disk/Boot Disk

-------------------------------------------------------------------

With Windows 7 released and currently making its way to shelves in time for the holiday season, we've taken this opportunity to upgrade our copy of the official Windows System Recovery Discs for compatibility with Windows 7.

If you're like most PC users, you probably got Windows 7 with a new PC or laptop. And if you're like 99% of the population, you get your new machines from one of the major manufacturers.

Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo; who all have one thing in common: they don't give you a real Windows 7 installation disc with your purchase. Instead, they bundle what they call a "recovery disc" (that's if you're lucky - otherwise you'll have a recovery partition instead) with your machine and leave it at that.

It doesn't matter that you just paid a thousand dollars for a machine that comes with a valid Windows 7

icense - your computer manufacturer just don't want to spend the money (or perhaps take on the responsibility) of giving you a Windows 7

installation DVD to accompany your expensive purchase.

The problem is, with Windows 7, the installation media serves more than one purpose. It's not just a way to get Windows

installed, it's also the only way of recovering a borked installation. The Windows 7 DVD has a complete "recovery center" that provides you with the option of recovering your system via automated recovery (searches for problems and attempts to fix them automatically), rolling-back to a system restore point, recovering a full PC backup, or accessing a command-line recovery console for advanced recovery purposes.

Thankfully, Microsoft seems to have realized this problem, and have thankfully made a recovery disc for this purpose.

It contains the contents of the Windows 7 DVD's "recovery center," as we've come to refer to it. It cannot be used to install or reinstall Windows 7

and just serves as a Windows PE interface to recovering your PC. Technically, one could re-create this installation media with freely-down loadable media from Microsoft

(namely the Microsoft WAIK kit, a multi-gigabyte download); but it's -decent of Microsoft to make this available to Windows' users who might not be capable of creating such a thing on their own. You can make your own copy from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, but now you have an easier alternative.

It's a 143 MiB download, and in the standard ISO format, ready to burned directly to a CD or DVD. Don't wait until your PC crashes to download a copy! Download and burn your recovery disc today, so that when the time comes, you'll be ready!

What it does: The Windows 7 Recovery Disc can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using System Restore, Complete PC Backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.

What it doesn't do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows -

it only fixes a corrupted drive,. (backup a image !)and restore--

Why you need it: If you bought your PC from a major retailer, you didn't get this CD with , purchase.

3. When you want to use the recovery center, put the CD in your drive and boot from it. This is usually done by pressing F8 at start up, or changing the boot drive order in the BIOS.

just to make readers aware this is available--

http://www.driver-recovery-cd.com/

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...isk-boot-disk/

perhaps of interest ? and use ms7 version recovery

i have dowloaded the file -and it works ! for any win 7 build --any!

iitsmejjj

garybear- I did some research concerning installing Windows PE on a USB Flash Drive and although it can be done its just too much of a complicated process to go through when I already have access to the Windows PE with both the Recovery CD and the new boot time access which Macrium Reflect added with this last v4.2.2082 upgrade.

I did go ahead and install a full 11.6 GB Image backup in one of my 200x Toshiba 16 GB Flash Drives and although backup did go as high as 244 Mbps which is slightly faster than the drive is spec'd overall it took about 2X as long as backing up to the Seagate 1.5 TB Firewire drive which benchmarks at 345 Mbps nevertheless its great to have a coveniently portable Image backup that I can slip into my pocket and take along anywhere with my notebook computer.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/USBBackup_22-562009-10-17.png

Earlier in this thread I thought that I couldn't back up to a USB Flash Drive with Macrium Reflect because it was not shown in the main GUI, but I found out that as long as the drive can be accessed within the backup program itself it can be successfully backed up, but here is the odd twist...guess where the backup's XML file is located for the backup to this USB drive?...Since its a removable drive Reflect has located the XML file on the partition of the computer's main hard disk that does not contain Windows. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I found that XML file there along with another Image backup and its XML File!

~Maxx~

http://www.freebestsoftware.com/utilities/data-backup-software/

Free review software. Top best soft and programs

Data backup programs & software----------

take a look and you decide what you may want ! besides the one now being

posted to death! the tread i started has gone to favor of one product only !

to be fair

-- i have posted this site for your scrutiny -it was my intention at the very first post to make readers aware to back up ones pc --not" hijack "the whole thread favoring a product-be it a very good one

so perhaps its time to drop the macrium thing-as we all know how its works

its getting boring! page after page! after page --of what one can do with it and the page after page of graphics !

but thanks for the post we now can use it in our sleep---i asked Gary how its works that he posted a Gide and fruitfully applied

so we understood it -- and i thank him very kindly--but i think its enough

now a other THREAD I ASKED IF IT WAS W7 READY ? THAT'S ALL AS I READ IT WAS

NOW ITS HEADING THE SAME! almost the same as this --OK we all get the point its fantastic ----can i have the thread back?

just for a bit? AND GIVE READER A CHANCE TO VIEW SOMETHING ELS!? OR TRY

this should be transferred to the back up site-- thy would love it !

i see gray is a member perhaps post all this there? would benefit them -

as one of there members was impressed with graybear's knowledge on the program

this would help them tremendously

itsmejjj

http://www.spotmau.com/products/package/full.htm?gclid=CNiY8OTayp0CFcItpAoduAyQrQ

check here --This is the most AWESOME CD that you will EVER use!

You can use it to boot up any computer; fix and install Windows; optimize and speed up your system; clean up history and protect your privacy; recover data and passwords; partition and format the hard drive; clone and backup your system; and more...

STEP-by-STEP Instructions! one now just be careful ! what you try out -do not park over any money till you are sure!!!!

interesting site ? perhaps

itsmejjj

besides the one now being

posted to death! the tread i started has gone to favor of one product only !

to be fair

-- so perhaps its time to drop the macrium thing-as we all know how its works

its getting boring! page after page! after page --of what one can do with it and the page after page of graphics

itsmejjj

jjj- Please excuse me, but I just started to use Macrium Reflect that I discovered on this thread a few weeks to go and I am still exploring all of the many new and unique ways that it can be used to backup my Vista Home Premium Operating System which is not the very expensive Ultimate OS that already has a backup system included.

Please let us poor people who can't afford the top of the line Ultimate version discuss ways that we can enjoy the same backup advantages that you already do! It is truly sad that you oppose us discussing our Backup program of choice just because you already have one and are satisfied with it. Several of us have learned a lot about backing up our computers in the recent weeks right here on this thread which was the purpose of this thread and now after so much success with learning how to back up our computers you want to censor and silence our learning process simply because you are 'getting bored' with the long and difficult learning process that it takes for people learning how to successfully back up their computers and some for the very first time in a multitude of different ways to insure optimal security.

The IObit forum is a place of learning for so many of us and I am just thrilled that Ted and garybear have been willing to spend their time sharing their knowledge with me about the first backup program that has ever worked successfully for me and that includes Windows Restore which failed miserably 4 consecutive times during the last occasion that I tried to use it. So what you find 'boring' has quite literally saved me from at least 100 hours of genuinely boring work restoring my computer to its current state by hand after I was forced to do a System Restore with the amazing Macrium Reflect Image Backup System and who knows how many others will be far from bored, but rather thrilled to find this thread in the future and benefit by the wealth of detailed and practical information including precise 16 bit color PNG format graphics to familiarize new users with the different phases of Image Backup.

~Maxx~

max do not misunderstand me --its very good -but why not go to there forum

join up and talk to the ones that understand use the back up -as Gary is a member there perhaps you could join-talk post and learn from them !or even teach your experiences share it with them?

thy are the experts on it any how --and as far as what people post here is fine!have no problems--with it you see if you have problems with the program itself stand to reason you would be asking them? thy would be rather thrilled to find thread's in the future, and benefit by the wealth of detailed and practical information" including precise 16 bit color PNG format graphics" (wow that's a nice way of putting it )

to familiarize new users with the different phases of Image Backup.

shure any help is very good but not a mile long post on one back up program if we were to do this with every program posted - iobitt would run out of space!! our nead a bigger data base

as i could add stuff on 600 programs give our forum blow by blow description how to use them! ---than add the comments by others -need more data banks--

Please let us poor people who can't afford the top of the line Ultimate version's---- i already posted this problem above your post sir --a download fix -- using the THE MS file . FOR ALL WIN7 OS INSTALLS--

that you burn to a cd --

i bet if i were to join them started to bash io360 thy be very happy?

and then give them the anser you just give me?

heeeeee- yeh right!

itsmejjj

Windows 7 Recovery Disk/Boot Disk

-------------------------------------------------------------------

With Windows 7 released and currently making its way to shelves in time for the holiday season, we've taken this opportunity to upgrade our copy of the official Windows System Recovery Discs for compatibility with Windows 7.

If you're like most PC users, you probably got Windows 7 with a new PC or laptop. And if you're like 99% of the population, you get your new machines from one of the major manufacturers.

Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo; who all have one thing in common: they don't give you a real Windows 7 installation disc with your purchase. Instead, they bundle what they call a "recovery disc" (that's if you're lucky - otherwise you'll have a recovery partition instead) with your machine and leave it at that.

It doesn't matter that you just paid a thousand dollars for a machine that comes with a valid Windows 7

icense - your computer manufacturer just don't want to spend the money (or perhaps take on the responsibility) of giving you a Windows 7

installation DVD to accompany your expensive purchase.

The problem is, with Windows 7, the installation media serves more than one purpose. It's not just a way to get Windows

installed, it's also the only way of recovering a borked installation. The Windows 7 DVD has a complete "recovery center" that provides you with the option of recovering your system via automated recovery (searches for problems and attempts to fix them automatically), rolling-back to a system restore point, recovering a full PC backup, or accessing a command-line recovery console for advanced recovery purposes.

Thankfully, Microsoft seems to have realized this problem, and have thankfully made a recovery disc for this purpose.

It contains the contents of the Windows 7 DVD's "recovery center," as we've come to refer to it. It cannot be used to install or reinstall Windows 7

and just serves as a Windows PE interface to recovering your PC. Technically, one could re-create this installation media with freely-down loadable media from Microsoft

(namely the Microsoft WAIK kit, a multi-gigabyte download); but it's -decent of Microsoft to make this available to Windows' users who might not be capable of creating such a thing on their own. You can make your own copy from Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, but now you have an easier alternative.

It's a 143 MiB download, and in the standard ISO format, ready to burned directly to a CD or DVD. Don't wait until your PC crashes to download a copy! Download and burn your recovery disc today, so that when the time comes, you'll be ready!

What it does: The Windows 7 Recovery Disc can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using System Restore, Complete PC Backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.

What it doesn't do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows -

it only fixes a corrupted drive,. (backup a image !)and restore--

Why you need it: If you bought your PC from a major retailer, you didn't get this CD with , purchase.

3. When you want to use the recovery center, put the CD in your drive and boot from it. This is usually done by pressing F8 at start up, or changing the boot drive order in the BIOS.

just to make readers aware this is available--

http://www.driver-recovery-cd.com/

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...isk-boot-disk/

perhaps of interest ? and use ms7 version recovery

i have dowloaded the file -and it works ! for any win 7 build --any!

iitsmejjj

just in case you missed it and you think some one is going to sit there read 100 odd posts made on a backup ?

yeah right!

Why DON'T KNOW REALLY? got me! that time--cant think of one

thinking--Umm-nothing--gone blank--sipping my cup of tea --ummmm--

emm na cant think why

get back on this --find a few more -hand just check the data base--

Na have to go to google

hey found a heap of them -think i should ad them?

and benefit the wealth of detailed and practical information" including precise 16 bit color PNG format graphics"

to familiarize new users with the different phases of Image Backup. and the programs ?

to give one the option to chose one ?

A case for the Third Universal Cardinal Rule of Thumb: Never

be absolute, unless absolutely necessary:

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In

English," he said, "A double negative forms a positive. In some

languages, though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a

negative. However, there is no language wherein a double positive can

form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

itsmejjj

Archived