IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit 360 Vs Avg Free Edition

happybushman

guys this is a really fast and clinical program, its done a lot for me. Thanks. Now i have one simple question: Since installing it i find AVG to be a Weekend speed program. I can go on leave for the time AVG takes to do its thing, then i find IObit 360 has already been there and cleaned it, Can i rely on IObit 360 as only line of defense? AVG slows my pc down terribly, and as i say has not caught anything since IOBIT, and then your program caught stuff AVG let loose in the PC.

IObit 360 vs AVG

Hello Happy and welcome to the forum!

IS 360 is an antispyware/antimalware program such as Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, etc. It is NOT an Antivirus Software like AVG. They perform two entirely different functions. IS 360 is made to compliment your already existing AV software and add a further layer of security protection for your computer against sypware and malware. IS 360 is not designed to protect against viruses. If you don't like AVG, you may want to try some of the other fine AV software. If you have the AVG free version you might want to try AVAST! Free edition or Avira. They aren't as bloated or slow down your computer as much and provides as much or better protection(according to tests) than AVG.

Lee

iobit 360/ avg

Hello Happy and welcome to the forum!

IS 360 is an antispyware/antimalware program such as Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D, etc. It is NOT an Antivirus Software like AVG. They perform two entirely different functions. IS 360 is made to compliment your already existing AV software and add a further layer of security protection for your computer against sypware and malware. IS 360 is not designed to protect against viruses. If you don't like AVG, you may want to try some of the other fine AV software. If you have the AVG free version you might want to try AVAST! Free edition or Avira. They aren't as bloated or slow down your computer as much and provides as much or better protection(according to tests) than AVG.

Lee

Hi Lee sorry for the delay, was doing exploration in a very remote location. Jeez i just wish this PC lingo was as easy to understand as my work! (Viruses like Malaria and Cholera i can deal with)! Thanks For your valuable insight, and to be sure it was very enlightening, as for AVG, its going to be history in a few minutes, thanks to you!

Best regards

Eric

IObit 360/avg

happybushman- Leeman has aptly described Security 360's functions with respect to its not functioning as a frontline antivirus program. What firewall are you currently using?

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

Thanks for your reply, been deep in the bush for a while on exploration.

Point taken my friend, and acted on. My current firewall is Spyware Terminator, i found windows to be not so efficient as i would have thought. ST is not that much better. I have crawler and use IE7 which i see also has a type of antivirus? As i told Leeman, this is new jargon for me, i first used a pc 4 years ago, at age 49:oops:

Leeman suggests Avira or Avast!!

I also use IOBits AVS and it picks up privacy problems frequently, despite me clearing my internet cookies and history at the end of each session.

This is what promted me to ask the question in the first place......

Best regards

Eric.

Archived