IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

CPU usage not detected by Smart Defrag

Smart Defrag cpu usage monitor states -1% and never changes. My cpu will be at 100% usage (Task monitor) and smart defrag will not know it and continue to defrag in the background. Smart defrag version 1.20 running on 64 bit windows 7 on an intel dual core processer (e6300). Anyone else have this problem?

Hi toomuch,

smartdefrag is a very good defragging program.

when a program offers some options it does not force us to use them.

Defragging is not needed to be performed continually. Once every two to four weeks based on usage of pc and changes made on HDD is enough.

But when a defrager offers the option of back-ground defragging all others follow.

Anyway even if u are true if u do not face problems during running other software then the problem is harmless.

cheers

Hi toomuch

Are you saying that the green graph line continually show 100% usage?

By me it crawls along the bottom most of the time, but once i a while it jumps to almost 100% for a very short time (fraction of a second) and I see a peak in the graph. Most of the time (almost all the time) it uses between 1 and 4 percent.

Do you have many tracking cookies or spyware on your machine?

Or do you have some mechanical failure so that the machine continually try In-Out operations.

If not - and if it only happens once in a while and for a short period, I do not think it matters much, after all the CPU is build to handle what is was made for.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. by the way - at what temperature is it running?

Smart Defrag cpu usage monitor states -1% and never changes. My cpu will be at 100% usage (Task monitor) and smart defrag will not know it and continue to defrag in the background. Smart defrag version 1.20 running on 64 bit windows 7 on an intel dual core processer (e6300). Anyone else have this problem?

toomuch

I agree with Demitris-disable that auto-defrag crap.It's totally pointless IMO.You don't get up and start clearing the dishes off the table before you're done eating,do you? If you want an auto feature that makes sense,defrag at the end of the day,and have SD shut down your PC.Wake up to a rig that's ready to go.

Hi toomuch

Are you saying that the green graph line continually show 100% usage?

By me it crawls along the bottom most of the time, but once i a while it jumps to almost 100% for a very short time (fraction of a second) and I see a peak in the graph. Most of the time (almost all the time) it uses between 1 and 4 percent.

Do you have many tracking cookies or spyware on your machine?

Or do you have some mechanical failure so that the machine continually try In-Out operations.

If not - and if it only happens once in a while and for a short period, I do not think it matters much, after all the CPU is build to handle what is was made for.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. by the way - at what temperature is it running?

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your answer.

My cpu is not always at 100% !! :) I was giving an example to show that SmartDefrag is not seeing the CPU activity. If I run a stress test software for example (orthos) or any CPU intensive software, the CPU Usage Graph that is on the "Auto Defrag" tab will not move a bit, it actually always stays on -1% even though I know for a fact that there is CPU activity.

I might just disable the auto defrag option, but this goes beyond the purpose which is to find out why smart defrag is not monitoring my cpu activity properly.

Can anyone running Windows 7 64bit 7600 (RTM) with smart defrag 1.20 attest that they are not having the same issue, this way I can confirm that it is not a compatibility issue with this version of windows.

I've also ran multiple anti spyware/malware and anti-viruses and can say that my system is clean.

Thank you,

Archived