IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

what is scan by normal priority means??

taleblou

Hi:

I was wondering what does "Scan by normal priority" option means? DO I check it and do I move the curser to right or what?? Can not find anything on it. Thanks in advance.

By the way its under "scan setting", "Extension"

that is change to cpu should firstly or seondly to handle iobit scanning process

if using high cpu will handle is360 first than another programme the scanning process it will become more fast but it may cause another application will hangs when the scan was running

if you set low cpu will handle another process first than is360 but the scanning process will become slower and use much time to finish the scan

So I recommend you not chage this setting if you don't know what happen will cause

Hi aaa

Right!

You could call "normal priority" default or standard, - what the parameters for that is I do not yet know in detail.

High priority is as you descibed it, - it will use a bigger slice of your CPU for the job (this may actually slow the computer down - depending on how you use it - and what programs you have running while this is going on)

Low priority will try to run the process when the computer isn't otherwise engaged (funnily enough this sometimes also slows the computer down)

So the recommandation to run it in Normal Priority is good advice I think.

The slide should be left in the middle - as this IS the normal priority.

At least this is how I percieve it :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

that is change to cpu should firstly or seondly to handle iobit scanning process

if using high cpu will handle is360 first than another programme the scanning process it will become more fast but it may cause another application will hangs when the scan was running

if you set low cpu will handle another process first than is360 but the scanning process will become slower and use much time to finish the scan

So I recommend you not chage this setting if you don't know what happen will cause

Hi:

I was wondering what does "Scan by normal priority" option means? DO I check it and do I move the curser to right or what?? Can not find anything on it. Thanks in advance.

By the way its under "scan setting", "Extension"

Hi taleblou,

The explanation below in Recommended Scan Settings? thread may be of help to you.

Scan with normal priority

As you may know, programs run with priorities, where you can see which priorities are the programs using, in Task Manager.

You can adjust the priority of Scanning of IS 360 by the slider.

If you change the priority of IS 360, and run it, you can check and see it by opening the Task Manager.

Higher Priority is the command to the computer that, when that program is running, it will have priority of CPU usage compared to other programs running in normal priority or less priority.

If you are using ASC, you will have an option for the programs, in their right-click menu, to run the program with " Boost with Advanced SystemCare", which is the same as to run with high priority.

Cheers.

hi taleblou

The CPU executes machine code commands (binary) one at a cycle.

when many programs (processes) must be run the COMPUTERS of any type(mainframe, mini,micro) work in a mode called Time-Sharing that is to say they execute commands from many programs in a rotation style in so high speed that give the impression they are executed simultaneously.(eg 1 billion commands per second)

Some programs have greater priority and they are given more time (more commands) when they are executed.

A user can change priority if he likes but is not recomended.

Run Task Manager (right click on task-bar)

Choose processes

Right click on a process

Choose priority-----u see 6 levels (do not change anything)

cheers

Archived