IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Closing IOrbit

Hello

I reinstalled IOrbit 3.1 the last beta avalable to give it a second chance.

Everything is wonderfull except I have the same trouble and will explain it here so some of you GEEKS will probably be able to lighten my candle..

Thanks you for being there.

WhenIclose my computer when it gets to closing IOrbit, I get 2 windows

A) It says this exactly

EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE

C0000013 PARAMETERS 75afbf9c 4 75afbf9c 75afbf9c

B) The second window in the back says Iorbit does not respond.

But if I remove the icon in the sys tray before closing my computer ,everything shuts down normaly???

So what could we do to prevent this.

PS It dose this everytime and I tried it many times ...

HI there Poirim.

Perhaps it's an issue wit your windows OS or other program. I've installed beta 3.1 on 3 different windows XP SP2 machines and so far smartdefrag works fine, no error, no crash, not even when shutting down or rebooting my computers.

Anyone else with additional information?

You might try a "clean" installation, that is to say uninstall the program, delete the folder it came from, so that there is nothing of the old version left on your computer. Then install the new version and test it.

Good luck to you!

solbjerg

Closing IOrbit

Thanks but I did remove everything a week ago and was waiting for the new release of IOrbit.

Maybe in the registry????

I know for sure that if I click on the icon in the systray and exit IOrbit I can close my computer normaly

but if not I get the message I posted before and that happens every time

So for now what I do is this:I close IOrbit from the systray before I shutdown my computer.

I like IOrbit and would like to keep it.

It must have to do with maybe something left in the registry but I did cleanup the registry and it did not change a thing

So I am relying on you people to help me Thank you

Michel Poirier

Yes Ok, so you have tried just about everything.

I don't activate automatic defrag in my SmartDefrag, so I don't have those problems.

But I have tried and noticed that the fragmentation level usually was about 2-3%, but I run the Window defragger once in a while too, so I have no clear picture of the efficiency of SmartDefrag, - hence my question.

Greetings solbjerg

Hi Poiri, it's strange the problem you report, since at least in my case I don't have any problems on 3 different computers.

it's probably that something else is messing with the way iobit works.

Or perhaps your issue is also present with other users, as you say, maybe you have to wait for the next release of smartdefrag.

I ran regedit and browsed for "iobit" entries, and just found the normal entries (application path, star menu path, uninstall, etc) so I don't think it has something to do with the registry unless other program is having conflict with iobit smartdefrag OR smartdefrag is in conflict with another application.

Have you tried to send iobit a bug report???

Hi Poiri, it's strange the problem you report, since at least in my case I don't have any problems on 3 different computers.

it's probably that something else is messing with the way iobit works.

Or perhaps your issue is also present with other users, as you say, maybe you have to wait for the next release of smartdefrag.

I ran regedit and browsed for "iobit" entries, and just found the normal entries (application path, star menu path, uninstall, etc) so I don't think it has something to do with the registry unless other program is having conflict with iobit smartdefrag OR smartdefrag is in conflict with another application.

Have you tried to send iobit a bug report???

Yes I did send a report and waiting for answer but I am not holding my breath since I sent them some a month ago and never received news of it.

I am sure that there is a conflict with my computer and also sure that IOrbit is ok I was just wandering if someone out there would know what I should look for or do in my registry..or else where..

Thanks

ps I do have the latest version and Iorbit is the only defrag program that dose this problem. I have installed 4 other degrag program and Ido not have any problems.. I did remove them all by the way...

So why, are you going to ask, I don't use the others?? I rely like everything about IOrbit Smart defrag but before I pay somethingI wont to be sure I dont have problems....

Thanks you for your replies and if you think of something else please let me know I am ready to try anything

Have a nice day and I will be checking this post regularly

Michel Poirier

You could try clicking things off and then on again, to be sure that it isn't an application that "hangs".

Otherwise I am at a loss.

Hope you solve it somehow

Good luck

By the way it is spelled Iobit, my guess would be that it comes from

Intelligent Optimization of bits

finally ok

Thank you for the spelling leson IOBIT is working fine

The trouble that i had occurs only when I have IOBIT installed and is caused by a key in my registry.. so there is a conflick with the key and IOBIT

I presume on some configuration but not all.

Anyway I close my case and here is the key in question

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

source path Reg_SZ H:\I386

The key mentioned by Poirim is not relevant for the problem.

The key in question only points out the location that was used to install Windows from. That is usually a CD/DVD so the drive mentioned by Poirim is possible.

No other software uses that key.

The error message mentioned earlier is related to a problem with the pagefile. If you delete the pagefile (in safe mode), then restart the computer (in normal mode), a new pagefile is generated and you should not see the problem again.

Hello again

My trouble is still all there I am just bypassing it.

Your last remark made me wonder.

I do have a letter H but it is my cd player is it suppose to point to one of my drives???

Thank you

M Poirier

The key mentioned by Poirim is not relevant for the problem.

The key in question only points out the location that was used to install Windows from. That is usually a CD/DVD so the drive mentioned by Poirim is possible.

No other software uses that key.

The error message mentioned earlier is related to a problem with the pagefile. If you delete the pagefile (in safe mode), then restart the computer (in normal mode), a new pagefile is generated and you should not see the problem again.

Hum How do you do a page file??? Thank you

just restart windows in safe mode, the on safemode you have to look for for "pagefile.sys" it's a hidden file that normally resides on the C:\ root directory.

If you're unable to see it the you must allow windows to display hidden files & folders, you do so by opening windows explorer and then go to "tool" > "folder options" > and choose the second tab "view". then browse for the option "show hidden files & folder" and temporary allow it.

now you should be able to see the pagefile.sys and just delete it and reboot windows in normal mode.

Windows will recreate the pagefile.sys

hope this helps

hello ektorbarajas

Fine, but maybe Poirim has to reach Folder Settings by hitting Windows Key and R sumultaniously, writing control in the "run" window, opening Folder Settings in the controlpanel and then follow your (ektorbarajas) bid for a solution

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. Iobit Defrag did not show in the system tray though Task Manager showed it running. I selected it from the Start menu to get the window and checked that I had selected Minimise to tray. A restart failed to solve this, so I deselected Autostart and Minimise to tray, restarted the system, started Iobit defrag manually, and reselected the two options.

PS. As well as AWC I use WinASO regsistry optimiser daily.

Archived