IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[2.Bi-Weekly]Iobit 360 Vs Some free security tools.

ha14

Hi

Well today I compared iobit 360 free version 1 definition 191101 vs The list of various free scanning tools is as follow:

Spyware doctor 6.1.0.488 , Superantispyware 4.29.1002, Arovax Antispyware 2.1.153, Malwarebytes antimalware 1.41, Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46, Aware Ad-Aware 8.0.8, A-squared Anti-Malware 4.5.0.11, Evonsoft Advanced Spyware Remover Free Edition 1.98 and Doctor Alex Antispyware Free 2.06.

The all scan including updates took 5 hours with some cup of coffees.

I didnt purposely infected my pc other than that coming from the normal use. This is what we do. Some scanners made the pc responding slowly such as ad-aware and spyware doctor, whereas iobit 360 was running well and faster than malwarebytes and spyware doctor.

I had spywarebegone installed as trial version and iobit 360 detected as unwanted software! and A-squared Anti-Malware asked to send the sample to be checked since also detected spywarebegone.

ALso I had a copy of win32.polip.a and when I scanned with iobit security 360, Malwarebytes antimalware, superantispyware, spyware doctor and Spybot. None of them detected but when I scanned the exe with avast pro it gaved an alarm and asked to delete the file.

I didnt added in the review since I thought that win32.polip.a is a special case.

The report can be found here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tynmgklolzk/Test antivirus.rar

SO next I made to complete my observations on a folder containing 288 infected files. For the complete report please download from the second link.

Please read below in the separate post for the updated result and download from;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qoz3wwuw5c3/Test Antivirus 2.rar

Hi ha

Very good!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

Well today I compared iobit 360 free version 1 definition 191101 vs The list of various free scanning tools is as follow:

Spyware doctor 6.1.0.488 , Superantispyware 4.29.1002, Arovax Antispyware 2.1.153, Malwarebytes antimalware 1.41, Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46, Aware Ad-Aware 8.0.8, A-squared Anti-Malware 4.5.0.11, Evonsoft Advanced Spyware Remover Free Edition 1.98 and Doctor Alex Antispyware Free 2.06.

The all scan including updates took 5 hours with some cup of coffees.

I didnt purposely infected my pc other than that coming from the normal use. This is what we do. Some scanners made the pc responding slowly such as ad-aware and spyware doctor, whereas iobit 360 was running well and faster than malwarebytes and spyware doctor.

I had spywarebegone installed as trial version and iobit 360 detected as unwanted software! and A-squared Anti-Malware asked to send the sample to be checked since also detected spywarebegone.

The report can be found here.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/inx2itnz2rn/Test antivirus.rar

So after completing my first test then I tested iobit Security 360 scanning/detecting ability on a folder containing 288 infected files.

---1-2-3 Spyware Free version 4.8 Spyware definition 986116 records

---A Squared free 4.5.0.11 Malware sugnatures 3 238 687 last update 30/09/09

---Advanced Spyware Remover 1.98 Reference of infection definitions 42419 Last Update 6/8/ 2008

---Ad-Aware 8.0.8 Definition file 014400000 Last Update 30/09/2009

---Advanced System Protector 2.0.323.1979 Database version 251 25/09/2009

---Arovax AntiSpyware 2.1.153 known treats 54845 Signature files 15/11/2007

---Iobit Security 360 version 1.0.0.60 (1209) Latest Definition Data(09/30/2009)

---Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41 Fingerprints Loaded 138111 Database version 2875 Date 30/09/2009

---Superantispyware 4.29.1002 Core 4135 Trace 2068 Definition updated 09/30/2009

Iobiy scan was fast and faster then some security soft that has longer marketing age. But I was surprised to find that some softs that in my opinion should had less detecting rate performed well and possibly better. SO I decided to include both results to Iobit team examination. The idea was also to learn from it if Ive done mistakes and also for iobit to be in knowledge on the testing samples.

The detecting rate also depends if the files are more like virus then as spywares, rogues....so possible this is not the speciality of some software that really didnt detected anything when they were use in their free version.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qoz3wwuw5c3/Test Antivirus 2.rar

Hi scargo

Did you want to enter the competition?

If so you should have created your own thread.

With your post here you have added your test to this thread, which "belongs" to ha14!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I've been using iobit for a few years now. I got iobit360 several months ago when it first came out. I do like it it's fast and effective. There are also two other programs I'v been using over 2 years that are free Dr. Web and Prevx! Prevx is very fast but it will not remove spyware,malware etc. until you buy the license. Dr Web will remove all that it finds but scans take a long time. Anyway here are my test with Prevx today and iobit security360 today. Not sure i did this right but hope so on the upload files.

Hi Scargo

Please read this thread:

Online Help for IObit Software

The way to make a new thread is rather straightforward

You just click the button "New Thread" and take it from there - name the thread and paste your test in the writing window - click submit - and there you have it!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1966&d=1254866925

Cheers

solbjerg

I do not know how to post a new thread. I'm not that knowledgable about forums.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived