IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Autodefragging not stopping with 3.1

Hi,

With 3.1 there is a problem. When the computer seems inactive then autodefragging is starting but it's a complete wrong impression. It starts any time. And it never stops. It should stop when there is an activity but it does not.

One of the previous versions was able to do just that. Yes, it could stop when there was an activity. Then it went worse and worse. Other bugs were disappearing...but this one popped up.

What's the use of having a Smartdefrag when the user can't use his computer because the software does not let him.

Vbeta 3.1 is far better but this problem made the whole work done for the rest useless.

I had to switch off automatic defragging because the software would not stop defragging when I needed my computer most...

I hope the devs can do something about it.

It's weird, since on 3 computers where I installed it, autodefrag just run a while and was paused whenever my cpu usgae was above 10 %.

Perhaps your dis drive is heavily fragmented? even so... autodefrag should run BUT pause if CPU usage is above 10%, unless you changed that value to a higher one.

have already analyzed your drive? it's done inside the manual defrag windows.

Maybe I did not finish my thoughts.:)

I wanted to say that when the user moves his mouse Smartdefrag should stop.

If this feature does not exist anymore. It's different.

You're right the program stops when CPU is over the limit set by the user.

Archived