IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[2.Bi-Weekly]Real-Time protection test using the PC Security Test 2007 program

SJSF

PC Security Test 2007 is a program that simulates a malware attack.

Ignore the virus and hacker test as they are design to test the firewall and anti-virus.

During the test the Windows firewall and passive defenses were active, but only the real-time protection of the anti-malware being tested was active.

IObit Security scored a 75% with manual blocking in the spyware test, failing the simulation of spyware component being added to Internet Explorer test, but getting an overall good protection raiting.However after setting it to remember to block its rating varied between 45%, 25% and 0%.

Spyware Terminator scored 50% with its low security level, automatically allow unknown processes and ask user to decide for threats shield settings.It scored 100% with its high security level, ask user to decide for threats and ask user to decide for unknown processes shield settings.

Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus Starter Edition scored 0% in the spyware test with its limited IntelliGuard Protection.

Spybot Search & Destroy scored 0% in the spyware test with its Tea Timer Resident shield in normal mode and 75% with its Tea Timer Resident shield in paranoid mode.

Without any real-time protection my Windows XP Professional with service pack 3.0 scored 100% in the anti-hacking protection test, 45% in the anti-virus protection test and 0% in the anti-spyware protection test.

PC Security Test1.zip

PC Security Test2.zip

PC Security Test 2007 data.zip

Anti-malware settings during the PC Security Test.zip

Hi

I did thet test sometime ago with superantispyware pro and the result gaved only 25%, so I emailed to superantispyware and they replied a day later

Aug 23 2009 (Sun)

8:52:30 PM PDT

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Replied:

Hello,

Those tests don't test real-world infections and are really worthless - we guard against actual threats, not tests. :)

Test revelations

This test revealed a problem with IObit Security 360's Real-Time protection allow or deny and remember action, in which after setting it to remember an action it can't be changed to a different action or deleted from the invisible list in case a mistake is made.

Spyware Terminator also has the allow or block and remember actions but they can later be changed by going to a white list and a black list.The options include, delete item from list or change item to the other list.

I hope IObit adds a listing system to IObit Security 360 similar to Spyware Terminator's black list,white list system.

Archived