IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Will this work???

garybear

Gary

boot files infected

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Boot-Sector-Virus

BIOS infected

A virus in the bios is normaly cleared by reloading its defaults after you have allowed it to discharge by remove-ing all power even the bios battery.

memory

turn off pc leave for 3 minutes for memory to clear and pray.

you have AVG do you used the paid for version

Hi sunny. I read your web page. Its sounds like I have no business being there but I will keep it in mind should I ever become that desperate. I use the free version of AVG. I tried avira but I don't like changes. I'm old and I don't like things to change to much. I have used AVG for 5 years. I have never had a virus and I trust AVG. I know people on the forum think its a resource hog and prefer avira or avast. I like my AVG and my Macrium. I'm to old and to stubborn to change my ways. No one has commented if a macrium image restore would get rid of a virus.. My way of thinking tells me it would. Here's the reason I think it would. It erases all the data and then restores your image to the day you made that image. I don't know about the BIOS. The way I understand it is Macrium formats your HD and then restores your OS to that day. I wish I was more PC literate so I could talk the talk but I do the best I can with what I have. To my way of thinking this is better than using your OS restore disk. You will restore almost all of your windows up dates this way, which can really be a pain in the butt if you have to use Windows Update to do that. I try real hard to learn some thing new every day and I love this forum because I can do that here. Live well my friends.{garybear}

An external scanner is, or rather what i call, a scanner from a source other than the infected computer. Example being bartpe. Using that to clean a computer is much easier, and sometimes safer than using the scanner within the infected computer *(ie the file is in use, and cannot delete, and if it does, it causes the computer to crash). The big guns is in reference to "big antiviruses", which are usually disabled, or cannot install, or, in the worst case scenario, the infection allows NOTHING to execute.

Hi vman. I knew you could bring it down to my level. Thank you sir. When you talk about bartpe, is that the one I have on a disk and allows me to boot up my PC and access features in my OS??

Yes. Bartpe basically uses your RAM as a hard drive so to say, since your files are copied there. From there on, you can access scanners such as Avira, or avast. This is an external scanner...

By the way, remember UBCD4WIN? well, if you had created that, you would be able to UPDATE your definitions.

Your only as secure as your last update.

Try this first

Hi people. I think I'll try this first; if I ever get a virus and go from there. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules with this screen print. Thank you every one for your advice and your posts. I can not begin to express my feelings for everyone on this forum. You are all truly a blessing in this old mans heart. I can not express the joy I have being a part of this forum. No I'm not in the Canadian Hunter. I have to check with the doc to see if I can still have a shot once in a while.lol. I may have one no matter what he says.lol Live well my friends {garybear}

I went down that road just once and it dead ended at System Recoveryville. Had I known garybear back then I would have been able to take the quick detour through Macriumville and been back on the road with a Fresh Image in just a few minutes instead of day after day of doing battle with the crapware in the OEM System Restore!

~Maxx~

Friend needs help.

Hi. I'm trying to help a friend with a badly infected PC that lives a long distance away. She tells me she can not get on the internet to down load soft ware that might help[Malwarebytes and Superantiyspyware and IObit 360. When she try's to access the net, she gets a message that's its blocked. Could she go into safe mode with networking and get on the net to down load some programs? My PC won't load the drivers for safe mode with networking because I have a modem. I can go into safe mode but can't connect to the net. I'm not sure she is telling me every thing I need to know. We chat live on a poker program that has to have a network connection. I don't understand how she gets on that but can't access her browser to down load programs. Are these viruses causing this problem? I would appreciate any advice. She says she doesn't have the option to reinstall her OS. This is why I keep telling people to back up your OS but no one listens. Thank you and live well my friends. {garybear}

The virus'/malware can most likely be the reason she cant access the internet. If you cant access the net, the only thing you can do is take the scanners, put them on the usb (make sure you save the updated rules), and try to install it. If the scanners wont install...you have a BIG problem.

If that doesn't work, you have to take an external scanner. If your good with computers, take out her hard drive, set it up as a slave drive, and scan it with YOUR computer.

Or, bust out a a bootcd, and use that to get rid of the majority of the junk on their, and helpt he comp access the internet.

(Would really suggest the slave drive, or boot cd).

You might also need a rootkit scanner. Gmer is a good one.

http://www.gmer.net/

If all else fails, a reformat is necessary.

Thanks friend

The virus'/malware can most likely be the reason she cant access the internet. If you cant access the net, the only thing you can do is take the scanners, put them on the usb (make sure you save the updated rules), and try to install it. If the scanners wont install...you have a BIG problem.

If that doesn't work, you have to take an external scanner. If your good with computers, take out her hard drive, set it up as a slave drive, and scan it with YOUR computer.

Or, bust out a a bootcd, and use that to get rid of the majority of the junk on their, and helpt he comp access the internet.

(Would really suggest the slave drive, or boot cd).

You might also need a rootkit scanner. Gmer is a good one.

http://www.gmer.net/

Hi vman. Thanks for your post sir. I do not have a problem. I have a clean OS. I have all the programs installed and use them. As I stated in my post my friend lives a long way from where I am. I do not have the option to install the programs on a flash drive and use them on her PC. I have all those programs on a flash drive but have no way to access her PC. I have BartPE that could be a external scanner but she is to far away for that. That leaves out putting her HD in slave and using my PC to scan and pretty much leaves out all your very good and very appreciated advice my friend. All your suggestions have been noted and I can't wait to try them out on a friends PC that is in driving range. Thank you for your knowledge my friend and I will use it.I have a full back up image of my OS and do not have this problem. Reformat is also not any good unless an OS cd is available. I suspect she is sxxx out of luck unless she has a close friend that can preform the options in your post. You are greatly appreciated my friend. Live well.{garybear}

Thanks

Hi vmam. Hi enoskype. Hi sunny. Thanks for posting. That really puzzles me also vman. We chat every night on poker site so how does she connect and chat on that site if she can't connect to the net. I couldn't find any help files on rootkit. I have never used a program like it before. I will not delete any thing and never saw an option to delete any thing enoskype. Will they be red if they are bad and then will I have option to do some thing with them sunny. Thank guys, you are the best and are much appreciated. Live well friends. {garybear}

You should be able to yes.

If she can talk to you on the poker chat, but not go to any website...

Instruct her to do the following: Open up IE, go to her addons, and disable everything she sees.

Usually there are toolbars and such that attach to the browsers and prevent them from accessing certain sites and some just redirect you. Ask her to see if one of her friends could download hijack this and post it on this site. That would help A LOT.

Thanks friends

Hi my friends. I'm happy to report that my friend had over 2000 problems of malware. I'm even happier to report that she is now back up and running and says every thing is back to normal. She told her friend what I told her to do, and her friend did it. 2000 sounds like a lot but that's what she said she had. I told her to boot in safe mode with networking. Then I told her to down load Malwarebytes and run scan and follow instructions. Her friend helped her and found 2000 malwares. I'm very happy that this worked. I want to thank everyone for your help and advice and my poker friend sends her love to every one on the forum. You are the best. Pat your self on the back. I also send my love to every one. Live well my friends. {garybear}

Archived