IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unable to UNINSTALL IObit SmartDefrag Beta3.1

Had this program on my computer for quite awhile and never use it. Tried to uninstall but get the following error message:

File "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

I no longer have the original installation .exe so I don't know how to recover the missing file.

How can I get this program removed from my computer?

Hi krekerohan

You probably use MacAfee - they had a false positive a while back that removed the uninstall data file.

If you want to uninstall SmartDefrag now, your best bet is to download the install program and install it.

When you try that installation it will come up with the message that it can't uninstall the previous version. Click OK and wait a few seconds for the installation to start - you will get a warning where you click ignore about 10 times and the program will be installed anyway.

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=18955&postcount=2

After this you can uninstall the program in the usual way.

I will though just take this opportunity to say that a defragmentation once in a while is a good thing - actually a must.

Cheers

solbjerg

Had this program on my computer for quite awhile and never use it. Tried to uninstall but get the following error message:

File "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

I no longer have the original installation .exe so I don't know how to recover the missing file.

How can I get this program removed from my computer?

Archived