IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Privacy Sweep doesn't "fully" erase the history?

Mike406

I have all boxes checked for IE, it erases my typed URL's. But however say I went to microsoft.com, if I use systemcare, it erases microsoft.com from the typed URL's, but not from history. In history it still says Microsoft Corporation, when I start to type in the M. Same goes for other sites such as youtube.com, the youtube.com is erased but not "Youtube Broadcast Yourself" from history.

Also why doesn't it erase Temporary Internet Files, that folder is still FILLED with tons of things!

-Mike

Hi Mike

Please send a couple of screenshots of your "Privacy Sweep"

By the way - I suppose you know that you can clean cookies and temporary files and so on in the controlpanel/Internet settings?

You can also change the setting as to how long you want your temporary files to be saved. As far as I remember I think the default is a fortnight, - you can lower that to a week or a couple of days or even ask it to delete them every day.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have all boxes checked for IE, it erases my typed URL's. But however say I went to microsoft.com, if I use systemcare, it erases microsoft.com from the typed URL's, but not from history. In history it still says Microsoft Corporation, when I start to type in the M. Same goes for other sites such as youtube.com, the youtube.com is erased but not "Youtube Broadcast Yourself" from history.

Also why doesn't it erase Temporary Internet Files, that folder is still FILLED with tons of things!

-Mike

Here are some screenshots.

First screenshot shows that I have everything checked under IE for deletion

Second screenshot shows what is in my temp internet files, before deletion

Third screenshot shows what ASC actually finds (only 9 things)

And last screenshot shows how much was removed from temp internet files (only 3 files!)

If I go ahead and use CCleaner, it deletes everything out of temporary internet files however.

Hi Mike406,

In your screenshots, I see that you do not have the "Junk Files Clean" checked in Advanced SystemCare.

Windows Temporary Files and IE Temporary Files are consider Junk Files

Please go to "Options > Junk Files Clean" and check whatever things you want to remove from your computer.

Image Attached:

Cheers.

Hi Magic[Hunter],

Mike406 is right, I experience the same what he complains, there is something there to be looked after.

I have to say something here for IS 360 too.

On top of the above problem, if you have a User Name which has a non-unicode character in it, then IS 360's privacy sweep DO NOT delete the IE cookies.

On the other hand, ASC's Windows Manager-Cookies Manager DELETES the cookies even if you have a non-unicode character in the User Name.

Same glitch exists in CCleaner though.

Cheers.

;25872']Hi Mike406,

In your screenshots, I see that you do not have the "Junk Files Clean" checked in Advanced SystemCare.

Windows Temporary Files and IE Temporary Files are consider Junk Files

Please go to "Options > Junk Files Clean" and check whatever things you want to remove from your computer.

Image Attached:

Cheers.

If I have it scan for Junk Files, it says 0 files recovered for IE, even tho temporary internet files contains many files. Notice in the first screenshot, I do have it set to delete IE Temp files, but in the 2nd screenshot it shows that it doesn't find any.

-Mike

Archived