IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Security 360 Database Updates automatically?

MagicHunter

Hello all,

Just a quick question.

I installed IS360 v1.01 yesterday~

I have my Update set as "Check for updates when program starts" because i'm using a Free version.

when I start my IS360, the database updates itself automatically (without the popup asking you to "Download Now") as if I have the "Update programs and database automatically" selected.

Is this a bug or did IObit make it automatically in v1.01? :-?

Cheers.

We improved the update function!

Hello,

It is NOT a bug. We made the update function work in background even for FREE edition. But the program only checks the update when it starts. So, if you make it run in background for days, it can NOT update itself as PRO edition can do.

Improved update function =)

Hello,

It is NOT a bug. We made the update function work in background even for FREE edition. But the program only checks the update when it starts. So, if you make it run in background for days, it can NOT update itself as PRO edition can do.

Hello IObit Guy,

Thank you for the reply

I left it on all day and no second auto update came by. Like you said, it checks the update when it starts~

Nice update! I like it :-P

Cheers.

Hi there,

when I start my IS360, the database updates itself automatically
Well, that's strange because my Pro version is doing just the opposite. When I startup I get the popup asking me if I want to download the update and I'm configured to Update programs and Database automatically.

Hi Ted,

If you are using a PRO version of IS360 you should not see a popup asking you to "Download Now"

Please go to "Settings > Update" and change your option to "Check for updates when program starts" and then change back to "Update programs and database automatically". Restart your IS360 and see if you still get a popup for update~

If that doesn't work, you might wanna reinstall IS360 v1.01 and see if the problem is still there.

Not sure if it is a bug or your computer. (I do not have the PRO version to test with)

What Operating System are you using btw?

Cheers.

Archived