IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A worry from laptop carrying person

jovihava

Hi All,

I have been using ASC free version for several months, been relatively happy about it.

A while a go a purchased the full version, to maybe get better support from software.

Othervise I'm happy, but one thing is bothering me. As I am a professional user who carries laptop around from a meeting to another, and not wanting to carry power supply along, I have been trying to optimise the battery life to last through day.

Now it seems that the ASC does something in the background also when laptop is used with battery, and of course it consumes energy, and I do not like that. It would be good if it would recognize the battery use and not do background work accordingly.

I have noticed the shortening of battery life to less than half from original after taking up the full version of ASC.

Is there something I can do myself, like disabling the smart defrag etc? Or is there some way of stopping the background activities for the time of battery use? I would not like to give up on the ASC because of this.

BR

Jorma

Hi jovihava

You have to use the setting either to deactivate Automatic Care or go into the properties for scheduled care and put a tick in the appropriate boxes under the tab settings and then under power settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi All,

I have been using ASC free version for several months, been relatively happy about it.

A while a go a purchased the full version, to maybe get better support from software.

Othervise I'm happy, but one thing is bothering me. As I am a professional user who carries laptop around from a meeting to another, and not wanting to carry power supply along, I have been trying to optimise the battery life to last through day.

Now it seems that the ASC does something in the background also when laptop is used with battery, and of course it consumes energy, and I do not like that. It would be good if it would recognize the battery use and not do background work accordingly.

I have noticed the shortening of battery life to less than half from original after taking up the full version of ASC.

Is there something I can do myself, like disabling the smart defrag etc? Or is there some way of stopping the background activities for the time of battery use? I would not like to give up on the ASC because of this.

BR

Jorma

Archived