IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

is the registry fix feature safe?

taleblou

Hi:

Got the advanced systemcare installed and was wondering can you guys post here your experience with its "registry fix" feature please? Is it safe? Does it cause crashes or like some registry fixer causes windows cruption, etc. needing format etc.? I need to know before using it on my win xp pro pc and vista home laptop? I am scared of touching the registry and since I know there are alot of junk registry there I need to know if it is safe to do this. Thanks in advance for your input.

the first thing for you to do back up ---just to be sure--and you be fine --

there are sometimes problems that crop up--make a full image of your c> drive plus a booting repair disk--

or at the very min a restore point ---then go ahead ---

post back how it went--

Hi owg

Please read the manual and Online Help for IObit Software

same as USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS located in the Lounge section of the forum.

Welcome!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

The Windows Registry is a hideously complex which is supposed to keep track of Windows system settings, your hardware configuration, installed software, file associations and so on.

Sometime for one reason to another you will see something wrong with file association such as clicking on IE will open my folder, clicking microsoft word will open your desktop bin. This means something happened to the registry. So one way to fix it is to give the automatic fixing to advanced system care which will scan and repair the file association.

Aggressive registry cleaning can remove entries required for some programs to operate. This can do to virus attack or windows mistakes.

At the butoom of the reality using ASC to repair registry is recommended. But in cas you should make a back up ogf the registry or make a system restore point as your convenience.

well i did it on my win xp pro sp2 (32bit) pc

Hi:

I did make a restore points on windows and advance systemcare. It detected 137 registry errors that my norton systemwork premier win-doctor did not and i fixed it. since last night its been good so far and hopefuly will be good. I did not try it on my laptop windows vista home sp2 (32bit) and do not know how safe it can be for vista. ANyone tried it on the vista please let me know.

Also how about the registry defregmenting; is it safe to do on xp and vista or just leave it at registry fix only?

Anyway I have been using norton systemwork premier win-doctor registry fix feature for many years now and never had any issues on vista or xp. So this was a first using advance systemcare registry fix feature. I was a bet hesitan to use it since it detected over 100 more regstry errors that win-doctor failed to detect. Will let you know how it will go and hopefuly no issues. Please let me know about how safe it is on a vista windows for my laptop. Thanks in advance.

P.S. by the way I only have sandboxie and shadow defender active on my pcs and laptops an no proactive security softwares. Also I did the registry fix during shadow defender turn off time.

• 9 months later...

When it comes to computer security and safety, prevention really is better than the cure and so the user is advised to ensure that they minimize risky behavior such as downloading from peer to peer networking websites which are notorious for the high presence of malware and other malicious programs. Since most users would obviously prefer to subscribe to free cleaner it is important to know the top considerations in finding the best free registry cleaner for your computer.

Registry Cleaners

Archived