IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE Forced Use

StopChaos

1. I object to iobit forcing IE on me ... FF is default browser, yet iobit forces use of IE to get help. Please take a look at not forcing IE on us ...

2. Comment: On the first scan with iobit360 it failed to find Trojan-Banker.win32 that was detected minutes later by aSquared as high risk ...

Thanks ...

umm S360 is mainly for adware/malware. you should still use some other virus scanner in addition to S360. ive noticed it does a wonderful job at picking up adware and other similar issues so it compliments my symantec virus scanner which doesnt scan for adware/malware

not to be rude, but is it an issue to use IE just for help? would removing IE fix this issue?

umm S360 is mainly for adware/malware. you should still use some other virus scanner in addition to S360. ive noticed it does a wonderful job at picking up adware and other similar issues so it compliments my symantec virus scanner which doesnt scan for adware/malware

not to be rude, but is it an issue to use IE just for help? would removing IE fix this issue?

On some setups it's impossible to removed ie

ie is the most insecure browser and most malware seems to come when using ie so it is odd that iobit forces us to use this JUNK

Hi there, StopChaos and hyderPete,

What section of IOBit help is forcing IE on you? FF is my default browser and I can read all Help files and IOBit contact pages. Admittedly I do have a few FF addons and plugins installed.

Hi there, StopChaos and hyderPete,

What section of IOBit help is forcing IE on you? FF is my default browser and I can read all Help files and IOBit contact pages. Admittedly I do have a few FF addons and plugins installed.

I I click on any of the links from within the program itself it launches into ie if I click on send feedback etc it bypassed FF which is set as the default browser

A bit more info

My IObit help uses FireFox as well.

I should mention that when I first went to Set Program Access and Defaults my screen looked exactly the same as the screeshot Ted has supplied but I knew there was something wrong because my Registry said 'Value not set'.

I changed a setting and clicked OK then went back again and changed the same setting back to the way it was and then clicked OK.

It seems this change of setting and clicking OK sent the message to the Registry and the changes were made there.

So, I would suggest that even if the settings look right a change and change back maybe needed to 'update' the Registry :-)

All the best, woz of oz

Archived