IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

annoying malware that reappears after restart!

Pascs

Well i started using iobit 360 and was impressed at first when it detected most of the spywares and malwares i had in my system that the other software's i used could not detect but then i noticed when i restarted the system and performed a scan again i still would get 2 threats that were supposedly removed before the restart.

here were the name of the threats.

Trojan.agent

Backdoor.IRC.Bot

Are they false positives or not? and how can i remove them from my system?

Some malware will lock itself into system restore so when you think it's deleted the malware simply reinstalls itself upon reboot. Try disabling system restore and running your scans again. Disabling system restore can even delete the malware before you scan.

Some malware will lock itself into system restore so when you think it's deleted the malware simply reinstalls itself upon reboot. Try disabling system restore and running your scans again. Disabling system restore can even delete the malware before you scan.

Hi saucer. You have given some very good advice and I agree 100%. I think it might help if you would explain how to go about disabling system restore before running scans. I think it is a good idea to get rid of all system restore points that might have the malware embedded in them. Be sure to turn system restore back on after clean up as this is a very good tool when its working right. Live well. {garybear}

Archived