IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

EICAR test...

firedark60

So I tried Iobit 360 with EICAR notepad test. And it failed. Very miserably. I diabled my antivirus for a while and

I created it on to the desktop. Iobit 360 did Nothing.

I executed it. Still nothing.

I right click and scanned it with Iobit 360, comes out clean.

True, this is not actually a virus, and Im not trying to insult anyone, but to fail that small test is a very big deal. Maybe someone should add it into the database becuase it seems embarrassing, wouldn't you agree?

Hi firedark

What were you trying to test?

If you have read a little bit about IObit Security 360 you would know that it isn't an antivirus program, but a spyware/malware program.

There may be a little overlap while the definitions of what is virus/spyware/malware can be a little hazy.

This eicar test - what did it contain (I understand that it was bogus viruses - but were there spyware in it too or other malware?)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research (EICAR)

So I tried Iobit 360 with EICAR notepad test. And it failed. Very miserably. I diabled my antivirus for a while and

I created it on to the desktop. Iobit 360 did Nothing.

I executed it. Still nothing.

I right click and scanned it with Iobit 360, comes out clean.

True, this is not actually a virus, and Im not trying to insult anyone, but to fail that small test is a very big deal. Maybe someone should add it into the database becuase it seems embarrassing, wouldn't you agree?

Archived