IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Nothing happens when clicking links

Davy49

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else is having this same issue or not, but thought I'd mention it. I just updated IO Security 360 to the latest version ( 1.01 ), when I start the software, down @ the bottom of the window there are some links: support, and various other ones that appear on a rotation basis. No matter which one I click on, nothing happens..on the support button it shows two choices: 1. user manual, 2. online support . My default browser is mozilla firefox, I really prefer it over ms internet explorer. does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get those links/buttons to be 'active' ?

Thanks,

David :???:

Hi Davy

They work by me - even though I use the Danish language pack.

Have you tried a completely clean install?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I use the Pro version - perhaps there is a difference

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else is having this same issue or not, but thought I'd mention it. I just updated IO Security 360 to the latest version ( 1.01 ), when I start the software, down @ the bottom of the window there are some links: support, and various other ones that appear on a rotation basis. No matter which one I click on, nothing happens..on the support button it shows two choices: 1. user manual, 2. online support . My default browser is mozilla firefox, I really prefer it over ms internet explorer. does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get those links/buttons to be 'active' ?

Thanks,

David :???:

OK Davy

Was it a clean install - uninstall - delete the folder - install new version?

What version are you using - free or pro?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Thanks for the reply..I just installed the latest version of the software, nothing has changed, the links still aren't 'clickable' .

David :-?

Hi David

Your thanks - does that mean that you have now tried the clean install and this solved the "problem"? :-)

If so I am glad - and you are welcome :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear solbjerg,

No..it wasn't a clean install, I just installed the latest version ( 1.0.1 ) over the previous version, I'm using the free version.

Thanks,

David

Dear solbjerg,

Last night I downloaded and installed the software you suggested elsewhere here in the forums ( revo uninstaller ). It removed virtually every trace of IObit Security 360, I then re-installed the latest software, now the links at the bottom of the page are indeed 'clickable' again. I did receive a notice when I proceeded to re-install the software that the program folder named IObit Security 360 already existed, 'install to that folder anyway' of course I chose yes. At least on the computer that this was occurring on the links now work correctly. On the computer I'm using this morning, the links are clickable, but the web page opens in ms internet explorer, NOT in my default browser ( firefox ). Thanks again for all of your help.

David :smile:

Great David (have a son by that name :-) )

How are your settings in control panel/Internet Options/Programs and standard browser?

Try checking it too by right clicking start choose options and "the menu start" and customize.

Cheers

solbjerg

Dear solbjerg,

Last night I downloaded and installed the software you suggested elsewhere here in the forums ( revo uninstaller ). It removed virtually every trace of IObit Security 360, I then re-installed the latest software, now the links at the bottom of the page are indeed 'clickable' again. I did receive a notice when I proceeded to re-install the software that the program folder named IObit Security 360 already existed, 'install to that folder anyway' of course I chose yes. At least on the computer that this was occurring on the links now work correctly. On the computer I'm using this morning, the links are clickable, but the web page opens in ms internet explorer, NOT in my default browser ( firefox ). Thanks again for all of your help.

David :smile:

Different paths to the same place ?

I was trying to solve the Registry problem:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Classes\http

Name: Default Type: REG_SZ Data: Value not set

After a lot of searching I found that 'Value not set' meant that there was no Default browser set, although FireFox was set by me as the default browser.

This is not the same as when the user sets say FireFox as default browser, this is the absolute default or set by the Admin of a network.

To change this setting it was necessary to go to:

Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults (on the left)

Note: Set Program Access and Defaults may simply appear in your StartMenu but it is not 'ticked' in mine.

If you expand Non Microsoft you will see it has FireFox as your default browser (if you have selected it) but more importantly it has

Remove access: Internet Explorer

I think you could also Remove access in Custom but Non Microsoft has a certain 'appeal' to it :wink:

I don't want to do this (I set mine to IE) but if you are determined to stop using all things IE then this might be the configuration for you.

If you try it, let us know how it goes :-)

By the way, setting IE as my default fixed my Registry problem 8-)

All the best, woz of oz

Archived