IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[2.Bi-Weekly]IS360, MBAM, SAS, CIS, Ad-Aware, SD, Avira and Dr.Web CureIt comparision

ANTI-MALWARE COMPARISION

Comparison test between IObit Security 360, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, SUPERAntSpyware, Comodo Internet Security Free, Ad-aware, Spyware Doctor limited, Avira AntiVir Personal and Dr. Web.

The test contains three parts:

First part: Scanning speed and detection rate

I scanned malware samples [101928] with installed anti-malware program. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Second part: Live malware detection

I tested anti-malware program scanning speed and removal ability in infected Virtual PC. Programs were tested one by one. After testing was completed, Virtual Machine was reverted back to infected snapshot. Live malware were tested using program’s full scanning capabilities. Level of infection on this computer is unknown. Comparison will be based only on how effective software can detect an infection. Results were recorded and videos uploaded to YouTube. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Third part: Malware prevention

I tested anti-malware program prevention ability, scanning speed and if needed removal ability in clean Virtual PC against 10 malicious links. Programs were tested one by one. After testing was completed, Virtual Machine was reverted back to clean snapshot. Malware were tested using program’s prevention and scanning capabilities. Most of the malicious links are riskware (rogue anti-viruses) and Trojans. Results were recorded and videos uploaded to YouTube. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Test Report is PDF document. [DOWNLOAD] [MIRROR]

EDIT:

REPORT UPDATED 7.10.2009

Marek

Hi marek!

Very, very good!!

There is a little unfair competition involved while some of the programs are not antivirus programs, - but this precisely accentuates that an anti-virus application should be running alongside the spyware/malware program.

Thumbs up to you!

Cheers

solbjerg

ANTI-MALWARE COMPARISION

Comparison test between IObit Security 360, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, SUPERAntSpyware Free, Comodo Internet Security Free, Ad-aware Free, Spyware Doctor limited, Avira AntiVir Personal and Dr.Web CureIt!

The test contains two parts:

First part: Scanning speed and detection rate

I scanned malware samples [101928] with installed anti-malware program. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Second part: Live malware detection

I tested anti-malware program scanning speed and removal ability in infected Virtual PC. Programs were tested one by one. After testing was completed, Virtual Machine was reverted back to clean snapshot. Live malware were tested using program’s full scanning capabilities. Level of infection on this computer is unknown. Comparison will be based only on how effective software can detect an infection. Results were recorded and videos uploaded to YouTube. All programs tested were up to date including signature databases.

Test Report is PDF document. DOWNLOAD

Marek

Hi marek!

Very, very good!!

There is a little unfair competition involved while some of the programs are not antivirus programs, - but this precisely accentuates that an anti-virus application should be running alongside the spyware/malware program.

Thumbs up to you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you!

I know that the test is a little bit unfair but, test shows that only antivirus or antispyware software can’t protect users PC, you need both.

IS360 detection in second test (part two) is really good and its new software I was really surprised about that. Real-time protection needs a bit work but IS360 is really good.

I wanted to ask if I can test prevention too, (10 malicious links, real-time detection test and then full scan) IS360 vs. MBAM Pro, SAS Pro and other anti-malware programs or I’m not allowed to use shareware anti-malware software at all?

I would record results and then upload videos to YouTube. (and add results to raport)

Shareware software:

1. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Pro
  2. SUPERAntiSpyware Pro
  3. Dr.Web Anti-Virus
  4. Ad-Aware Plus

Freeware software:

1. IObit Security 360
  2. Spyware Doctor (real-time protection only blocks)
  3. Comodo Internet Security
  4. Avira AntiVir Personal

Thanks

Marek

Hi Marek

In my view it is ok, but perhaps add a note on how it would compare if only spyware/malware was considered. Or show it in the comparison sheet by highlighting that line or something. :-)

It would once again hammer home the need for an antivirus program to run alongside IS360, and that is good in my view, while many still labour under the misconception that IS360 is an antivirus program.

Good work Marek!

Cheers

solbjerg

I wanted to ask if I can test prevention too, (10 malicious links, real-time detection test and then full scan) IS360 vs. MBAM Pro, SAS Pro and other anti-malware programs or I’m not allowed to use shareware anti-malware software at all?

I would record results and then upload videos to YouTube. (and add results to raport)

Shareware software:

1. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Pro
  2. SUPERAntiSpyware Pro
  3. Dr.Web Anti-Virus
  4. Ad-Aware Plus

Freeware software:

1. IObit Security 360
  2. Spyware Doctor (real-time protection only blocks)
  3. Comodo Internet Security
  4. Avira AntiVir Personal

Thanks

Marek

Hi Marek880,

I am curious: was "Passive Defense" active in IS 360 when performing the third part of your test?

samr.

I used anti-malware program default settings. Only thing that I changed was heuristics to high (if tested anti-malware program had that option)

Marek

I tested IS360 (Part three) one more time and this time I turned on „Advanced Protection Against Unknown Threats“ and tested it with the same 10 malicious links and IS360 still failed all 10.

SCREENSHOT

Then I performed Full Scan, IS360 on-demand scanner found 85 threats including 6 malicious exe files (installers) in Temporary Internet Files.

SCREENSHOT

I downloaded same 10 samples to desktop and IS360 real-time protection still didn’t find them. Technically IS360 real-time protection should prevented at least 7 malware samples. (on-demand scanner found 7 threats)

SCREENSHOT

I think IS360 real-time protection is not really working or am I wrong? (Or is this a bug?)

Thanks

Marek

Archived