IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

downloading update strange box

username24

Hi enoskype

Sorry to butt in :-)

But username24, in addition to enoskype would you please also provide some information as to what version you are using!

( I think it sounds like a clean install :-) )

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi username24, please provide us a screenshot if you can create the same again.

As, I can not repeat what I have understood from your post.

Thanks and cheers.

Hi username24,

Not sure what it is, but I am set to update automatic, & I just ran a manual update. There was an update for the "top freeware" in utilities. It is just a link to software informer's site for top freeware. Mine did not open with that box, but I am using IE, not firefox. Here is the update log from history:

------------10/7/2009 9:38:30 PM------------

Update details:

Top Freeware(C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Sup_IFM.exe)

samr.

I use Firefox,and a box like that one does not open when ASC updates.That should be an "internal" update that does not require your browser to be accomplished.I'm going to call that a phishing attempt,or worse,a malware file.I wouldn't download that at all.And the "top freeware" update is nothing more than a link to Gizmo's.

do you think its a pishing scam being directed at many iobit users or is it directed at me and somehow they think I can be tricked through downloading an update in a program thats supposed to keep us secure?

I run iobit 360, ACS, spybot, malwarebytes, and ad-aware and I haven't detected any malware

Archived