IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Test Report Security 360 & Spyboat

Spyboat S&D and IObit Security 360

First of all I would like to appreciate IObit for such a neat and stylish interface they have provided in the application. One good point about Security 360 compared to Spyboat is the interface itself which is very neat and user friendly. Any user with fare knowledge of computer can handle the application easily but to handle Spyboat is little difficult compared to Security 360.

I found Security 360 very impressive in my first use, where it scanned around 57783 objects in a good time of 3 minute 13 seconds and detected around 11 threats. I found the removal process is easy and less time taking compared to Spyboat. At the same time Spyboat scanned for around 60000 signatures and taken a lot more time and detected a half threats compared to Security 360. I found that the detections were almost perfect and accurate. Find the attached file to see the results of Security 360.

Then I tested both for detecting the changes in registry and I found Spyboat much more impressive compared to Security 360. In the test I changed the registry using a third party software and Spyboat detected every changes that I had made and produced one warning message for suspicious action in the registry, at the same Security 360 never detected one.

Then I came to test the signature update process of both the software’s. I found Spyboat moving a little ahead of Security 360 as it has an automatic update feature where in 360 it is available only in the professional version. I think, in these days almost every free antivirus and anti-malware application provides one free automatic updating system IObit should rethink their decision. The other think I noticed about Security 360 is the about the manual updating system. It found to be little confusing for one normal user who is having a little idea about computer systems. I think IObit should consider providing one auto extracting archive as manual update so that the confusion could be avoided. I found Security 360 showing the same message that is the update has not been done for the last 10 days even after the manual update process is over, which is really confusing.

After all these testing I came to test then for some latest threats that I found in many systems that I have analyzed. I found both the software’s given a bad performance in that by not detecting both the malware I have tested. Find the malware files attached herewith.

My testing is going on and I will try to provide more details in the next report.

Archived