IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit 360 appears to have a memory issue

btuner

Hi Donny

My task manager says that the pagefile has 548 MB in use

My smart ram says that the pagefile has 546 MB in use (5188 free out of 5734)

My smart ram also says that it has 861 free physical space (58%) and consequently 610 MB in use of the physical space.

Of the virtual space it uses 35 MB and have 2012 free (86%)

The cpu uses generally about 4% both according to smart ram and to task manager.

What are your settings in Smart RAM?

I do not run it continuously (doesn't start up with Windows - and doesn't automatically free memory when idle), so I do not know how it would look the next day.

The automatically freeing of memory when idle could account for some difference - at startup in the morning it is far from idle!

Actually in my opinion there is no need to free memory if one has an ample supply of it - could even be detrimental to the speed.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm not sure if I understand where you're going with this. But it sounds like you're saying if the PC has enough free unallocated real memory then Smart Ram is not going to release allocated memory that's not being used. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway that's not the case. I've done smart cleans and deep cleans when noticing my real memory has drooped 300 to 400M with IS360 running in real-time and cpu consumption ranging from 0 to 3% and I may gain back at the most 10M. As soon as I exit IS360 that 300 to 400M is back as free memory. Give it a try. RE-boot your pc running SR with all settings checked, and IS360 in real-time with all protection enabled including DOG. Let it run for a day or even 2 and let me know your results.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure if I understand where you're going with this. But it sounds like you're saying if the PC has enough free unallocated real memory then Smart Ram is not going to release allocated memory that's not being used. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway that's not the case. I've done smart cleans and deep cleans when noticing my real memory has drooped 300 to 400M with IS360 running in real-time and cpu consumption ranging from 0 to 3% and I may gain back at the most 10M. As soon as I exit IS360 that 300 to 400M is back as free memory. Give it a try. RE-boot your pc running SR with all settings checked, and IS360 in real-time with all protection enabled including DOG. Let it run for a day or even 2 and let me know your results.

I take it that IS360's problem with eating memory is not a BIG concern to the people of IOBIT, so I must say good bye to IS360 Pro......

Hi DonnyD,

Yes, I have noticed that IS360 uses memory when kept running for long time, but I am waiting for the new IObit Malware Fighter (new security program from IObit to replace IS360) to be released, as it will have a new engine. I expect that the problem will be cured.

Cheers.

Hi DonnyD,

Yes, I have noticed that IS360 uses memory when kept running for long time, but I am waiting for the new IObit Malware Fighter (new security program from IObit to replace IS360) to be released, as it will have a new engine. I expect that the problem will be cured.

Cheers.

Will that be an anti-spyware/malware or anti-virus program? And will I be able to use my current license to transfer over to Malware Fighter or do I need to purchase a new license?

Will that be an anti-spyware/malware or anti-virus program? And will I be able to use my current license to transfer over to Malware Fighter or do I need to purchase a new license?

It will be similar to IS360, so anti-spyware/malware type.

Have a lok at the first images in IObit's NEW security software!!! thread.

I believe, the licences will be transferable, it was always like that in IObit Products. I will be extremely surprised if not.:-o

Cheers.

Archived