IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggested addition to trusted start-ups

promytius

I noticed that some of Avast's anti-virus programs show up as not trusted in the start-up program scan. You may want to consider revisiting this program and bring your data up to date. This is one of the best anti-virus programs around and used by many people.

By the way, this program, AWC V2 pro, is superb!

Promytius

Use IObit - keep your computer fit :smile:

One might wish that IObit would send out an anti-virus program that would top the list.

But there are thousands of antivirus programs out there and the best of them builds on a combination of a list over known viruses and a heuristic scanning. To make that better would mean a new and better approach, otherwise the only thing that makes them better is the form of heuristic scanning they employ and the speed at which they discover new viruses and send send out defense against them or blocking against them.

In 2006 Avast didn't score in the best 10 in heuristic scanning; AVG which also is a Chech company did though! But otherwise it scored fine!

Kapersky and Nod32 were the best in that test.

This is not to say that Avast not is a fine program, - I am sure it is!

But it is difficult and time and man-power consuming to keep abreast of all programs in that field. Therefore is it a good thing that you in AWC have the possibility to add programs to the Ignorelist, where I think Avast definitely belongs.

Greetings from solbjerg

Archived