IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Free Anvir Task Manager

detailer

wozfoz- I see that our static measurements of the amount of RAM that AnVir Task Manager and Comodo uses are quite similar although I am running without an antivirus using just Comodo Firewall Pro, Defense+ HIPS and Sandboxie Browser Virtualization which reduced the RAM usage of cmdagent.exe from 65 MB to a mere 18 MB according to Process Explorer by Sysinternal's Founder Mark Russinovich. This in turn reduced the amount of RAM that my Vista computer boots to the desktop for from 550 MB down to 511 MB of RAM according to Windows Task Manager readings which reduction is many times higher than the individual RAM count is for cmdagent.exe in Windows Task Manager indicates.

Have you ever tried noting the changes in Windows Task Manager overall RAM usage measurement before, during and after running AnVir Task Manager? I just finished doing an experiment on my computer I found that the total RAM usage increased by 20 MB when starting AnVir Task Manager and decreases by the same amount when shutting it down. Which is the same amount of Ram that Process Explorer measures the program as using.

Yes I have Faststone Capture Tool installed on my computer and the freeware Portable version on my Toshiba 16 GB USB flash drive as well because I don't like to travel without it. The lossless compressed 16 bit color images that it renders are simply fantastic and very true to the original.

I also use the Faststone Image Viewer freeware which is capable of reading the high resolution photographs that I have saved in 40+ MB Photoshop PSD files for printing on my Dad's 16 bit per channel printer. It is also my default Image Management Tool which allows me to work on my pictures in full screen format and it contains the Capture Tool as well.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/PNGLogo.png

~Maxx~

• 2 months later...

Alert !

Dear forum members,

Watch out with what you download, I also wanted to try the product 'Anvir' and it also wanted me to download RegisteryCleanerPro. It was already marked for downloading it. So I accepted it and downloaded that to. But then IS 360 popped up with a Alert saying it's a unwanted program. You can see it on the Attachment below.

Maybe Anvir is a clean product, but if a program wants to instal a other program which has malware in it on purpose, I wouldn't use that program either. Very risky I think.

Edit: There is also not a uninstall option available in the start menu. Which I think that every program should have one.

Blacksea.

Much can happen in three months in the software world! Did you choose to download anvir based only on the thread here?

Just wondering?...

Hi Melvin_Deal

yess, I was just looking around in the lounge and saw this threat. I saw good comment so I thought I'd give it a try. Then that came up and I immediatly reported it, because many downloaded it as I can see.

Blacksea

Dear forum members,

Watch out with what you download, I also wanted to try the product 'Anvir' and it also wanted me to download RegisteryCleanerPro. It was already marked for downloading it. So I accepted it and downloaded that to. But then IS 360 popped up with a Alert saying it's a unwanted program. You can see it on the Attachment below.

Maybe Anvir is a clean product, but if a program wants to instal a other program which has malware in it on purpose, I wouldn't use that program either. Very risky I think.

Edit: There is also not a uninstall option available in the start menu. Which I think that every program should have one.

Blacksea.

product 'Anvir' and it also wanted me to download RegisteryCleanerPro.

is this the virus scanner ? you are talking about..

anvir..

if thanks for the warning..i leave it well alone.

itsmejjj

Anvir & Avira & Avast

product 'Anvir' and it also wanted me to download RegisteryCleanerPro.

is this the virus scanner ? you are talking about..

anvir..

if thanks for the warning..i leave it well alone.

itsmejjj

Maybe the names are confusing you, so here are the bare-bones basics :smile:

Anvir is a fancy TaskManager (as in Windows) and does other System tweaking and has quite a good reputation for just that.

I believe it can also search for Virus and stuff but that is not what it has a good reputation for. I have rarely seen that part of it recommended by anyone.

Avira is an anti-virus software and has a very good reputation.

I have recommended Avira to friends.

Avast is another ant-virus software that has a very good reputation.

I have also recommended Avast to friends.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived