IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Macrium REFLECT wi7 ready ?

itsmejjj

In a word...Yes. You must purchase the full edition of Macrium Reflect if you have Win 7.

The same is true with Vista and I paid $40 for a lifetime Macrium Reflect license with free program upgrades and free PE upgrades as well. A few weeks after I made my first Rescue CD the PE was upgraded and I was able to make another upgraded Rescue CD for free.

~Maxx~

ok just so i understand --if you download the trial will it work ?

i understand the rest --i want to make sure first --its no good downloading a other one -i got 5 of them now! and i cant get them to work on 7 --

xp yes its fine-Vista its fine--win 7 -fine bar making the cd boot disk

before i pay any thing i got to know if it works--the 30 day trial ?

before i coff up--

thanks--

???????????????

i understand the rest --i want to make sure first --its no good downloading a other one -i got 5 of them now! and i cant get them to work on 7 --

before i coff up--

thanks--

Hi friend. I can't guarantee that it will work. Macrium is a good out fit and stand behind their program. I really believe they will make it work for you or give you your money back. I wish I could say for sure it will work for you but I can't. Maybe you should wait awhile and see what happens unless you are in a hurry. It would make me very sad if you spent your money on a program that wouldn't work for you. I have seen them work with their members and email them until they have made their program work. Please don't make a decision because of me. I just know they are a good bunch of people and I'm sure they will work with you.{garybear}

making your own repair boot disc is free its similar i think to the boot up floppies of xp & w98 that you made when first installing.

Making a repair boot disc may be free, but we are discussing the Macrium Reflect Win 7 Rescue CD which is made by burning Microsoft's copyrighted Win 7 PE to CD or DVD which Microsoft charges per download for.

~Maxx~

before i coff up--

thanks--

jjj- A Reflect Rescue CD can be made for XP for free using Bart PE, but making a Rescue CD for both Win Vista and Win 7 require a special PE made by Microsoft which is a miniaturization of the original Operating System that must be downloaded from Microsoft on a charge per copy basis. It is for this reason that Macrium Reflect can't afford to download these Preinstalled Environments and pay Microsoft for each copy of the Win Vista PE and Win 7 PE and give them away for free otherwise they would loose too much money.

Macrium Reflect 30 Day Money Back Guarantee:

All purchases from us come with an unconditional guarantee. If you are not satisfied with one of our software products, contact us within 30 days for instructions on obtaining a refund.

~Maxx~

thanks -Win 7 PE yes this is the thing ,where and when --we cant fix a work around--for 7--frustrating--

to you both -a warm thank you!

-well see what happens -tell you or any, one its a very good program-

don't feel sad -i don't give up easy --ehhhh we got it to work near perfect-

like a said -.just my frustration, sometimes i burst out saying ,posting,what i should not--

ok-----

i read something about a version 5 ?

so perhaps you are right-just sit back a few weeks,see what thy will come up with -meanwhile use it as is for now--

till we are all sure--i have back ups( IMAGE) 3, by the program it will repair the OS--!

as in fix crook files -we can even replace them ,from the image! just the blasted cd/thing--ehhhh

thank you again you been very patent as max --has the same -any ways we get it fixed one way or the other---

itsmejjj

thanks -Win 7 PE yes this is the thing ,where and when --we cant fix a work around--for 7--frustrating--

jjj- Maybe your associate who created Min Win 7 in your computer lab could come up with a miniaturized Win 7 that would work in the Preinstall environment. It has to be very small though for example my Win Vista PE is only 133 MB.

~Maxx~

• 2 weeks later...

Macrium Rescue Boot CD For Win 7

To all seekers of knowledge.

I have solved the issue with creating a Macrium "Bootable" Rescue CD and would like to share it with fellow members. If you would like to have a copy of this file, which you can extract and burn to CD, feel free to contact me at the below email address:

alfredburn@hotmail.com

Nice Feature.

Hi friends. Here's a neat feature on my beloved Macrium Reflect. Its called mounting an image in Windows Explorer. I have screen prints until I get to Documents and Settings. After I open Doc and Settings. I open Owner's Documents and then Owner's Pictures. There it is a beautiful rose taken by our forum photographer ,Mr.Maxx. Lets say I deleted it by accident and wanted it back. Well there it is and I can copy and paste it ,send in email ,ect. I can do just about any thing I want but delete it, because its a read only. I love my Macrium Reflect.

garybear- This is a very slick Macruim Reflect maneuver that you have demonstrated for us where you give a stored Backup Image a drive letter which allows you to access information from it just as you would any other mounted drive. Thank you for sharing how this feature works with us!

~Maxx~

Your Welcome!!

garybear- This is a very slick Macruim Reflect maneuver that you have demonstrated for us where you give a stored Backup Image a drive letter which allows you to access information from it just as you would any other mounted drive. Thank you for sharing how this feature works with us!

~Maxx~

Hi maxx. You are welcome and thank you for explaining a little better what I tried to show in my screen prints. PS nice rose I got it from a special friend.

garybear- Its always great to learn how to use more features in Macrium Reflect which has become the cornerstone upon which I have finally been able to confidently venture into radically altering my computer security system in a way that I have now been able to adopt a new configuration that has reduced its RAM usage from 320 MB down to 20 MB along with an exponential increase in the level of security as well!

Thanks again because without your encouragement to use Macrium Reflect I would still be trying to figure out how to implement the plan that I long had to reduce the constant CPU usage and especially the bloated RAM consumption that my old computer security system had by 1,600% and finally get my Vista UltraLight computer to close a 17 hour day at less than 500 MB of RAM usage down from the original 1.5 GB of RAM it used when it was new. Thank you for being part of my project of exploring the true potential of the Vista Operating System.

~Maxx~

garybear- Its always great to learn how to use more features in Macrium Reflect which has become the cornerstone upon which I have finally been able to confidently venture into radically altering my computer security system in a way that I have now been able to adopt a new configuration that has reduced its RAM usage from 320 MB down to 20 MB along with an exponential increase in the level of security as well!

Thanks again because without your encouragement to use Macrium Reflect I would still be trying to figure out how to implement the plan that I long had to reduce the constant CPU usage and especially the bloated RAM consumption that my old computer security system had by 1,600% and finally get my Vista UltraLight computer to close a 17 hour day at less than 500 MB of RAM usage down from the original 1.5 GB of RAM it used when it was new. Thank you for being part of my project of exploring the true potential of the Vista Operating System.

~Maxx~

Hi maxx. I really don't understand just what you did, but I'm glad Macrium helped you achieve your goal. My task manager is different than yours ,but looks ok to me. Do you have any comment or suggestions for me ?? PS I once copied and pasted a entire Image that Macrium created to another drive, but it wouldn't boot after making it my primary drive. Never really tried to find out why. I just wanted to see if I could copy and paste it. I don't know why anyone would want to do that any way,but works well if you just want to copy a few things and not the whole image.Thank you for your comment friend. I'm glad I was a part of your goal.

garybear- What the Macrium Reflect software that you introduced me to did for me was to provide me with the Ultimate Cure that inspired me to have the complete confidence it took to uninstall my Antivirus program that was unnecessarily reaching into the Virtual Space that my browser was using and requesting to quarantine Malware which are dissipated once the browser's Virtual Sandbox is deleted anyway.

Uninstalling the now superfluous which was using about 50 MB of RAM plus its required allotment of CPU for the entire time that the computer is running was the last step for me in reducing my 18 month long quest to tame the Vista Memory Hog by reducing its original boot to desktop RAM usage of 1 GB and daily usage if 1.5 GB down to Vista UltraLite being able to boot to the desktop for 501 MB RAM and end a 17 hour long session at 499 MB of RAM.

Vista's original detractors were right about its flaws, but none of them explored the potential deep within Vista to make it the optimal Operating System that it could be as the performance record of Vista UltraLite shows. Microsoft knew this when they developed Vista into Win 7 which performs much better than the original Vista OS did and with the application of Ultralite technology Win 7 could possibly improve its benchmarks to levels similar to Vista UltraLite through the dedication of an ambitious operator.

Concerning the XP Task Manager performance screen both Win 2000 and Vista show Memory usage specs, but in XP the same part of the screen shows Page File specs. The first time I worked on an XP computer I thought that the RAM usage was extremely high until I realized it was the Page File spec that I was viewing. What I did was to install ASC 3 and use the Smart RAM icon in the system tray to tell how much total RAM was being used by the computer.

~Maxx~

Hi jjj

to you both -a warm thank you!

-well see what happens -tell you or any, one its a very good program-

don't feel sad -i don't give up easy --ehhhh we got it to work near perfect-

like a said -.just my frustration, sometimes i burst out saying ,posting,what i should not--

ok-----

i read something about a version 5 ?

so perhaps you are right-just sit back a few weeks,see what thy will come up with -meanwhile use it as is for now--

till we are all sure--i have back ups( IMAGE) 3, by the program it will repair the OS--!

as in fix crook files -we can even replace them ,from the image! just the blasted cd/thing--ehhhh

thank you again you been very patent as max --has the same -any ways we get it fixed one way or the other---

itsmejjj

Hi jjj. This is not a work around for the rescue disk, but if you want to use Macrium Free without the rescue disk, you can try this. Since you need the rescue disk to restore a image to the working C drive and you don't have the disk, you might try this. Restore the image to your slave drive. If your primary drive dies, just make your slave your primary. If your primary is just corrupted, then you can restore image to that drive when it's in the slave position. That's a lot of work , I know, but is one way to use the free Macrium program. I can't tell you this for sure, but have been told by Macrium that It will not copy viruses to a image. I'm sorry if this is not explained well and you probably already thought about this. It's not as good as having the rescue disk ,but would be a way to use the program for a back up. Since I have XP3, I can use the liniux rescue disk. You can also use the feature, browse a image in Windows Explorer to copy and paste from a Macrium Image. ---gary

• 3 months later...
Hi friends. Here's a neat feature on my beloved Macrium Reflect. Its called mounting an image in Windows Explorer. I have screen prints until I get to Documents and Settings. After I open Doc and Settings. I open Owner's Documents and then Owner's Pictures. There it is a beautiful rose taken by our forum photographer ,Mr.Maxx. Lets say I deleted it by accident and wanted it back. Well there it is and I can copy and paste it ,send in email ,ect. I can do just about any thing I want but delete it, because its a read only. I love my Macrium Reflect.

here is a other sample Gary put up

very nicely done take a look at it it may incite you to use it?

the other thing thy sowed patience .understanding.with careful documentation.

itsmejjj

Archived