IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ad-Aware 2009 8.1.0.0

usefullll

What a great program and such a trustworthy site to download it from!

~Maxx~

Of course :mrgreen: ..maybe not that vast as compared to download.com but

still one of the essential sites for safe downloads of security software/other programs.

P.S : NO sites are 100% safe of spyware/viruses. So Download with caution,or scan before open.

NO sites are 100% safe of spyware/viruses. So Download with caution,or scan before open.

That certainly is some sage advise and exactly the reason I always carry 4 on demand scanners conveniently located in the context menue including IObit IS360 in order to scan whatever programs I choose to allow out of the virtual sandbox that I run my browsers in.

~Maxx~

That certainly is some sage advise and exactly the reason I always carry 4 on demand scanners conveniently located in the context menue including IObit IS360 in order to scan whatever programs I choose to allow out of the virtual sandbox that I run my browsers in.

~Maxx~

Do you know anything regarding this ''oneforyouoneforme.ca/indexFlash.html"

Encountered in on http://www.mangafox.com,the popup in the Blue Background

That site is for viewing manga ,as in Japanese comics. But i scanned it both Malware bytes

and Super anti spyware,never found any infections ,just wondering should i reformat or not?

More Info : http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=39638&page=4

Hi Maxxwire!

How are you today? Good? :?:

Cheers.:-)

Just great, thanks for asking! I finally got to work on a Win 2000 computer and get it all cleaned up and equipped with a top ranked security software all from my Toshiba 16 GB USB flash drive and of course I topped it all off by installing IObit ASC 3 to keep it clean and running right with the amazing Smart RAM program to manage its 1 GB of memory.

~Maxx~

• 2 weeks later...

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2180&d=1256682029Hi, unlimited24,

how can i modify the file context men with custom menu
I have done this in the past, but can't remember exactly how. The attached shot shows how you can add entries to the drop-down contxt menu using Tweak UI. Hope this helps.

What is everyone's opinion on this newest version of Ad-Aware? I stopped using this product a few years back, but have heard that it has been much improved recently.

IMO ,A-squared Free,Super anti spyware and malware bytes are ones of the best freeware for scanning and removal. Ad-Aware does pretty well too,not sure about the detection rates in % though. :neutral: but it's still better than nothing.

I agree with Ted as I use A-Squared, SAS and MBAM as 3 of my on demand scanners to make sure that my computer security system which consists of a Virtualized Browser, Comodo Firewall Pro and Defense + HIPS only with no antivirus to get in the way by attempting to quarantine Malware within the Browser's Virtual Space stays clean and so far not so much as a tracking cookie has been detected as having breached my computer's security defenses.

I also carry the Portable version of A-Squared on my 16 GB Dual Channel USB Flash Drive which I use for scanning while out working on other people's computers.

~Maxx~

In addtion to A-Squared, SAS and MBAM I also use IObit Security 360 as an on demand scanner with its unique Unlock and Delete feature which rides conveniently in the context menu and has come in very handy on many occasions when trying to delete otherwise stubborn files.

~Maxx~

unlimited24- If the AVG Antivirus Plus Firewall and Security 360 are keeping all malware out of your computer then I would say that's pretty decent!

What I did when I started using Sandboxie to virtualize my browsers was to raise the level of prevention to a higher virtual plane in that as soon as the sandbox in which the browser is running is deleted so is everything in the sandbox including any and all malware. I knew that I could safely eliminate my antivirus the day it caught a trojan in the browswe's virtual sandbox and asked permission to quarantine it and since Sandboxie would completely eliminate the trojan when the virtual sandbox was deleted I knew that I could do without the services of the antivirus.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/sandboxie-logo.png

There are several users who currently have only the Comodo Firewall Pro between their virtualized browser and their computer and are experiencing 100% protection. I have chosen to keep the Comodo Defense+ HIPS in place as a steriod enhanced and much more capable replacement for the annoying UAC to oversee all movement on the computer.

Like I said I scan often with several on demand scanners and they haven't found so much as a tracking cookie that has been let into my computer by this virtualized computer security system. It is being said that the next version of Comodo Internet Security which will be v4 will have virtualization capability as well as a Time Machine for the ultimate cure so you might check out when the final version is released in early 2010.

~Maxx~

In addtion to A-Squared, SAS and MBAM I also use IObit Security 360 as an on demand scanner with its unique Unlock and Delete feature which rides conveniently in the context menu and has come in very handy on many occasions when trying to delete otherwise stubborn files.

~Maxx~

Hey Max,have you try Spyware Terminator? :?

usefullll- I haven't tried Spyware Terminator since I already have a HIPS program in place, but it sounds like a very usefull program to have although the general opinion is that the Comodo HIPS is more thorough because it prompts for all non approved programs and not just .exe's as the Spyware Terminator HIPS does.

Spyware Terminator includes:

Fast spyware scanning

100% real-time protection

HIPS protection

Antivirus protection

Multilanguage Support

~Maxx~

yes... my system is pretty damn secure... considering I do download quite alot (which like you all know = to more chances of infection). I did not get infected for a long wile by a brower virus or any of the nasty stuff for hmmm.. literally years just because, I suppose, I try to dodge suspect sites :)

usefullll- I haven't tried Spyware Terminator since I already have a HIPS program in place, but it sounds like a very usefull program to have although the general opinion is that the Comodo HIPS is more thorough because it prompts for all non approved programs and not just .exe's as the Spyware Terminator HIPS does.

Spyware Terminator includes:

Fast spyware scanning

100% real-time protection

HIPS protection

Antivirus protection

Multilanguage Support

~Maxx~

I dislikes ST ,a lot false positives. Just asking any users if the newer versions has been improved or overhauled.

Yeah, I do my frequent scans with 360, as it's scan time is much less.

I agree, IObit 360 does a quick scan. I still scan with A-Squared and the other on demand scanners that I have, but they take much longer and since I am using a virtualized browser which doesn't let anything into the real computer unless I authorize it the weeks and months have gone by without a single detection from any of the scanners.

~Maxx~

Archived