IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

uninstalling Pro version after the expiration date

davehorne

When I try to uninstall ASC3 Pro either using (under Vista) Control Panel \ Programs and Features or the included Uninstall option listed I receive the same message which refers to unins000.msg and the fact that I don't have it.

Of course, the other option is to renew.

I searched in the FAQ using unins000.msg as a key word but came back with nothing.

So, how do I uninstall the Pro version after the expiration date?

Thanks, Dave Horne

Hi Dave

Try reading this thread! http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=3176

You probably use MacAfee.

Cheers

solbjerg

When I try to uninstall ASC3 Pro either using (under Vista) Control Panel \ Programs and Features or the included Uninstall option listed I receive the same message which refers to unins000.msg and the fact that I don't have it.

Of course, the other option is to renew.

I searched in the FAQ using unins000.msg as a key word but came back with nothing.

So, how do I uninstall the Pro version after the expiration date?

Thanks, Dave Horne

solved

Well, I simply reinstalled a new copy of the Pro version and 'ignored' all the prompts that came my way. After that, I could uninstall it using the link provided by Iobit in Start.

I then manually had to delete files in Programs and also went and deleted Iobit under Software in the Registry.

I really wish the guys who write these programs would really delete the program when the user wants it gone.

.... and it would be nice if this were covered in the FAQ. I cannot be the first to come across this.

Thanks .... bye.

Hi Dave

As mentioned the problem stemmed from a false positive from MacAfee that deleted the uninstall file.

It has been described several times in the forum, and is probably not something that the programmers at IObit has any way of preventing, after all it was MacAfee that made a mistake.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, I simply reinstalled a new copy of the Pro version and 'ignored' all the prompts that came my way. After that, I could uninstall it using the link provided by Iobit in Start.

I then manually had to delete files in Programs and also went and deleted Iobit under Software in the Registry.

I really wish the guys who write these programs would really delete the program when the user wants it gone.

.... and it would be nice if this were covered in the FAQ. I cannot be the first to come across this.

Thanks .... bye.

Archived