IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASCPro--or Windows: who's right and who's wrong?

Phrixos

My System maintenance program (Advanced System Care Pro) has found (among others) two programs which it says are questionable:

cmdagent.exe and

wininit.exe

On investigation, I found that cmdagent.exe (when in the proper folder) is part of my Comodo firewall and that wininit.exe is part of the Windows process--but that also, if found in a place other than its proper folder, it can mask the WOLLF.16 trojan.

The thing is, when I do a search for these files to see where they are on my (Vista) system, no files are found.

Now, I have exposed my file extensions and protected operating system files before a full search and still, Windows file search says these files are not on my computer.

Advice?

I use Comodo and on my XP there are 2 cmdagent.exe

I found them using the Everything Search software and double checked through Windows Explorer (WinLogo Key + E)

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\repair

I don't have wininit.exe that I could find. Maybe it is a Vista file

All the best, woz of oz

oz

Hi woz (currently in the big apple?)

I want to thank you for incorporating Usage of IObit Products in you signature.

Cheers

solbjerg

I use Comodo and on my XP there are 2 cmdagent.exe

I found them using the Everything Search software and double checked through Windows Explorer (WinLogo Key + E)

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\repair

I don't have wininit.exe that I could find. Maybe it is a Vista file

All the best, woz of oz

Archived