IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

For Max

detailer

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/ODesktop.png

detailer- Yes I have noticed and thank you for asking! I like Opera's new style 'O' much better because unlike the former version which had a dark shadow leading off to its right side and was not bilaterally symmetrical I am now able to use the new 'O' shortcut icon on my desktop a portion of which is seen in the screen capture shown above.

In addition Opera also has released the new Opera 10.10 Beta which features Opera Unite which can turn any computer into a password protected Web Server! I currently have a collection of almost 5 GB of my pictures and other material selectively available to anyone whom I choose to send the web address and password to by using the Opera Unite.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/opera-unite-screen.png

~Maxx~

Surprise, surprise

Maxxwire, I think wozofoz is also using Opera Unite as wozofoz!!!

Cheers.

Yes, it seems I am but I did not know, I don't even have Opera installed at the moment.

I must have just clicked Yes or Ok or I Agree or something when I was joining the Opera forum to ask a question and this has automatically 'registered' me with Opera Unite.

That's fine though, it looks like a handy service and I am still watching and waiting to make the switch to Opera in the future.

Also, I like to get in early and grab the wozofoz name, saves having to remember (write down) different names and passwords plus it's easy for my friends to track me down.

The downside is that I get emails from them telling me I have far too much spare time on my hands :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz- I am not quite clear how it is that you are using Opera Unite without having not Opera 10 which does not have the Unite feature, but Opera 10.10 Beta installed. Even for someone with Opera 10.10 Beta installed in order for Unite to work the Browser must not only be open, but Opera Unite must be activated.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/OperaUniteOption.png

Although I do have the very latest snapshot Opera 10.10.1833 installed at the moment as can be seen in the above graphic I do not have its Opera Unite feature running although when the need arises I can select the appropriate content from my dedicated Opera Unite drive and send out a user selectable url and password to whoever needs that set of Photos or information or sometimes when I am going to visit a friend I can store content on my Opera Unite server drive and retrieve it directly from my home computer over the internet after I arrive at my destination.

Currently I am using the final release of Opera 10 for daily use, but it is fun to download the latest snapshot of Opera 10.10 Beta each week load it into a virtual sandbox and explore all of the new features. Last week the Opera 10.10.1833 snapshot brought a whole new way of downloading Opera Widgets where they are now downloaded not into the Browser itself as before, but rather downloaded and installed in a user designated subfolder of App Data on the computer itself which makes them readily available to be used on the desktop in addition to their traditional use in the Browser itself.

I'm glad to hear that you are still frequenting the Opera Forums. If you like you can check out the Latest Opera 10.10 Snapshot and take advantage of this cutting edge weekly release of Opera's State of the Art Browser Technology.

~Maxx~

I am sure that I am unsure

Hi Maxxwire,

I joined the Opera forum when I installed and tested Opera 9 but later un-installed it.

I am not using Opera Unite but somehow I have an account there. I logged in and was able to access my profile so it is me.

I can only guess I was, in some way, automatically registered with Opera Unite when I installed Opera 10 to test it.

I don't remember going through a special procedure to join Opera Unite, but maybe I did :-? :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz- As far as user names are concerned when using Opera Unite I can see why they would want to let everyone who registered a unique user name be allowed to automagically get to keep that name for use with Opera Unite. After all there can be only one woz of oz!

~Maxx~

Archived