IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 Yes! It Is Out!

jelrikj

Vista vs 7 Performance

This PC Mag article shows their findings in the test they performed.As I mentioned,my tweaked XP is just as fast-so we need to compare apples to apples.Once again,regarding the hard drive space required for the new OS,have a look here and you will see (click on individual versions and then specs. on the right) that no matter which version you choose,the allotted space is the same.I would have thought that the Ultimate version was the "big one" and lesser featured versions would be more compact,but that's simply not the case.So forget your Betas or RC's or what ever you were testing,the OS is that large in it's full original form.Granted,in control panel,I'm looking at items I've never heard of before,which surely account for a good deal of this bulk.In time I'm sure this OS can be made leaner and meaner as well.

here i hope is a better shot--sorry aim am new at this --

you should see this better? just under 8 gig ----with out the apps 6.9 gig

plain installed---

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2153&stc=1&d=1256314139

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2153&stc=1&d=1256314139

best i can do need more practice--any how this is my av-- OS installed with apps added -now on the main pc of coarse 300gig--

my surfer pc its got more apps yet still just under 40 gig ---plus ms added extras all updated --all are different but the raw install is my point--

so i don't know what happening to you-something is wrong?

perhaps virus? bolting you files -or a directory called win old ? who knows --

itsmejjj

detailer- There seems to be a trend in Operating System builds that extends across different platforms. Last year my Dad bought a Mac Pro Tower with dual quad core Intel processing, 6 GB of RAM installed and the new OS X Leopard 10.5 64 bit Operating System. When a neighbor of his who had been running Mac for over a decade dropped by to check out what was then the latest and greatest top of the line Mac personal computer he was shocked that it was as slow as molasses compared to his leaner, meaner, older and much simpler Mac computer.

~Maxx~

(Mac computer.) did you know you can run it on a pc'

the OS X Leopard 10.

its been reported that its so-any member got it running on your one?

i was thinking on giving it a try--and if it can . http://laughingsquid.com/installing-leopard-on-a-pc-in-three-easy-steps/

Within 24 hours of the release of Mac OS X Leopard, dailyApps has posted a tutorial on how to install Leopard on a PC (aka HackinTosh) in three easy steps using a patched DVD image based on information posted to the OSx86 Scene

itsmejjj

jjj- Although Mac Snow Leopard was just released last month I don't think that you will like it much on your PC in that the extensive security features in Mac don't allow even the simplest of changes to the system that we take for granted in PC and we all know how love to experiment!

~Maxx~

ok thank you

for that i was a little apprehensive to even try ,but this is good warning for me -i will think hard on this first--if i cant do with it as the win products ,i would lose interest fast--any how its kind for you to tell me--but probably give it a shot any how! just to know i can ...

itsmejjj

jjj- As I see it there are 2 extremes in computing...

- One extreme is the Mac X OS which will only run pre approved 'carmelized' Windows programs which will not allow any user selectable modifications of the programs at any time.

- At the other extreme is jjj who will perform any and all modifications to any and all Windows programs and run them with complete confidence just to find out what happens!

~Maxx~

jjj- As I see it there are 2 extremes in computing...

- One extreme is the Mac X OS which will only run pre approved 'carmelized' Windows programs which will not allow any user selectable modifications of the programs at any time.

- At the other extreme is jjj who will perform any and all modifications to any and all Windows programs and run them with complete confidence just to find out what happens!

~Maxx~

now that answer i like and your dead right--we Do --and let me tell -sometimes

well a reformat is needed! and a brand new install !

now MS was kind to verify and check our copy installed win7--as legal product--giving the stamp of genuine!

we have 12 mouths,OK---we found out ---there pre OS--runs out

next year---just of curiosity we forward the year 2011 ,rebooted and yes

surely its true, -pop up showed itself -stated please update, your time has run out-you have 30 days left---never mind we were thinking--still very nice of them-its free till then---ok reset the clock back 2008 -and bingo we are legal -and fully genuine -ehhhh

you have to admit Sometimes thy are kind--and other time one wonders--

gives one plenty time-to really think if its worth the cost of a update?

and coff up

itsmejjj

Archived