IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

[4.Bi-Weekly]Comparison between IS360, AVG, Avira, Avast and ASP

Hi solbjerg

The discussion here is revolving around the "Advanced System Protector"......seems to be a nice antispyware in the arena. Feels like have to give it a try. Will definately let you all know if I come across any new findings.

Hi joshua

Yes, it was precisely the fine score it had in the test, that made me try it.

Gave me too many false positive though, so I uninstalled it again.

Cheers

solbjerg

The discussion here is revolving around the "Advanced System Protector"......seems to be a nice antispyware in the arena. Feels like have to give it a try. Will definately let you all know if I come across any new findings.

it did not do good at all

Hi:

Here is the link to a review of advance system protector detection and it failed big-time. This was done one day ago. See the result here:

I wonder how did your test result achieved such a great detection when in this video it fails to clean up the infections.

Hi taleblou

Have checked the reviews of other security tools by the same guy out there?

Can it be possible that all other tools, may it be IS 360, Iolo Antivirus, Ad-aware, Avira etc, detects only few of the malware infections and many are left behind, and finally Malwarebytes Anti-malware scan and cleans the remaining detections. Don’t you find it fishy?

Talking about infections, I am working on another report and will soon post it in this thread. This time I have taken anti-malwares and not anti-viruses.

You can find yourself on the working of these anti-malwares in this report.

Cheers

Sanjeev M

Hi:

Here is the link to a review of advance system protector detection and it failed big-time. This was done one day ago. See the result here:

I wonder how did your test result achieved such a great detection when in this video it fails to clean up the infections.

nope

Hi:

I know the guy and he is a respected mod from a antimalware site that I am a member of. Anyway the malwarebyte is only used to see if any malware is left and it does not mean it cleans all of them. Infact there is a video by him on norton internet security 2010 test which a few malwares scape norton and when it is scanned with malwarebyte nothing is detected and he then does super antispyware and it does not show any infection and then by checking the taskmanager he shows malwares are present. So you see malwarebyte is not 100% detect and remove but he and a few testers I know use it to see how good anti-malware softwares are at detecting and removing infactions. Malwarebyte is always the first software used by major pc geeks and repair guys to clean infections along with super antispyware and then a few others.

Do check his test of norton internet security 2010 and see for yourself.

Hi taleblou

As you can see on all the test made in this forum, you can see that IOBIT and ASP has a better detection rate than malwarebytes.

In the test of these testers mamb did always lose when it was about the detection rate.

ha14, ctjhawk, syaopang, Marek880(2 times), F47AL1TY, kobe, benolapo, andy18699, Tyler, Downer, rado_markov. All the test included mamb and 360 and sometims ASP. I didn't see in 1 test that mamb did win. So it's weird to see in the youtube clip that mamb finds more than the most of the other anti-malwarebytes. ?

cheers.

blacksea

Hi! Solbjerg

Could not login as busy......the discussion here now is turned towards ASP & MBAM........where is IObit??

As you said about false positives.....along with ASP & IObit comparison,I am also constructing a machine with loads of imp and genuine softwares installed on it.....so can check on false positives........will update soon.

cheers

joshua

Hi joshua

Looking forward to it!

A test that shows how many false positives that are found by the individual programs, will over time show how conciencious the different programs are, which will be a help to decide which to choose and which to avoid, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Could not login as busy......the discussion here now is turned towards ASP & MBAM........where is IObit??

As you said about false positives.....along with ASP & IObit comparison,I am also constructing a machine with loads of imp and genuine softwares installed on it.....so can check on false positives........will update soon.

cheers

joshua

Hi solbjerg

I am up with my new report on comparison with anti-malware.

I have edited the post and updated with the new report.

To taleblou:

Hi,

Well, I have checked all the review by him on security tools.

All I can say is why not the other security programs were able to detect most of the infections.

Cheers

Sanjeev M

Hi:

I know the guy and he is a respected mod from a antimalware site that I am a member of. Anyway the malwarebyte is only used to see if any malware is left and it does not mean it cleans all of them. Infact there is a video by him on norton internet security 2010 test which a few malwares scape norton and when it is scanned with malwarebyte nothing is detected and he then does super antispyware and it does not show any infection and then by checking the taskmanager he shows malwares are present. So you see malwarebyte is not 100% detect and remove but he and a few testers I know use it to see how good anti-malware softwares are at detecting and removing infactions. Malwarebyte is always the first software used by major pc geeks and repair guys to clean infections along with super antispyware and then a few others.

Do check his test of norton internet security 2010 and see for yourself.

Great sansurface

I'll take a look presently

You are doing a great job!

p.s. Have now taken a look, - It still looks as if you focus too much on virus detection, which isn't a fair comparison to spyware/malware detection. Have you tried with a malware packet that focuses on these threats?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

I am up with my new report on comparison with anti-malware.

I have edited the post and updated with the new report.

To taleblou:

Hi,

Well, I have checked all the review by him on security tools.

All I can say is why not the other security programs were able to detect most of the infections.

Cheers

Sanjeev M

Hi solbjerg

I think you have accessed my earlier report. The catch is:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozqan3dkjyx/New_Anti-Malware_Test.pdf

My set of samples includes Trojans, Malware, Adware etc and not viruses.

Cheers

Sanjeev M

Great sansurface

I'll take a look presently

You are doing a great job!

p.s. Have now taken a look, - It still looks as if you focus too much on virus detection, which isn't a fair comparison to spyware/malware detection. Have you tried with a malware packet that focuses on these threats?

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok sansurface

Perhaps I did, sorry.(Alt+9877 - Unicode Symbols)

P.s. But I still have trouble understanding why IS360 scores so low in your test - I have run

IS360 several times during the last few months and sometimes afterwards Ad-Aware, but Ad-Aware never finds anything if run after IS360?

How to explain that conundrum?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg

I think you have got wrong report. The catch is:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ozqan3dkjyx/New_Anti-Malware_Test.pdf

My set of samples includes Trojans, Malware, Adware etc and not viruses.

Cheers

Sanjeev M

same test samples

Hi solbjerg

The test samples are same that I used in my last report.

The switch is of anti-malware programs from anti-virus and so the stats have changed.

Even though, IS360 fared well in the latest report compared to its lesser detection in the earlier

cheers

Sanjeev M

Ok sansurface

Perhaps I did, sorry.(Alt+9877 - Unicode Symbols)

P.s. But I still have trouble understanding why IS360 scores so low in your test - I have run

IS360 several times during the last few months and sometimes afterwards Ad-Aware, but Ad-Aware never finds anything if run after IS360?

How to explain that conundrum?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi skyuforever

See that I tested on a set of samples on various anti-malwares and posted the report. In no way have I tested ASP or the other products for false positives. But, this is also a fact that no product is free from false positives, the matter of question is its intensity.

This doesn’t mean I’m advocating ASP – I’m in no way associated with ASP or the company. I’m a simple user.

I too came to know of the product on the forum itself and gave it a try, after it scored good in some of the earlier tests.

Cheers

Sanjeev M

Advanced System Protector...about you say such beautiful things...see my BsPlayer as Trojan start page.b? come on...

Archived