IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ESET Detects IObitUpdate.exe as virus?

Recently upgraded to windows 7 and ran a scan with ESET smart security.

Detected this: http://i37.tinypic.com/2zzspyq.jpg

I've been using ESET with Iobit security 360 for a long time and never has it done this? i will be posting this here and on ESET forums.

I have gotten a premium license with this.

What are your thoughts on this? false detection readings from ESET is what i'm thinking.

Hi Warren Clyde,

Did you uploaded your specific IObitUpdate.exe files to VirusTotal ?

Please post here the links to their analysis reports.

Most probably it is false positive from ESET.

Specially the one for ASC have been there for quite a long time now without a positive from non of the AVs.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi justforme

A good question - hard to answer

VirusTotal must have access to each company's scanning engine and their malware data base.

Each firm has their more or less unique scanning engine written by some genius they have employed, in addition they have a list of malware that they use for detection, - items in this list is found everywhere and added to their malware list usually under a different name.

Which items in the malware list they use depend upon the parameters written into their scanning engine.

Several if not all use heuristic scanning, (this means that if some part of the code in the file resembles a known malware it will automatically be flagged as a possible threat.)

This is most often the reason for false positives.

In your case VirusTotal says that all (or a fair number of malware/virus companies does not/or do see it as a virus). So you can be assured that (in your case none sees it as a malware/virus file) that it is fairly safe, but you cannot be absolute sure.

VirusTotal has a warning to that effect!

Everytime it is your own decision (tough luck :-) )

Cheers

solbjerg

Why are the files changing like this ...

• 3 weeks later...

IObitUpdate exe

Hi,

My virus scanner warned me about ndroid.exe - it says there is Generic.dx in it. I dont think it is - but whats the problem?

Regards,

Georg

p.s. looks more and more like professional spamming - next time you will be banned

Archived