IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Don’t know -will work with Windows 7?

itsmejjj

Don’t know if your software (or hardware) will work with Windows 7? Find out from the Windows 7 Compatibility Center or use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisory. ---------Comments ------from a site that was posted---

its all like sending bull in a paddock of concrete -to graze! --don't let this stop you!! sure, take a look and prove them wrong your self!

OK let me TELL YOU this --

if you have any PC---with 1 gig of memory at least a Pentium 4 --yes

you are reading right---10 gig hard drive--let me tell ya--it works -the full installed 32 bit biuld---<<<<< 32Bit biuld----IT will run as good as XP ,a little slower.by 10% but runs fine--and from there up -faster depending on hard ware and Mother board--you may need sound drivers and the Disk that came with it!, i say may-

-if you have a older DUO type YOU laughing ,say 1.33Mz we needed sound drivers and the disk to add to the os--not with a 1.85 MHz, went smooth--

not a problem -you need no other drivers--and pretty quick and pacey

so ,how i know this -we installed it on a Pentium 4x 1 gig mem x 5 gig hard drive!!! 500 meg to spare when done--shove in a 40 gig its a other story--you can do a bit more --

and it went fine--

no harm in trying! you be amazed ! what it will run on !

look use co min scene here --do not expect a miracle--point is

i can run a few apps --or brows the net--i mean Hy 500meg spare ???

you know ,what would one want--

even from a 8 gig cd drive! sure slow loading -but then it runs OK---

flash drives -the same --

do not let this stop you this compatibility business -my thinking try it--

i have had the OS com plane it may not install! COMPUTABLE--bull, make it

install -it work or fails --99% of the time it work fine---we have yet to come across a unit where it failed--now please understand i am talking DESK TO systems---not lap tops--

itsmejjj

well sunny i can tell you if i turn on all the systems at the one time thy vary at

about 4 seconds -from the slowest to the faster systems

the slowest as in pent 4 non duo-to duos 133's are near no different-about 1/and a half seconds --i am talking no tweaking-or boosters--now ADVANCE system CARE (IOBIT)added -yes you are reading this right speedily sent them up a near 50%faster--! and the older by 30 % faster! tested with xp not MUCH difference--by adding the app-AVC -care! FREE--

playing around with the systems with the OS installed , well yes compared to a new one one must realize its slower-yet browsing the net very nice thank you-loading and flipping about--reasonable quick ---now p[programs ,its slower -but ok -if this is not a real worry--downloading its no difference-than the fastest pc--on the market--we use a PURE ADSL MODEMS and not a worry-

if one is thinking of running large gigabyte programs i would advice against it --keep the under 20meg types not a worry--

ok if readers have a old system and not using it -hey plug it on -and have a go! got nothing to loose and give you a bit of fun -make a bit of room,-sit them side by side

monkey about with them on --ehhhhh ya have a ball--

itsmejjj

the old systems--fooling around----

now as for memory we had a hard look at the systems it seems the best is at a min of 2 gig memory for the old systems-drive size 8+ gig -1 meg its gets a little wobbly --

its struggles -we use a screen saver called aquarium--real life 1.8 version

this uses a bit--now without any tweaks its jerky--added add Vance system care )iobit) FREE -yep i would say almost 100% smooth-- we are talking downloading a file as well--and seems to handle fine--now on a 2 gig ya cant tell at all its just as good as if on your modern PC-screen saver---yet the same senora

on xp its wobbly on 1 gig.mem -and not that much better if using 2 gig--mem

now shove in 4 gig it fly's! ok use the same with win 7 seems about the same--!

1-2-or 4 --gig mem -no faster that one notice, bar smoother-- (using3 gig mem with 4 installed--interesting--.now speed test is a other story --be leave this, XP is faster--on the same scenario--as above--

now as we move up to the faster systems we see a change--win7 starts to preform better-till it beats Xp but that's not what we are talking about--

so speed or proving performance is not the issue-we just talking running-on a old pc--and working fine-- plus its not a Monster of a OS -really -install fully just 4.7 gig --on the drive--not to bad-pre builds OS win 7 --we will know when we try our new OS next day or so --just for fun install it ,-jonn found a old PC Pentium 4 -80 gig hard drive- 14" screen -- --- in the back room of the store room rung me if i wanted it -added he will put in a few parts -bring it over--ehhhh after i have finish give it to a young school child--we do this a lot--any how there ya go-

READERS---

-my whole point of the tread is this do not worry about compatibility -sites --or MS telling you you cant--or people saying you cant--ya can ...try it

if it fails -and i would wonder WHY? So What--ya cave it a go---if i can whats stopping you! one could find one in the paper .probably $50 bucks or less -grab it -or ask your dealer he may have one sitting around-a good cheep old system ? ----have some fun---

ok hope enjoyed this bit of chit chat ---and you may even try it

itsmejjj

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2173&stc=1&d=1256570826

OK here you can see the latest installed on 1 gig of memory

let me tell u it really is fast even on this old girl now the full installed size on drive 6.9 gig!!! no tweaks just the defaulted, OS running-

i was summarized at its speed and ease---and the added apps caps programs

thy were rather quick--on the same system there are 3 version of the OS

this if the best ! a bit larger -perhaps that's why it is -thy relay went all out -

compare it to xp-vista-i will say some what better--vista probably near the same speed? may be --xp lags behind! on this system ----!!!!

i do hope this is informative--

itsmej

http://forums.iobit.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

OK where you think this is at? just copy pasted on my other unit---

you pm me that i live in London some ware----OK sorry you are dead wrong

my pc caps you are almost right -but its not sent uploaded by it--just captured the shot -transferred to this old net PC and uploaded

now the time on this pc is Canadian time zone-and the year 2008

but live no ware near there ether---

ok my Friend --tell me--where you think i am from?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2177&stc=1&d=1256659019

Thank you for the kind reply -that's made it worth my time--

let Me say to all that read this post --its been a long time that a OS has excited Me--i probably been ,very lucky in that i have used it 6mounts be fore its release ,from Beta on wards--but No Mater what silly knockers have to Say -this is your next step to pcing, Xp will die-off--Whoooo some are thinking--

yep no matter whats said it will cark it ,be it a very Slow death!--took a while for 98 --and some desperately will not let go--and hang on --to it--as with XP-- there will Be the ones who cant see Past it--no Matter whats said--

here is a point try running VISTA on my above scenario's .see where you get--

ehhh-go ahead --ya will not Put up with it Very long---here is a other point

i have only had 1 lock up--with win 7 -but that was a beta build--(i mean NOT testing) just normal use-- i understand reader are weary of it -thy been lucked up by the" vista experience"---and do not want to coff up for a other Dud--

but let me reashure you the reader -this is a inhalant XP if i may use a liking-

but far superber working OS--and bet my frogs teeth it going to get better !

my advice get a copy -do not miss out--last word i am no fan of Billy the kid

but -wavering this -yes go get it--if you can ULTIMATE nothing less--

don't bother with the others --your wasting your $$$$ ---

itsmejjj --fan of WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 2009!!!

so installing -sl[splitt the drive in to 3 parts -

1 c> 20%

2 d> 20%

3 e: whats left--

stop WIN FROM MAKING A 100MG PARTITION ----

c> ruffly 50 gig --plenty that is all you need for the win7 OS--

2 d> ruffly 20 to 50 gig -why ? the OS will not make a reserve portion of 100 mg--for itself..

what ya think of that---hay---it will use D:/

advice leave the d> at least half empty-----

3 all of whats left --why -this is where the OS will place the back up image

and you add what ever store --and even install to --now you do not need a out side drive (USB)

so AGAIN

1 c> 20%--OR 30%

2 d> 20% PLENTY--

3 e: whats left--

at install- THE TRICK DO NOT FORMAT THE LAST DISK JUST FORMAT C:D:

AFTER ALL IS RUNNING--YOU SEE ONLY 2 DRIVES-when done ---OK PUT IN THE INSTALL CD

BOOT

1 LETS PRETEND WE ARE INSTALLING TO YOUR E: A OTHER COPY OF THE OS--NOW WHEN YOU SEE YOUR DRIVE E:--HIT ADVANCE-YEAH, AND FORMAT THE DRIVE--OK--THEN QUIT ! --ASKS YOU OK,terminate the install... SAY YES REBOOT ,REMOVE THE CD

GUESS WHAT, YOU WILL SEE--C-D-H DRIVES-- H IS YOUR E DRIVE NOW . DO NOT CHANGE THIS---OR RENAME IT--

now what is the most Incorporated thing here ?

yes -speed up the processes -without the straining the system---

OK when you have a new install whats the first stupid thing ,we all fall into?

UPDATE---wrong--very wrong -whats the hurry--

here is what i do---

the very first thing--BACK your system --to a image file-and make a boot disk

next step--IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE SKIP THIS--I HAVE 2--

1 -set up your favorite fire wall--

2 -now for us who know --ioBitt 360--and i strongly recommend

3- ASC free-- same here!!!

now we run the scans and tuning----here you if you need or want the info --please read the relevant threads --in the forum --

you can if desired register the products---get the full enhanced benefits--

i also recommend -strongly!

when all this is completed --there will and should be no problems--

if there is -OK reinstall the whole OS , start again fresh--yes you are reading correct--

i can say with sensitiveness . you will not have to--i just done this 3 times--

redoing my systems with the public release--as above--

4 -okie dokie, now go ahead and update--all you want--after a ather back up --

itsmejjj

- i understand reader are weary of it -thy been lucked up by the" vista experience"---and do not want to coff up for a other Dud--

jjj- I realize that originally Vista got a bad name from XP users who tried to install it on their computers which usually had a single core processor with 512 MB of RAM and XP Drivers on board and as a result their computers simply couldn't handle the Vista OS which has a 100 thread kernel and is twice the size of the XP kernel that their computer was built for.

You may not realize that there are millions of us Vista users who have had nothing but a great experience running the OS on machines that were built to run Vista and this shouldn't come as a shock to you because as you know after the failure of the Min Win OS experiment Microsoft developed Win 7 by starting with the Vista kernel so if you say bad things about Vista it reflects poorly on the next generation of Vista which is Win 7.

The advantage that savvy Vista operators have is that over the last 3 years they have made the same improvements that MS did when developing Win 7 only to a more radical degree that MS could never release to the general public. For example I can now boot Vista fully loaded with start several essential start up programs, a 262 MB System Cache, Firewall Pro and HIPS Security System with UAC Disabled for 501 MB RAM at the desktop which is 150 MB lower than I've ever seen this done with Win 7 because I learned how to cut deeper than MS is allowed to for a public release.

I will say this though that Win 7 out of the box is much better than Vista was for me because it used to boot up for 1 GB of RAM when I first got it so I had a great incentive to learn how to cut that in 1/2! In general the early complaints about Vista were made by people who didn't bother to work with with the new Operating System. Those ardent XP fans also hated the 'fancy Aero graphics' that you like so much in Win 7 so go figure!

The bottom line here is that Vista and Win 7 have many many more commonalities than they have differences which is why I am looking forward to sharing my very positive "Vista Experience" including how I was able to get a measurable 40% more speed out of Vista to where it is now faster than all versions of XP in Passmark Performance Tests with new Win 7 owners so that they can get the most out of their "Windows 7 Experience" and I am confident that this can be done because the 2 Operating Systems are so similar.

I am hoping that we can all work together and make the release and follow up of Microsoft's latest and greatest Win 7 Operating System the best ever!

~Maxx~

get no argument from me ---ehhhhh i don't want to travel that road again --thanks--we simply discussing old pc installs -and wi7 --and have a bit of fun with them--if i tutti, a nerve with the Vista Fans -well ? not my intention --i still say its a dog and cat OS-

i understand reader are weary of it -thy been lucked up by the" vista experience"---and do not want to coff up for a other Dud.

jjj- So you are still calling Vista which is the father of Win 7 a Dud even when the 2 operating systems are at least 90% identical? This makes absolutely no sense to me possibly because I have no idea what a 'a dog and cat OS' is??

I enjoy reading your posts about Win 7 because I may someday get a Desktop with Win 7 on it, but since you have so very little experience with Vista compared to those of us who have spent years perfecting it you might consider leaving your very vaguely supported negative assumptions about Vista out of your posts about Win 7 that way you could completely avoid long term Vista users challenging you concerning a subject that they are intimately familiar with.

~Maxx~

get no argument from me -not taking the bait ,Max ,we have traveled this road already -lets keep the tread as is -having fun with old PC ,systems-i do not want a long draw out battle with words---

-and not waver away -You already KNOW I do not like VISTA-that's ---

it -please do not slope the thread -its being spoiled- can you rid them?

and shift them to to relevant threads

thank you

"here is a point try running VISTA on my above scenario's ".see where you get--

ehhh-go ahead --ya will not Put up with it Very long---here is a other point

i have only had 1 lock up--with win 7 -but that was a beta build--(i mean NOT testing) just normal use-- i understand reader are weary of it -thy been lucked up by the" vista experience"---and do not want to coff up for a other Dud--

i did not say on modern pc's don't take it personally--i was not slinging AT YOU--- your vista---or hinting at you-gezz take it easy -let me post my thinking -if you find something that for a reason you find offensives why not pm me instead --not in public--where we can talk it over--?

itsmejjj

here is something -has any one have the heading my pc ,click

system property--look at the top SERVICE PACK 1 in the pop up info---

any one have this?? total installed with 474 meg of apps-total on disk with updates--7.322,038,272 bytes-

i dont know must of done it self--?

itsmejjj

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2173&stc=1&d=1256570826

OK here you can see the latest installed on 1 gig of memory

let me tell u it really is fast even on this old girl now the full installed size on drive 6.9 gig!!! no tweaks just the defaulted, OS running-

i was summarized at its speed and ease---and the added apps caps programs

thy were rather quick--on the same system there are 3 version of the OS

this if the best ! a bit larger -perhaps that's why it is -thy relay went all out -

compare it to xp-vista-i will say some what better--vista probably near the same speed? may be --xp lags behind! on this system ----!!!!

i do hope this is informative--

itsmej

http://forums.iobit.com/images/attach/jpg.gif

OK where you think this is at? just copy pasted on my other unit---

you pm me that i live in London some ware----OK sorry you are dead wrong

my pc caps you are almost right -but its not sent uploaded by it--just captured the shot -transferred to this old net PC and uploaded

now the time on this pc is Canadian time zone-and the year 2008

but live no ware near there ether---

ok my Friend --tell me--where you think i am from?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2177&stc=1&d=1256659019

right ok tell me-- if you get any where naer the place you think say 1000 miles i will and promise you and tell you in the posting (pm)

Archived