IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Determine Your Risk by NORTON

demitris

hi all

Symantec co. give you an on-line tool to asses your risk when surfing the INTERNET and what is the price a hacker could sell your phished data.

I performed the test and i guesed my data cost $0.00 but Norton argued they cost $50 and then it guided me in a page advertising Norton 2010 Anti-Virus, I wonder whether this is a joke.

I give the page for anyone who wants to take the test:

http://technofriends.in/2009/09/13/norton-online-risk-calculator-calculates-your-datas-value-to-thieves/

cheers

demitris- This method of testing, showing exaggerated results and then offering the purchase of their software as a cure sounds exactly like the method that Rogue Antivirus programs use to lure customers in with.

From the website..."The tool determines your online risk by asking you survey questions which range from your gender, age group, online banking account, credit card, online brokerage, email accounts, social networks and your medical history. It also asks if you use a security software or not and how cautious you are while browsing the web."

~Maxx~

I think Maxxwire

I think Maxxwire is right at the least it is method that Rogue Antivirus programs use to lure customers, One would think Symante is Desprate to sell their Norton 2010 Anti-Virus ...At the worst they want almost total information Why not just send them your passport, birthcert, Ids, any the keys to your house? ? showing exaggerated results would not be a new trick for Symantec co... This form of invasive in formation gathering is as old as the net,,, It says Symantec isn’t trying to scare consumers with the Norton Online Risk Calculator, but to raise awareness of the risks, Yea Sure and here Buy our stuff,,,, carrot and stick or as i say ( carrot and sick )

• 6 months later...

Norton Risk

Hi All,

Norton 2010 Risk assessment is a minimally invasive, while there are other

more malicious programs that will download their program and tell you,

You have Spyware, Trojans on your pc, and the only way to get rid of them

is to buy their program, You may have encountered this on

Facebook Myspace other Social networks

The online risk is very Real, if you have access to online financial institutes, banking and credit cards etc.,

so do hackers, But if your like Most of us, that have a good Antivirus, Firewall, and Spyware running on your PC,

set your Internet browser to delete temporary files when closing, and Do not save Encrypted files to disk ( ie explorer)

Archived