IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Another for Max

detailer

About Lexar Image Rescue 3

Lexar Image Rescue 3 allows users to recover lost or deleted photo, video, and audio files, regardless of flash memory card format, manufacturer, or mass storage compliant reader. Designed for both professionals and consumers alike, Lexar Image Rescue 3 boasts a redesigned, step-by-step interface that walks the user through the intuitive image recovery process, delivers extensive recovery capabilities.

detailer- Thank you very much for introducing me to this Image Recovery program in that from time to time I have accidentally deleted a picture, but fortunately I learned early on to never store the images on my computer's hard drive but rather to download them directly to an attached drive from my card reader and then immediately make additional backups on each of 2 other attached drives which is a procedure that I have learned to follow each time I download pictures off of my camera's 8 GB Pro Duo Memory Card.

I do appreciate the suggestions that you have been bringing my attention because they concern applications that I had never heard of before and I find your input fresh and inspiring! Please keep them coming...

~Maxx~

• 2 weeks later...

Heard of this one??

Hi Maxx,

Came across this the other day, rawtherapee.com. Have downloaded and have taken a look at. Seems like it might come in handy considering the cost of Adobe Lightroom. My Olympus SP-350 will shoot raw, so now I have something new to play with. You will have to get documentation from the website, as program opens with no help, etc.

A.T

atailor- Raw Therapee freeware looks like a great program and thanks for the suggestion and I am keeping it bookmarked. Although the program will render images in the lossless png format like I have been posting on my Hi Rez Pictures Thread I am now preparing for Gallery Showing and I need my masters in 40+ MB per image Photoshop PSD format to make 16 bit per channel prints that look even better than when they are displayed on a 2500 X 1600 resolution Apple Cinema 30 monitor.

Raw Therapee Output options:

Supported file formats:

JPEG (8 bit), PNG (8 or 16 bit), TIFF (8 or 16 bit)

~Maxx~

Give this a try.

EDIT: danburrito, please give a brief description of the linked program.

PhotoRec is file data recovery software designed to recover lost files including video, documents and archives from Hard Disks and CDRom and lost pictures (thus, its 'Photo Recovery' name) from digital camera memory. PhotoRec ignores the filesystem and goes after the underlying data, so it will still work even if your media's filesystem has been severely damaged or re-formatted.

danburrito- Thanks for the link to the PhotoRec program. I currently have my set of nearly 100 GB of pictures backed up on each of 3 separate external hard disc drives, but should I ever loose the last copy of any of the pictures its good to know that there is a program that I can retrieve them with.

~Maxx~

Archived