IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Registry Cleaner Beta 1.05: How safe?

ektorbarajas

HI there.

I'm a user of AWC Pro, and have done all the registry cleaning and now AWC reports no invalid entries or errors with my registry.

But when I run the IObit Registry Cleaner Beta 1.05, it founds more errors, I'm concerned about the following entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Database

"LocalDbPath"="C:\\Archivos de programa\\Nero\\Nero 7\\Core\\NeroDb"

"UserDbPath"="C:\\Archivos de programa\\Nero\\Nero 7\\Core\\UsrDb"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\vsfilter\DefTextPathes

"Path1"="c:\\subtitles"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

"Local Page"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\blank.htm"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\CCM\\SMSCliUI.exe"="SMS Remote Client UI Local Server"

"C:\\Archivos de programa\\Microsoft Bootvis\\Bootvis_Sleep.exe"="Bootvis_Sleep"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\Namespace

"LocalDelta"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrador\\Configuración local\\Datos de programa\\Microsoft\\Windows Media\\11.0\\WMSDKNSD.XML"

"RemoteDelta"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrador\\Configuración local\\Datos de programa\\Microsoft\\Windows Media\\11.0\\WMSDKNSR.XML"

Those entries are reported as invalid entries.

But I'm not sure if deleting them will conflict my system.

Also I'd like to know how safe is to use this tool.

Has some one else found those entries? what is your experience?

any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

I don't think it presents any problem to accept the recommandations,

it is usually strings and commands that are useless or faulty in the registry, and I have not experienced any ill effects by using and accepting the recommandations of the application.

As a further safeguard there is a Restore button in the application.

I never had occation to use it though.

Greetings and good hunting

I create a restore point before running any beta software which messes with registry or HDD data or structure. That way, if things go south, I can generally get back to where I was pretty quickly. It's cheap and easy insurance.

That being said, I agree with solbjerg; I've always cleaned the items recommended by Registry Cleaner beta and I've never had a problem...never needed to restore. It seems to be decently aggressive without being destructive.

Archived