IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Feedback on 360 toolbar please post here!

Melvin_Deal

The 360 toolbar seems to be some kind of redundant thing that appeals to the programmers but has not practical use. Everyboby that uses Iobit products(paying or not) chooses to do so and most all agree they are superb. The "radio" thing sucks! You undermine yourself with this! How can I change the channel??? Also you must change the ASC and IS360 from all caps! ALL CAPS MEANS YOU'RE ANGRY!!! Please, for the sake of Iobit remove this thing ASAP! We all know how to launch the software and don't need a dummy bar to clutter things. I only allowed it out of curiousity! Find a truly useful application for your new toy!!!

Hi Melvin Deal,

Personaly I don't like tolbars, but I find IObit Toolbar very useful for me. As you don't have to run the Main programs to use some utilities without shortcuts on the desktop. I agree with you with the CAPS though.

Also, I find Radio and TV useful for me too. You can change the Radio programs and even add which you wish.

Don't you think it is an option, and anybody who doesn't want it, either don't install it at all, or can uninstall after trying?

I feel myself unfortunate that I can't have it on my XP IE8, as no buttons, and no info, nothing exept the (X) sign to disable appears on the bar.

The weird thing is that I can install any other toolbar but not IObit's properly. Yet, I have to find what is blocking the user interface of it!!!

Cheers.

I am not happy with this toolbar:

#1. when I downloaded a new version of IObit it was added without my request.

#2. it cannot be deleted in Firefox/Tools/Add-ons/Uninstall - even though the helpdesk says it should work

#3. it is a 3rd party toolbar called "Conduit", clicking around gets you the Conduit homepage, which reveals they collect clicks and sell the results, and split the profits with IObit. Worse it spawns a task which is on a remote server - an installer, although it doesn't install this "toolbar".

#4. I find this outrageous, especially considering I am a customer.

#5. I don't like toolbars, but this one is very poor, and steps all over most of my custom settings in Firefox.

#6. Customer support in the first email to me denied it was Adware/Spyware, and that it was benign and I could get uninstall whenever I wanted. Everything they assert is false.

IObit should remove the toolbar from the IO360 install

I wish you were right, but after 15 attempts I can state with confidence as a developer, toolsmith, and sometimes sys admin - that it doesn't work. In addition, when I minimize the presence of the toolbar, when Firefox is restarted, the settings revert to all on.

I have also searching the web, and my registry for an answer - nothing good yet. The only good idea I have now is to save my Firefox settings into a file, remove conduit, and then uninstall and reinstall Firefox using Moz.

I'll be back when I solve this.

You are right samtso!!

But perhaps a totally clean install is necessary in this instance.

(the toolbar files are probably one of the leftovers that stays in the folder during an over the top install)

Cheers

solbjerg

I simply uncheck the "accept toolbar" box during installation, and it will not install itself.:grin:

Regards,

Sam

I simply uncheck the "accept toolbar" box during installation, and it will not install itself.:grin:

Regards,

Sam

Oh it asked, but when I refused - clicked off or not the other two selection buttons, it still installed. AFIK, not accepting my reques to not install does not constitute "simply uncheck" during install.

Meanwhile, regardless of your findings above, or the bleating of the Help staff, I can not uninstall this hydra headed "product" from my box. I won't open other browsers on that box, or do any IObit updates on my other boxes until this is set straight - one infection is enough.

Hi bags

Please try to follow the clean install description in this post:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.p...1513#post11513

Cheers

solbjerg

Oh it asked, but when I refused - clicked off or not the other two selection buttons, it still installed. AFIK, not accepting my reques to not install does not constitute "simply uncheck" during install.

Meanwhile, regardless of your findings above, or the bleating of the Help staff, I can not uninstall this hydra headed "product" from my box. I won't open other browsers on that box, or do any IObit updates on my other boxes until this is set straight - one infection is enough.

Regards,

Sam

I am using Vista & Firefox - both current and up to date. Are you?

Do a search, I have found 4 other users that have the same problem as me. I do not know if they are computer professionals like I am, but, this is not a case of inept users, but a product that was not properly tested and now not properly supported, even though I have made my issues very well know to the vendor.

Please come up with another response, or save the keystrokes please. It's not a mirage, and I'm not inept.

You are right samtso!!

But perhaps a totally clean install is necessary in this instance.

(the toolbar files are probably one of the leftovers that stays in the folder during an over the top install)

Cheers

solbjerg

So sorry for the second time I have deleted IOBit as well as the "Care" product via "uninstall", rebooted, and viola there is that wretched toolbar again.

No leftovers, just a 3rd party toolbar which has hijacked my Firefox and is sucking up my system resources, and spying on and reporting every keystroke.

It's bogus to force this on me, and its bogus product testing to assume everyone is Windows only user. Even worse that I have paid for the product in May of 2009 to stay clean of spyware and adware, and they give it to me to add to the bottom line. Bogus, and no way to run a company.

I was quite surprised to see the toolbar offering on both the ASC v3.40 and IS360 v1.1 updates that I have done in the last 24 hours. As a photographer screen real estate is precious and so I do not use any toolbars and so I did not accept either of these.

Several other security software makers have suffered a lot of negative press for offering toolbars with their free software and as great as their product is they end up with a tarnished reputation for offering a toolbar simply because some very vocal critics consider it adware.

~Maxx~

I am using Vista & Firefox - both current and up to date. Are you?

Hi bags,

I'm still using XP SP3 + IE7, and I just an ordinary user, not computer expert. I just share my installation experience regarding this toolbar. I just uncheck that box during installation, and I don't see any sign of it. I hope you can find a way to get rid of it.

Cheers!

Sam

bags, it is nothing to do with this thread.

You have already given that link in your other post.

Please refrain from posting the same link many times.

Yes, sorry, I posted it here before I saw that you had already been hit heavily with many posts on the topic, and to your credit, you are trying to manage it professionally.

IObit help desk gave me this fix to remove the toolbar for Vista/Firefox:

delete the directory at:

"C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\FireFox\Profiles\{XXXXXXXX.default}\ {978805f7-1ddc-4afd-8b6a-001c21817948}"

that was almost right, my Key was different. I did it, rebooted, and have spent 3 hours hammering every app I have, doing remote work, downloading files - etc., and the system is stable and toolbar is gone.

Well I'm not happy at the amount of work I had to do, but at least its over. I'm not sure if I will reinstall any IObit products, have to think about it.

p.s. the log for the toolbar in an associated directory showed my 20 something attempts (using 3-4 different methods) to remove it, that were failed for some internal reason.

Hi bags,

I found it quite easy to remove. See this thread:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4819

samr.

Well, I am afraid it wasn't and I sent an internal log generated and kept by IObit to verify that it refused to be removed no matter the method I tried to the support email, so they could see for themselves.

I am not the only one that has had this problem. I suspect incomplete testing on IObit's side is the issue, not inept end users.

Archived