IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

registry

phxrock13

Hi phxrock

That depends on what you mean by all of the registry

All "cleaners" usually have different parameters, so running several will generate different results, and it is usually not recommended to use more than one.

Several post about it in the forum, - try writing registry in the forum seach option or registry cleaning in the advanced serch option.

Cheers

solbjerg

hey guys,

is there anyway to fix all of the registry without paying for it

i've look heaps and i only get the trial scans any help would be great.

phxrock13- solbjerg is correct that different Registry Cleaners have different parameters. I use the Registry Cleaner in ASC 3 (ASC 3.40 Download) regularly and it does a great job of cleaning, but if I have installed or uninstalled programs I use RegClean 5.9 freeware because it cleans up the completely different set of registry values left by programs.

~Maxx~

Its really vital to be an active Member on the IObit Forums! While making my last post I discovered the IObit ASC 3.40 update at Major Geeks dated 10-30-2009 that I linked to and I just finished installing it on my own computer ready to use as I usually do just before I shut it down for a fresh start in the morning the IObit way! This year its all Treat and no Trick!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire - Just wanted to let you know that I tried out MV Regclean (I had been meaning to for a while, but finally decided to after seeing you mention it several times) and thus far, it seems to be a very solid program. It seems to do a good job of finding the errors you would only locate if you did a manual registry edit. All in all, a solid program and very complimentary to ASC.

Maxxwire - MV Regclean seems to do a good job of finding the errors you would only locate if you did a manual registry edit. All in all, a solid program and very complimentary to ASC.

PCTech- I've been using MV RegClean for almost a year now and I could not have summed up its unique ability to remove unused Registry values the way you just have. I agree that MV Reg Clean is a perfect companion to the Registry Fix in ASC 3 in fact each of these powerful Registry Cleaners removed over 2,000 unused Registry values the first time I used them.

~Maxx~

I just tried Regclean myself and I like it.

Mongoose- Its good to hear that this tiny 1.3 MB Program worked well for you! I've used MV RegClean on Win 2000, Win XP and Vista computers and it never fails to drop jaws when the results are shown as seen in the attachment below which results are from some work I did on a Win 2000 computer with Portable MV RegClean 5.5 from my 16 GB USB Flash Drive...

~Maxx~

hi all have started using MV RegClean 5.9 English on windows 7 and i am impressed with the good job of finding the errors it does well on 7,,,,,,

malkiller- This is fantastic news! I was just reading on the Softpedia website that MV RegClean works on 'all Windows' platforms and immediately I wondered if that included Win 7, and now your post has cleared up my wonderings. It is great to know that the unique cleaning abilities of MV RegClean will be available to Win 7 users!

~Maxx~

sunny staines- The problems you had could have been due to the version number of Vista that you were running in that I was discussing about Vista UAC with unlimited24 and apparently it acts completely different in various Versions of the Vista kernel. This is not to mention the vast array of different computer builds and BIOS' out there.

Please let us know how MV RegClean works once you've had a chance to get around to trying it on your new Win 7 after it arrives which is soon I hope.

~Maxx~

malkiller- Thanks for the positive feedback on MV RegClean being used with Win 7. Looking at the screenshot I see that your Windows 7 Ultimate only scans about 190.8k Registry Values! This makes 2 levels of good news that you have brought to us today! Could I ask how much RAM the Win 7 kernel is using on your computer as measured by the Task Manager and the breakdown between paged and non-paged RAM?

~Maxx~

malkiller- The RAM usage of your Win 7 Ultimate concurs with the benchtest results that I have read from several sources and is about 300 MB lower than a tpical Vista computer before the application of the Vista UltraLite program which now allows my Vista computer to start at 501 MB instead of the customary stock Vista 1 GB at the desktop. I've included a link to a photo I took of Vista UltraLite computer Task Manager after about 12 hours of running. I didn't use the screenshot tool as that adds about 20 MB where the camera renders a more accurate reading although the picture quality is somewhat inferior taken from an LED Flat pannel.

The UltraLite process is completely applicable to Win 7 and is simply an extension of the many improvements which MS has already done that distinguish Win 7 as being much more resource efficient than stock Vista. In fact from what I've seen Win 7 could run even leaner and meaner with the UltraLite principals applied.

~Maxx~

screen shot of ram from Task Manager normal and when runing MV RegClean scan is this any help?

Your measured 62 MB of RAM usage during the MV RegClean scanning looks typical and although the screenshot was taken during a brief moment when the CPU usage was at its highest the rest of the CPU usage graph looks fine.

Wow! There certainly isn't any fat on the Win 7 kernel. Even though kernel RAM use varies from computer to computer compared with the 250+ MB kernel that I started with in Vista this shows how much work went into trimming Vista down! I just may have to get my hands on one of these lean mean Win 7 machines and see just how far it can be taken beyond the constraints that MS was under when they took it as far as they did.

I'm not implying that Win 7 needs any tweaking because it is much more than an acceptable performer as it is. I'm just someone who wanted to learn how to make Vista fly 40% faster and run for less than 1/2 the resources and I have a strong suspicion that many of these UltraLite techniques could benefit the already amazing and much improved Win 7 in a similar way!

Thanks again for sharing all of this with us especially your success with using MV RegClean 5.9 with such great success on the latest and greatest Win 7 OS!

~Maxx~

Curious

Hi :smile:

Could someone who has installed MV Regclean on their computer do a check for me please.

Go to your firewall and see if the following have been blocked:

192.188.11.2 and/or 192.188.11.142

I got these being blocked quite often but after un-installing MV Regclean and doing a thorough cleanup I have not seen them since.

Coincidence ? maybe, but since both the above lead to same place in Brazil you can understand my interest.

owner: Universidade Federal da Bahia

ownerid: BR-UFBA3-LACNIC

responsible: Luiz Claudio Mendonca

address: Av Ademar de Barros -- CPD

address: 40070110 - Salvador - BA

You can check the destination @

http://samspade.org/

I am not making any accusations, just curious :smile:

Edit: I can't remember if MV Regclean has an auto update feature or not but I do know I would have it turned Off.

Only my AV auto updates, nothing else ;-)

All the best, woz of oz

Edit: I can't remember if MV Regclean has an auto update feature or not but I do know I would have it turned Off.

Only my AV auto updates, nothing else ;-)

All the best, woz of oz

I can't find an automatic program update feature on MV RegClean. According to Softpedia there hasn't been an update to MV RegCean since February 5, 2009.

~Maxx~

Just out of curiosity I did an impromptu Registry scan using Both the Registry Fix Scan in the brand new ASC v3.40 that I insalled and used for the first time last night and the same version of MV RegClean 5.9 that I have had all along and here are the results. The ASC 3.40 Registry scan was done first at 10:10 pm and yielded these results...

Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Registry Scan

Scan Date: 10/31/2009

OS Platform: Windows Vista

x64 Bit: No

ASC Version: 3.4.0.675

Problems Count: 1

-----------------------------

[unused File Extensions]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\OpenWithList N/A

-----------------------------

The MV RegClean 5.9 was used next with 33 unique results found the definitions of which are obtainable through using the live program definition feature as all users of this program are aware and are posted in the attachment below showing that neither Registry cleaner is better, but rather as solbjerg so aptly explained they just have different parameters...

~Maxx~

hey guys,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

if any one is wondering why i deleted my posts i am sorry to suggest the" IOBIT product"

i humbly Appolonia---as i see its pointed out thy are different--in what thy do--i misunderstood the ask--

should not of posted a answer to what i believed a class 1 product-- to use---sorry to all readers--i was asked not to post similar products that can do what 360,or asc can do -that i did thinking that it wise to just advice our PRODUCT --instead of other types--similar apps and only to promote our product --

itsmejjj

hey guys,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

if any one is wondering why i deleted my posts i am sorry to suggest the" IOBIT product"

i humbly Appolonia---as i see its pointed out thy are different--in what thy do--i misunderstood the ask--

should not of posted a answer to what i believed a class 1 product-- to use---sorry to all readers--i was asked not to post similar products that can do what 360,or asc can do -that i did thinking that it wise to just advice our PRODUCT --instead of other types--similar apps and only to promote our product --

itsmejjj

Well he means that,since deep scan only available in pro verision. So i would also recommend MV RegClean and + nCleaner.

hi all

Decided to give nCleaner a run to see what it was like on win 7.. messed with avast! Antivirus ... wiped my Online Armor firewall rules... wiped my Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Beta 1... and my Startup Guard stoped working as for the Registry lets put it this way ...Macrium Reflect full image restore ....lol..lol

Archived