IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

registry

phxrock13

Decided to give nCleaner a run to see what it was like on win 7.. messed with avast! Antivirus ... wiped my Online Armor firewall rules... wiped my Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Beta 1... and my Startup Guard stoped working as for the Registry lets put it this way ...Macrium Reflect full image restore ....lol..lol

Maybe you didn't set the settings at all? ,it's basics for every program. Set

settings before you scan. And also,i had no problems on WIN XP + Avast.

But IMO sorry for not mentioning in the first place. Try Here

Not excited about Reg cleaners anymore

Decided to give nCleaner a run to see what it was like on win 7.. messed with avast! Antivirus ... wiped my Online Armor firewall rules... wiped my Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Beta 1... and my Startup Guard stoped working as for the Registry lets put it this way ...Macrium Reflect full image restore ....lol..lol

I'm very surprised Avast AV and Online Armor FW didn't protect their Registry items :shock:

As for me, the initial excitement has died down and so after trying Eusing, MV Regclean, RegSeeker, and another I can't remember the name of, I am now just using ASC Pro and do a check with Auslogics (but it mainly finds little to nothing)

I did not like the list of Registry items that these other Registry cleaners wanted to delete, they seemed to be too aggressive to me, especially since the debate as to whether cleaning the Registry is of any real benefit or not still rages.

Since I have XP, I also use ERUNT (not shouting, that's how it is named) to back up the Registry automatically every day and keep 15 days worth on hand :-)

Win 7 and Vista users should read the FAQ

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

All the best, woz of oz

Each user has his own favorites when it comes to complementary Registry cleaners which have proven mutually exclusive scanning and removal results and on the very top of my list is ASC 3 which I use most often. Here are the results of the first time I used it on my computer when it removed unused Registry entries dating back to when I first got my computer that all other Registry cleaners had misses...

Logfile of Advanced SystemCare 3 Registry Scan

Scan Date: 5/9/2009

OS Platform: Windows Vista

x64 Bit: No

ASC Version: 3.3.1.652

Problems Count: 2313

-----------------------------

Also astounding in its ability to remove a completely different set of unused Registry values than the amazing ASC 3 does is MV RegClean 5.9 which I prefer to use after ASC 3 although it doesn't really matter because these 2 Registry Cleaners do not overlap at all when it comes to removing unused Registry values and it always astounds people when they see an additional 1,000+ entirely different unused entries being removed from their computer. Although I do not have the original removal record for my computer the link below shows the 1635 unused items initially removed from my Dad's Win 2000 computer by MV RegClean 5.5 Portable App which along with the previous ASC 3 Portable App removal of the completely different set of unused Registry values that it is programmed to remove proved to be a real jaw dropper even to someone who got his first Amiga computer in 1987.

~Maxx~

well did the same to me on my test PC --sorry to say ! perhaps not computable?

thanks any how for the link--

itsmejjj

But from the link,the WIN 7 user seemingly has no issues with nCleaner. Maybe it's still not compatible by majority.

@Mongoose : Sometimes you just can't rely on Reviews/ratings,but most of the time should. IMO nCleaner is a much more advanced version of CCleaner. It's does remove a lot more junks/caches etc than other software without hassle.

IMO nCleaner is a much more advanced version of CCleaner. It's does remove a lot more junks/caches etc than other software without hassle.

usefulll- I decided to take your recommendation and give the diminutive nCleaner a try.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/nCleaner1stJunk.jpg

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/nCleanerWinFiles.jpg

You were right about nCleaner finding and removing files that other cleanup software can not! nCleaner removed 100's of Windows log files that I had never even seen before in my computer! It also removed program log files dating back all the way back to the last System Restore I did over a year ago! Another really great feature is that nCleaner lets you open any file and read its contents before deciding whether or not to delete it.

Before I used nCleaner I ran CCleaner so I could find out what nCleaner would be able to find that CCleaner couldn't and those 198 MB worth of files are shown above.

~Maxx~

Blimey :shock:

May pass on using this with windows 7 then.

It's a shame that is has not been updated for so long, could have worked really well, i guess i shall never know.

Sticking to ASC and CCleaner is probably enough. Yet still, I crave for more.

wrexe

wow! nCleaner!

Not used that in donkeys years.

I almost completely forgot about it :roll:

Is it windows 7 friendly?

wrexe

hi yes it can,give it a try?- http://www.nkprods.com/products/

nCleaner2.3.4

ncleaner

Award-winning system cleaner and optimizer to clean your disk and registry. Fix Windows errors and improve stability, increase available free space, increase privacy protection and system performance.

nCleaner will clean and optimize your system to gain speed, stability, privacy and free space. Permanently erase (using shred) all unnecessary information from your system and applications and tweak your system and startup list to improve speed and privacy protection.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2341&stc=1&d=1257290154

itsmejjj

Not in the mood for breaking my computer today, sorry buddy.(itsmejjj) ?

If it's not win 7 certified, i shall not use. I'm to busy to sort it all out if it messes up. Got a business to run.

wrexe

your welcome

yep i would not want ta be stuffing about ether.just you made the ask,it works fine on windows 7 --certified,? no a clue.

itsmejjj

You were right about nCleaner finding and removing files that other cleanup software can not! nCleaner removed 100's of Windows log files that I had never even seen before in my computer! It also removed program log files dating back all the way back to the last System Restore I did over a year ago! Another really great feature is that nCleaner lets you open any file and read its contents before deciding whether or not to delete it.

Before I used nCleaner I ran CCleaner so I could find out what nCleaner would be able to find that CCleaner couldn't and those 198 MB worth of files are shown above.

~Maxx~

:-P,thanks for trying and clarifying.

Blimey :shock:

May pass on using this with windows 7 then.

It's a shame that is has not been updated for so long, could have worked really well, i guess i shall never know.

Sticking to ASC and CCleaner is probably enough. Yet still, I crave for more.

wrexe

wrexe- When I first used CCleaner just 3 months after I got my computer it removed over 3 GB worth of temporary and junk files. nCleaner and CCleaner overlap in all of the major categories of file removal, but nCleaner did take out 198 MB additional files which represents over a year of accumulation that CCleaner does not remove.

The nCleaner plugins are shown in the attachments below and the more of these programs someone runs the more benefit they will derive from this program. Since for me the nCleaner list of plugins looks like a nightmarish collection of some of the most horridly offensive toolbars and programs that I have spent years preventing from getting anywhere my computer I have a diminished benefit from its file removal services as a result.

nCleaner does not have much of any advantage over CCleaner for me in the daily operation of my computer which is why have the diminutive nCleaner neatly tucked away awaiting the day that I might want to securely overwrite the freespace on one of my hard drives or USB Flash Drives which to me sums up the primary redeeming usefulness of nCleaner.

~Maxx~

nCleaner does not have much of any advantage over CCleaner for me in the daily operation of my computer which is why have the diminutive nCleaner neatly tucked away awaiting the day that I might want to securely overwrite the freespace on one of my hard drives or USB Flash Drives which to me sums up the primary redeeming usefulness of nCleaner.

~Maxx~

For me,it's best to have both of them. No harm,doesn't conflict also. One of the safest combination out there. :grin:

For me,it's best to have both of them. No harm,doesn't conflict also. One of the safest combination out there. :grin:

usefullll- Absolutely! That's exactly why I am keeping both programs also. Could you possibly offer some insight as to how the nCleaner Memory Management Tool works? It has a minimum threshold and an amount of RAM to be released that are user selectable, but I have not yet figured out the right combination needed to get it to work on my Vista UltraLite computer which typically uses about 19%-20% of its 3 GB of RAM.

~Maxx~

Hi friends. This is the way this old man sees all this. Its different strokes for different folks. Here's my 2 cents for what it may be worth. Most people in this old world don't have a clue about keeping their PC running at its peek .I have friends that tune me out when I try to tell them what most of you already know. We all know that crap accumulates on our PC's and we want to keep it off as much as we possibly can. My advice is find what you feel comfortable with. What works for me may not be what you choose. Maxx and vman like sandboxie, and thats great. I might try it some day my self. Maxx likes Vista, jjj likes Windows 7, and I like my old XP3.Some on the forum like Avast, some like Avira, some like AVG, some like Comodo. I'm trying the new one, Microsoft Security Essentials with my friend Nash.I have used Ccleaner for ever and I've tried Ncleaner. Thought Ncleaner a little to harsh for me. It caused me some problems , but don't remember exactly what they were. I love my ASC3 and my IObit 360. I keep Malwarebytes and Superantispyware around because they are old friends and I run them manually once in a while. I use RegSeeker and Eusing Free and I trust them not to screw me up, they are also old friends. Maxx has his own chose; may try it some day, but for now I'm happy with what I have. Do I have every bit of trash cleaned up on my PC?? Probably not , but its good enough for me. My true love is my Macrium Reflect. I know I can be back exactly like I was the day I created an image of my OS, and that makes me very happy. This turned out to long ; sorry sunny. I've been in the Canadian Hunter. I love this forum and all my friends on it. Lets all get along and learn from each other. Its grate to have friends from all around the world. If you get tried before you finish reading this post, that's tough:-P --garybear PS We have some great administrators on this forum. I want to thank them and all the staff of IObit. Thank you my friends and may you live well and long. ---garybear

Archived