IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Removing licence???

mara-

Hi!

I'm using latest version of Advanced WindowsCare, and I used "giveoftheday" licence to activate program. Licence was accepted, and I suppose that this is legal. Now, first problem is that licence expired 3 days ago and program is still registered. Second thing is that I obtained my licence now (legaly from IObit), and I dont know how to enter it. So my question is, how can I remove old licence, to enter my new one?

Tnx in advance for help.

Cheers :wink:

Hi mara-,

If you feel comfortable that you don't need any of the backups the program created, I would 1.Exit, then uninstall the program the program. 2. go to local disc-program files-Iobit and find the AWC folder and delete it (this should clear Lisc. code info. Also, I believe the give away of the day is a little different than the Pro version).3. Go to iobit.com & download AWC Pro & install. 4. open program and go to Options-Settings-About and paste in new code.

This should be the cleanest install (but you should loose backups if you are OK with that).

samr.

Try looking at thread number 348 in this forum -

"License key-where to add it"

Written by C.Chris snyder (samr responded to that question with good advise)

Perhaps this is sufficient to solve your problem.

But otherwise follow samr's recommandations -

a new clean install is always a good thing!

Hi mara & solbjerg,

The reason I recommended clean install is that I remember Tim saying that the give-away of the day version is not complete. There are some things different than the full AWC Pro. A clean install with full removal would have less chance of something being left over that could conflict. However, mabye not needed, but with incomplete version of give-away of the day it may be a good idea.

samr.

Thank you guys for help. Problem is solved. I done clean install and program said it's trial, so I can enter my license now. Problem was that I once done clean install and it showed me again that it is registered, but this second time worked (also download again setup from IObit web page)!

Tnx again!

Cheers ;-)

Archived