IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD Schedule and Shutdown

romeroom

• 2 months later...
Hi romeroom,

Why don't you check "Turn off computer after defragment", and see if it works after a scheduled defragmentation!!!

Cheers.

It works for the one time run, for that day. But when the computer is restarted, the "Turn off computer after defragment" box is un-checked.

Hi romeroom

Yes, if you open it to look, I would expect it to show that option available.

But the real test would be if it closed down after your next sheculed defrag without you having to do anything, this result would tell us if there is indeed some missing functionality to be repaired by IObit or not.

Thank you !!

Cheers

solbjerg

It works for the one time run, for that day. But when the computer is restarted, the "Turn off computer after defragment" box is un-checked.

I am new here and I am very pleasure to meet you and join in here.I share things with you when i searching online and hope you can find more things that you like.I dont wanna disturb anyone of you and if you are not interested in these,leave them alone.

EDIT : Spam links are not permitted, so deleted. It is a banning offence.

• 1 year later...
Hi romeroom

Yes, if you open it to look, I would expect it to show that option available.

But the real test would be if it closed down after your next sheculed defrag without you having to do anything, this result would tell us if there is indeed some missing functionality to be repaired by IObit or not.

Thank you !!

Cheers

solbjerg

It has been a very long time and many revisions ago that I posted my issue. My request is very simple: run Smart Defrag in defrag only mode, scheduled every night and have it shut down the PC at the end of the defrag. This would result in a "hands off" procedure I can leave alone when I go to bed and expect it to run later that evening and have me wake up to a shut downed computer. (By the way, Distrix's UltimateDefrag has been doing this since 2008.)

The only way for it to work is for me to--EVERY DAY--check the box next to "shut down after defragmentation" on the home screen. Which defeats the desired "hands off" approach on a daily basis.

If I am doing something wrong, please let me know how to correct it. If not, and you can't suggest an alternative, please let me know as well so that I can explore other software options. Thanks.

Archived