IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IS360service - set as Manual, OK?

dallas7

Cheers to IS360 being well behaved enough to stop its IS360service (is360srv.exe) when one exits IS360:!:

However...

I have IS360 set to NOT execute at Windows startup. When I reboot, I see where IS360service is started which I take is normal due to its configuration as Automatic.

When IS360service is in a started state, without IS360 (is360.exe & is360tray.exe) being open, is the real-time protection active? Or anything else, for that matter?

I have changed the service to Manual and notice that it starts and stops as IS360 is opened and closed.

Seeing that a Manual configuration will eliminate the service start at reboot, is it OK to otherwise keep IS360service set at Manual?

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have mentioned my interest is not in having IS360 as an on-demand scanner.

I want to open IS360 with all its bells and whistles manually AFTER my desktop and system is all booted up and settled down.

I understand then, from reading those posts, that Manual is OK.

dallas7- I prefer to use Security 360 as an on demand scanner due to unfortunate conflicts with my security software and so I leave the IS360service disabled, but I can still open Security 360 with all its bells and whistles manually anytime I like, use any of its services and then when the program closes its services close also unlike many other programs that I have used. I do not see why having IS360service set to Manual wouldn't work just as well.

~Maxx~

IS360service

Hi Guys,

I have tried IS360service for all the possible permutations in XP, Vista, and Windows7.

You can find the results in THIS post.

Cheers.

Except you get this from the link above,

Not Found

The requested URL /IS360service was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Link not working.

Hi luckyvic, sorry for the inconvenience,

Check it again please.

Cheers.

No inconvenience. No need to apologize, things happen. Just wanted to let you know the link didn't work.

I love Iobit and all (well, most of you) you people here!!

Archived