IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accusation Thread - Dispute

solbjerg

Hi R3XNebular

I thought you had understood that this is a forum for ordinary users seeking help. Not a debate forum for legal issues.

But apparently not - 14 post about essentially the same thing - strange!

What is your agenda with this - an ordinary user seeking help won't find it in your posts.

Matara is far away - please stay there.

Are there many visiting Earth from there at this point in time and couldn't you find more worthy subjects to study?

Starvation for example!

Or "the Golden rule" that has been around at least 2500 years, but apparently still aren't known by all.

Cheers

solbjerg

Okay IOBit 360 caused several BSODS while I could not remove the toolbar, this cost me a few hours to remove and my girlfriend then left me because I wasn't paying attention to her. Now I sit here with no life but to look at this thread and hope IObit falls to the ground. It is IObits fault that my life is in ruins.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi R3XNebular

I am so sorry that your relationship disintegrated over something like that.

Hope you get your life back!

May God be with you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Okay IOBit 360 caused several BSODS while I could not remove the toolbar, this cost me a few hours to remove and my girlfriend then left me because I wasn't paying attention to her. Now I sit here with no life but to look at this thread and hope IObit falls to the ground. It is IObits fault that my life is in ruins.

Please place ALL accusations and dispute about the recent accusation in this thread.

Cheers

solbjerg

NOT attacking, just a reminder solbjerg. Close the thread if you see fit. Or pay no attention yourself and spend your time helping the poor users who bought this product.

Sorry if some of us feel that what IObit is doing/has done is illegal and immoral.

But you are right, I will shift my attention back to helping users clean their machines. :arrow:

Hi IndiGenus

You have had 5.38 posts per day since you joined the forum the 3.Nov.2009, so this will mean that a lot of users will benefit from your decision to shift your attention to helping others. Great!!

Cheers

solbjerg

NOT attacking, just a reminder solbjerg. Close the thread if you see fit. Or pay no attention yourself and spend your time helping the poor users who bought this product.

Sorry if some of us feel that what IObit is doing/has done is illegal and immoral.

But you are right, I will shift my attention back to helping users clean their machines. :arrow:

I quite agree that people do need help with their PC and would assume that by doing so, you will not use IOBIT software in which to help them detect/remove any infection but use a product that people can trust.

IObit has lost a lot of respect with many people so the remaining few that are left, that need your help, and are either new to the scene or hardened supporters, will be looking for support second to none. You do have a task on your hands.

I think miracles are not that readilly available nowdays ;)

hi R3xNebular

Now as it concerns the toolbar (by conduit i suppose) it was a piece of cake to remove.

If u came here and asked for help politely i would help u to uninstall the TOOLBAR in 5 munites

a) u delete the relative folders and files locating them via WINDOWS-EXPLORER (properties in INtERNET /Tools/manage add ons tell u where..)

b) u get in REGISTRY writing regedit at start search box/press enter

c) edit/find and u simply insert conduit and u delete evrything located by right-clicking....

I wish u good lack with your girlfriend

cheers

Many, few, tasks and miracles

IObit has lost a lot of respect with many people.....

How many is many ? How did you calculate this 'figure' ?

At the time of writing there are 404 posts in this thread, can you guess how many of those posts are by Security 360 users who say they will now un-install security 360 ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the answer is 6 and 3 who are waiting for the final outcome.

Most (I'm using your system of calculation) of the negative posts I've read here and at other forums are from people who don't use IObit products because they are happy with something else.

Plus those who were bored with doing their homework :wink:

.....so the remaining few that are left.....

How many is few ? How did you calculate this 'figure' ?

Lots and lots of users minus 6 equals lots or possibly many doesn't it ?

(I can see why you like this system of calculation, no effort required :wink: )

You do have a task on your hands.

It's not a task at all, we love to help, that's why we are here :smile:

I think miracles are not that readily available nowdays ;)

It saddens me deeply to read that :sad:

Please don't spend your time waiting for something miraculous to happen.

Life is the miracle !

All the best, woz of oz

Hi wozofoz

Ok since the subject is opened up again I will just add that the text also points to the inherent conflict between helping a fellow human being contra adhering strictly to the law.

If you are standing at a sharply guarded border and notice a child falling into a lake on the other side of the border, - should you then disregard the law, and the upholding of it by the border patrol, or should you save the child. You are taking a chance of being shot by the border patrol, but in all fairness you ought to disregard that and save the child, hoping that none in the border patrol are sticklers for law and none of them just want to shoot somebody regardless.

Cheers

solbjerg

How many is many ? How did you calculate this 'figure' ?

At the time of writing there are 404 posts in this thread, can you guess how many of those posts are by Security 360 users who say they will now un-install security 360 ?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the answer is 6 and 3 who are waiting for the final outcome.

Most (I'm using your system of calculation) of the negative posts I've read here and at other forums are from people who don't use IObit products because they are happy with something else.

Plus those who were bored with doing their homework :wink:

How many is few ? How did you calculate this 'figure' ?

Lots and lots of users minus 6 equals lots or possibly many doesn't it ?

(I can see why you like this system of calculation, no effort required :wink: )

It's not a task at all, we love to help, that's why we are here :smile:

It saddens me deeply to read that :sad:

Please don't spend your time waiting for something miraculous to happen.

Life is the miracle !

All the best, woz of oz

Important!

Many important things are boring. Its important that the members of this forum keep this thread open to maintain their individual integrity & continue altruistically the purpose for which this forum exists. To help and support individuals with any hardware/software issues they may have (not just IObit software). This is evidenced in the various forums/threads.

If you are bored with a TV show, do you call the network and tell them to stop broadcasting it or do you change the channel?

If you find this thread boring... the answer is simple, stop reading/posting on it!

There are many "channels" in the world you can turn to!

Thats all! Peace to you!!!

Hi capital Marketplace

As far as I understand you - you cannot speak English and asks for an answer in Chinese.

Are you seeking insider knowledge for personal gain on the stock market?

I would suggest you join a Chinese speaking forum and not an English speaking one.

(我建議您連接中國告訴的論壇而不是英文一個。)

Cheers

solbjerg

汗啊~

你们不会真的把他们的病毒库偷来给自己用把?

会讲中文的回复我

I honestly love the programs and will continue to use them on all 5 computers in my household. I have no opinion on what is going on except to say, has anyone provided any concrete proof to the allegations made? If not, remember, innocent until proven guilty. Accidents happen and mistakes are made. Keep a cool head and help make the programs better.

Hi jimczyz

A moderate sound position!

In my personal opinion database definitions should be the property of all for the sake of protecting users from attack.

The scanning engine of the various companies on the other hand should not, then they could compete fairly on quality of detection.

We the users have an interest in being as protected as possible and will try to find the best product that does that job.

Cheers

solbjerg

I honestly love the programs and will continue to use them on all 5 computers in my household. I have no opinion on what is going on except to say, has anyone provided any concrete proof to the allegations made? If not, remember, innocent until proven guilty. Accidents happen and mistakes are made. Keep a cool head and help make the programs better.

Many important things are boring. Its important that the members of this forum keep this thread open to maintain their individual integrity & continue altruistically the purpose for which this forum exists. To help and support individuals with any hardware/software issues they may have (not just IObit software). This is evidenced in the various forums/threads.

If you are bored with a TV show, do you call the network and tell them to stop broadcasting it or do you change the channel?

If you find this thread boring... the answer is simple, stop reading/posting on it!

There are many "channels" in the world you can turn to!

Thats all! Peace to you!!!

I don't think continue to discuss on this topic will do any help to user with hardware/software issues, it only a waste of resource of the forum, as many post in this thread only repeating their own view (or others). In fact, I think the case is not you and I, or anyone here can help, if they got proven evidence, this will be a court case. If they don't, Iobit should fight back to them. What we need to say is said, and I think it's time to give it an end.

And this is not just a "channel" problem, I would rather say it's like in an Internet Cafe, when some users downloading large applications will use up the bandwidth of others that just what to browse the web. Please be considerate, and save the resources for others.

That's it, I will not post in this thread again (in fact, I didn't post from day one until now).

Goodluck!

I am an avid MBAM user, obviously. It has cleaned systems other software couldn't touch and I swear by it. I was angered to see this software "accused" of "more or less" stealing the database defs. from MBAM for use within this software.

That logic is understandable, as MBAM is a fantastic piece of software and having that "power" under the hood of another software title would ensure users use and like it, not to mention it'd work quite well - albeit not legal.

I read the article here: http://www.findmysoft.com/news/Malwarebytes-Accuses-IObit-of-Stealing-IOBit-Says-It-s-Not-its-Fault/

The statement released by this "company" or whatever entity you guys claim to be seems ridiculous. After reading that, I really got the impression IObit used the database without permission and is now trying to distance itself from responsibility. Why would users be allowed to "make submissions" that end up DIRECTLY in the database file? Isn't anyone screening submissions?

I could have submitted Tazoo.Crack.House and saw it in the next rotation? I don't really think so.

I hardly expect IObit to do the right thing and take responsibility for their actions - no one ever does anymore. MBAM will come down on you, you'll comply, your "software" will lose most of it's power and that will be that.

People stand behind it now because it works, very well too I'm sure but that's only MBAM under the hood. Please, IObit - do "something" useful for computer users and for the eradication of malware instead of re-branding someone else's work.

My opinion - thanks.

Hi MBAM

Well formulated and civil post - thanks for that.

I really do not think that I can add much more to the subject than I already have.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am an avid MBAM user, obviously. It has cleaned systems other software couldn't touch and I swear by it. I was angered to see this software "accused" of "more or less" stealing the database defs. from MBAM for use within this software.

That logic is understandable, as MBAM is a fantastic piece of software and having that "power" under the hood of another software title would ensure users use and like it, not to mention it'd work quite well - albeit not legal.

I read the article here: http://www.findmysoft.com/news/Malwarebytes-Accuses-IObit-of-Stealing-IOBit-Says-It-s-Not-its-Fault/

The statement released by this "company" or whatever entity you guys claim to be seems ridiculous. After reading that, I really got the impression IObit used the database without permission and is now trying to distance itself from responsibility. Why would users be allowed to "make submissions" that end up DIRECTLY in the database file? Isn't anyone screening submissions?

I could have submitted Tazoo.Crack.House and saw it in the next rotation? I don't really think so.

I hardly expect IObit to do the right thing and take responsibility for their actions - no one ever does anymore. MBAM will come down on you, you'll comply, your "software" will lose most of it's power and that will be that.

People stand behind it now because it works, very well too I'm sure but that's only MBAM under the hood. Please, IObit - do "something" useful for computer users and for the eradication of malware instead of re-branding someone else's work.

My opinion - thanks.

funny, your pseudo

Hi,

Welcome to our discussion space !

Have you seen the overwhelming number of messages in this thread?

Is your's bringing something new ?

It looks like the first day of the rumor! It is indeed a rumor is not it? Otherwise, the editor of your favorite software have brought the matter to court! It will be easier later for him to return, accusing members of a forum to peddle the rumor on the internet and that he has only suspected ...

I can tell you : I am an avid IOBIT products user, obviously. They clean and optimise my systems other software couldn't touch and I swear by it.

Did you take care about the tests ? Iobit products become in the first place so become a bit dangerous challenger... isn't it ?

Bye

solbjerg, I wish all the posts were like that, as anybody's opinion in civil words is respected. We have seen posts as THIS one in this thread though.

One thing to mention, I wanted to read the article, but my host prevention forbids to open that site, only for your information, not sarcasm.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

I got a fault on my page too, but it opened so I could read the article.

A MBAM article (forgot the autors name) from the 5.nov.2009, so you probably have read it.

No real news there as far as I saw.

Fairly civil too though.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg, I wish all the posts were like that, as anybody's opinion in civil words is respected. We have seen posts as THIS one in this thread though.

One thing to mention, I wanted to read the article, but my host prevention forbids to open that site, only for your information, not sarcasm.

Cheers.

I have indeed noticed the large amount of posts in this thread. Since I have never posted here before, and this thread is for opinions and discussion on the "accusation" (not rumor) I have done nothing wrong in posting my view here. In fact, that's what it is here for!

This is far from a rumor(not so serious), this is an accusation(much more serious) of theft from a well established software company to another.

No one is perfect and everyone is bound to make mistakes in life. The real judgment of character is in how IObit decides to handle these serious accusations. If it's true, I certainly hope IObit will make it right and if not, I would whole heartily expect Malwarebytes to admit their wrong.

Of course, my opinion is that the Malwarebytes database was used without permission. This is what I believe. It is up to Malwarebytes to establish proof, contact IObit and attempt to work out a resolution and even take such accusations to trial if they see fit.

If you know nothing about law, (which I don't claim to) you should at least know that filing a court case and getting to trial can take quite a long time. If such an event does take place, I wouldn't expect it to be for quite a while anyway.

Good day

PS: The link I posted is very similar what you've probably already been reading but here it is in a TXT file for easy reading: http://www.infirasys.net/mbam.txt

Any one who expects a lawsuit filed within a few days or even weeks, is extremely naive about the workings of the courts.

You'll be lucky to see a resolution to this accusation within a few years.

That's one of the reasons these matters are usually settled out of court if the parties involved are able to come to an amiable resolution.

No one is perfect and everyone is bound to make mistakes in life. The real judgment of character is in how IObit decides to handle these serious accusations. If it's true, I certainly hope IObit will make it right and if not, I would whole heartily expect Malwarebytes to admit their wrong.

Of course, my opinion is that the Malwarebytes database was used without permission. This is what I believe. It is up to Malwarebytes to establish proof, contact IObit and attempt to work out a resolution and even take such accusations to trial if they see fit.

If you know nothing about law, (which I don't claim to) you should at least know that filing a court case and getting to trial can take quite a long time. If such an event does take place, I wouldn't expect it to be for quite a while anyway.

Good day

PS: The link I posted is very similar what you've probably already been reading but here it is in a TXT file for easy reading: http://www.infirasys.net/mbam.txt

Well said thank you. I have my opinion though.

Cheers.

EDIT: Thanks for the txt, I have read it now.

Lawsuit from MalwareBites is Legitimate and Called For

Based on Malwarebytes own published findings (go to Malware's website and read it yourself) and my experience in technology and criminal investigations, and other experiences I have dealing with Chinese operators (one in Houston tried to get me to sell her a GPS navigayion system for a cruise missile during the Clinton administration) I conclude that IOBit did steal from MalwareBytes. To that end, I just removed IOBits from my systems, and IOBts, please delete my credit card numbers from yours. Please. Either IOBits is PLA or just an enterprising thief who believes they can operate like pirates from the distance of China.

Archived