IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accusation Thread - Dispute

solbjerg

Hi IssView

Yes the scanning/detection engine ought to be the crucial part, and this is where there is a legitimate reason to patent/copyright and protect.

Imagine that one company had some super-genius in their staff that came up with an heuristic - or perhaps a quite new concept for detecting virus and malware, so perfect that it caught everything.

This company would corner the market even if they gave away definitions as fast as they found them.

The problem is that the scanning-detection engines of today aren't perfect, and this in turn gives the companies an incentive to protect the definition files - that they have accumulated in various ways all of them -as if they where their own. Which you say it is in the current legislation - at least in countries that have signed that agreement.

This is a very bad situation for the user.

They say that it is money and greed that runs the world, but I am sure that without compassion and love we would all perish.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ahh, so you are saying that it is ok to use someone else work and material because you did not sign a copyright agreement nor does it apply where you may be? I somehow don't think you would be particularily pleased if you were the copyright holder and I came along and took your work making a fortune for myself at your expense! In fact I am pretty damn sure the air would be blue and you would be after my blood.

As I said, I agree that there should be some co-operation and standards set but I do not agree with taking what is not yours to make money simply because you are not subject to prosecution by the country you reside in.

I feel that somehow you are trying to defend IOBits actions which I find currently immoral. But anyway, this copyright is not debateable as it does exist and is bound by law so we, the user should abide by it regardless of where, and before you do say plenty of goods are copied which look like the real thing, many of them are cheap and faulty which do not last as long.

How can we get things changed if people persist in taking the easy option and stealing what is not theirs? This only adds to mistrust allowing more barriers to be erected and no attempts in which to bring in new practices.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok IssViews

Arguing from words you put in my mouth is bad form!

So I suppose we can't work together to change the current laws.

You have already decided who is telling the truth and know about ALL motives behind this?

Well I haven't decided yet and will only do so when I have heard ALL facts and arguments.

Goodbye

solbjerg

Ahh, so you are saying that it is ok to use someone else work and material because you did not sign a copyright agreement nor does it apply where you may be? I somehow don't think you would be particularily pleased if you were the copyright holder and I came along and took your work making a fortune for myself at your expense! In fact I am pretty damn sure the air would be blue and you would be after my blood.

As I said, I agree that there should be some co-operation and standards set but I do not agree with taking what is not yours to make money simply because you are not subject to prosecution by the country you reside in.

I feel that somehow you are trying to defend IOBits actions which I find currently immoral. But anyway, this copyright is not debateable as it does exist and is bound by law so we, the user should abide by it regardless of where, and before you do say plenty of goods are copied which look like the real thing, many of them are cheap and faulty which do not last as long.

How can we get things changed if people persist in taking the easy option and stealing what is not theirs? This only adds to mistrust allowing more barriers to be erected and no attempts in which to bring in new practices.

For example, rogue.exe has the same signature code with the malware “NOTSURE.dll” (VirusTotal: http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/ecdf9edc78116f633d3d26e20c3bb4931cdcaadeb39d5ec8bfce05953f46b022-1257255852). “NOTSURE.dll” was submitted by someone called “KXX” and described as “Rogue.AVCleanSweepPro” detected by Malwarebytes. Our analyzer carelessly used it with the same name. Now this kind of malware is renamed as “Heuristic.newTrojan” in IObit Securoty 360. (See pictures attached)

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad279/lightpaladin123/iobit.jpg

IObit's declaration from their blog is full of numerous holes and is filled with grammatical errors. It looks anything but professional. Take a look at the above quote. If they had a signature for that specific file, why on earth would they change the name to Heuristic.newTrojan? It boggles my mind. Heuristics are used to detect unknown malware. Changing the name of a known definition to make it look like heuristics found the malware is ridiculous. This is why I think they will most likely disregard MBAM's claims and just rename everything in their database and continue to scam people.

http://blog.iobit.com/ if you want to check out Iobit's declaration for yourself. Of course most of you have read this already.

This is just my speculation and opinion. Obviously it holds no weight. Read both sides of the story for yourself and come to your own conclusion.

I read a full review of IOBit 360 today, as posted on PC Magazine by Neil J. Rubenking. I am sure it would be of interest to many of the IOBit customers however the more stubborn ones will no-doubt take more convincing. Lets hope your stubborness is not your downfall.

Anyone interested in seeing this review, can read it here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355888,00.asp

Ok IssViews

Arguing from words you put in my mouth is bad form!

So I suppose we can't work together to change the current laws.

You have already decided who is telling the truth and know about ALL motives behind this?

Well I haven't decided yet and will only do so when I have heard ALL facts and arguments.

Goodbye

solbjerg

You are quite right solbjerg, there is no possibility that I would consider working with you while you are associated to IOBit as I feel that the trust has been broken. This charade between the two companies has only hindered any chance of getting companies to negociate on mutually sharing data. As we say in the UK, one step forward, 3 steps back.

I read a full review of IOBit 360 today, as posted on PC Magazine by Neil J. Rubenking. I am sure it would be of interest to many of the IOBit customers however the more stubborn ones will no-doubt take more convincing. Lets hope your stubborness is not your downfall.

Anyone interested in seeing this review, can read it here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2355888,00.asp

Not surprised really it has gotten worse, I still cannot get the active shields to work and even when iobit tells you that stuff has been detected and removed loads of traces still remail so that you have to use another program to get rid of what this piece of crap overlooked or did not deal with

Whelp, as time goes on it's looking more and more like iobit failed. Changing the names of what is reported by the software does "what" to your credibility if you're still using stolen defs.?

The bottom line is MBs knows exactly what it's doing by accusing another "entity" and surely wouldn't do so for kicks. All this doesn't come about if iobit did "nothing" wrong. It just doesn't.

I read all the articles and was very unbiased from the start. Although I used MBAM (because it worked+free) and never heard of iobit until this started. It's just that MBs sure does lay down a very convincing argument (even still!) and nothing new has been said by iobit that would clearly show MBs is wrong... at all.

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE pork fried rice:lol:, but iobit would have fared better if they would have kept their mouth shut completely instead of addressing it.

Either way, iobit is digging a grave for s360 - just waiting for them to hand the shovel over to MBs to pile the dirt on top.

The whole situation is like having a hole in your pants, someone points it out to you and you cover it up with your hand and exclaim, "No I don't!"

I'm done with you thieves, I'm getting some "polk-fwaa-rahh" and a new pair of pants and scanning my computer with the official MBs DB.

good day! :mrgreen:

MBAM quote,

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE pork fried rice, but iobit would have fared better if they would have kept their mouth shut completely instead of addressing it.

I'm done with you thieves, I'm getting some "polk-fwaa-rahh" and a new pair of pants and scanning my computer with the official MBs DB.

Come on MBAM! Let me preface what I'm about to say....

I've been very critical (if you've read this thread you know) in this thread (and elsewhere) of the "business practices" of IObit and the total lack of support and lack of being honest with their users.

With that said, comments like you made are totally unnecessary! They have no place in this or any other forum. Keep your comments to being professional and objective as your comments with either get you banned or just get deleted, so your voice won't be heard anyway. I think enough damage (self inflicted) has already been done to IObit and they have a long way to dig themselves out from this one (will never in my mind).

MBAM quote,

With that said, comments like you made are totally unnecessary! They have no place in this or any other forum. Keep your comments to being professional and objective as your comments with either get you banned or just get deleted, so your voice won't be heard anyway.

Thank you IndiGenus,

I do agree with you on this point,

MBAM, consider this a warning!

samr.

In Support of IObit

Let's take a good hard look at the chain of events concerning the accusation from Mbam.

1. First IObit starts to collect malware definitions from various sources

This is done without very much supervision as to how the malware definitions are treated.

Not very good!

2. IObit offers the new program IObit Security 360 (IS360)

This receives an enormous interest and very, very many download the program.

3. IObit instigates a contest among users to determine which malware program performs best. With a prize for winners set at 1000$ and 25000$ to the final winner.

This generates much interest too, and very many comparisons - often set up as Charts also. IObit fares well in the comparison generally.

Some tests also have antivirus programs in them and as the malware base that are tested also has virus definitions incorporated the antivirus programs scores higher than the malware programs. Mbam scores high here?

4. IObit is approached by the president of Mbam that asks them to close down the contest.

IObit refuses

5. IObit is accused by Mbam of stealing their definition database.

Mbam claims that they had a "suspicion" and had set a "trap" for IObit by creating bogus malware definitions in their database.

Several questions arises from this:

a. How is it possible for IObit to enter Mbam's database?

b. Why didn't Mbam just show that some of the same definitions were in IObits database already? (publicity stunt?)

c. Why was the accusation released at the wee hours at night in China - they could have released it in the morning in the US to make it more probable that some IObit representative would be awake (smacks of manipulation)

d. Why were so many supporters of Mbam ready to join the IObit forum instantly and post verbal abuse on a Help forum?

Some of it inexcuseable abuse.

(more questions could be asked about the motive behind it, but I will let this suffice for now)

5.a. IObit issues a statement concerning the accusation

This statement is largely ignored or discounted by ranters and naggers in the forum

6. Mbam threatens legal action.

Several US based download sites for IObit products discontinue to provide download opportunity for the products.

Major setback for IObit.

7. IObit closes down the comparison contest.

Sad day for many hopeful contesters!

8. The sites blocking download of IObit products open for download again.

Some agreement must have been reached between Mbam and IObit for this to happen.

Neither of them has issued a statement to that effect?

8.a. IObit issues a second statement concerning the accusatation

This is largely ignored by antagonists in the forum

9. The accusations in the forum has abated and the verbal abuse has become markedly less.

My guess is that the attention span of naggers are short, and perhaps many has begun questioning the motive behind this accusation.

10. Finally let me say that for IObit to downright steal from the presumably well protected database of Mbam would require a hacker of world class (I hope for Mbams sake), and then incorporate it without camouflaging it would be so stupid as to defy understanding.

This makes me believe that IObit's explanation on how the definitions became added to their database is true.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I first wrote it in "Let me tell you a true story", but decided it needed a thread of its own.

p.p.s. IObit's statements can be read in IObit's blog!

http://blog.iobit.com/archives/95.html

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4981

Thank you my friend.

Hi my friend solbjerg. You are very wise my friend. This is a great thread and has made me feel better. Maybe I can return sooner than I thought. I have one question that is burning in my gut. I believe every word that you have posted, but I have to ask this question. Why did IObit remove half their data base and leave our members half way protected for so long. As far as I know they are still only half way protected . Why do they not tell us this and tell us to protect our selves with another program until they get this all figured out. Our member sunny staines said we might want to find another program until IObit got this cleared up, but nothing from the big dogs at IObit. There is no doubt in my mind that my AV and Macrium did not like IObit 360 but that is another story. That caused me to start a thread (Mad as Hell), which I now regret. I have said way to much and I know some members will not be happy with me ,but It was tearing up my gut. Now I will leave for a while longer and see you all back at the truck soon.---garybear

Hi gary

Thanks!

Yes a valid question that I did not fully explain in this thread.

It is explained though in IObit's blog.

It has to do with the definitions they just put in from the malware collections they had picked up from their collection site and from users.

(that was a very loose and unwise action - also explained and apologized for by IObit)

This in turn meant that there could be many definitions in the database that they had handled in that way.

To avoid dispute about this they apparently pulled all definitions they had entered uncheched.

I too feel that they made an oversight by not more fully explaining that in the forum - but it has been mentioned.

Perhaps we administrators should have focused more on that subject, sorry! But at the time we had a lot to do - I say that as an explanation - not an excuse.

My guess is that they are working around the clock to restore and improve their database this moment.

I also expect one of IObit's representatives to comment on this thread.

Thank you gary!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. IObit's blog: http://blog.iobit.com/archives/95.html

p.p.s. As far as I remember I computed it to around 40% that they pulled (according to some figures quoted by a member) - I will have to find the thread where I wrote that.

Hi my friend solbjerg. You are very wise my friend. This is a great thread and has made me feel better. Maybe I can return sooner than I thought. I have one question that is burning in my gut. I believe every word that you have posted, but I have to ask this question. Why did IObit remove half their data base and leave our members half way protected for so long. As far as I know they are still only half way protected . Why do they not tell us this and tell us to protect our selves with another program until they get this all figured out. Our member sunny staines said we might want to find another program until IObit got this cleared up, but nothing from the big dogs at IObit. There is no doubt in my mind that my AV and Macrium did not like IObit 360 but that is another story. That caused me to start a thread (Mad as Hell), which I now regret. I have said way to much and I know some members will not be happy with me ,but It was tearing up my gut. Now I will leave for a while longer and see you all back at the truck soon.---garybear

To solbjerg and all forum volunteers here ;

First, some info : I am not an IOBit custumer or user. Yes, I do use MBAM.

The reason why I'm here : to express my disbelief in what I'm reading. I've been following (reading) since the story broke out. At first, I felt sorry for all the forum volunteers here, having to cope with such a brutal awakening while keeping up the good work on the forums.

solbjerg (and others) had a hard position at first, defending 360, and then went on saying (no quotes) that he would wait for all the evidence to be presented before making his final decision. Fair enough. I am assuming that all forum mods and some admins here (solbjerg included) are volunteers, not IOBit staff. I've been volunteering on forums for years and have plenty of respect for anyone offering their time to help others.

I am shaking my head at the moment... The evidence presented concerning the MBAM database theft, by IOBit, leaves nothing to be questionned or to the imagination. Some less technically savvy may be confused by some of it, but seasoned forum volunteers like yourselves would know better. Should know better. Which leaves some questions to be answered about your true status within the organization. But that's just my opinion ;-)

Statements/declarations by some "lovely IOBIt girl" really say a lot about transparency and accountability. Crafty, but truely unconvincing smoke.

A trap is a trap is a trap.

The idea that some poor screening of collected malware samples caused 360's database to include MBAM's is... so funny it's nauseating. Fake samples were never distributed outside of MBAM's management, so no submission to IOBit was possible. Period. Read this paragraph over and over, please.

Stealing an antivirus/antimalware tool's database requires lots of skill (reversing), but that can be achieved without having a genious on staff so please... Money is the best incentive here.

Some download sites have 360 back up. The stolen db has been (partially ?) removed, so some may feel it's now "ok" to host it. *Sigh*

The bit about breaking the story while China was sleeping ? Oh please. Look at how long it took for "them" to respond. Could have happened while they were breaking for lunch, having dinner, having their lovely hair done ;-)

Who is IOBit management ? Have any of them stopped by here ? Who's doing their research (360) ? Who's developing the software ? Might be nice to have officials identify themselves and participate ; it would go a long way to boost spirits around here I'm sure...

So... why are you folks still all here, helping on the forums after suffering such a hard blow ? Boggles my mind. Unless you've received some nice mail in the past week or so, from IOBit HQ

===========

A final note : I won't be back to post, unless I'm tortured into it ;-)

Hi So_sad

What my post is suggesting is that you look at the sequence of events and not try to cast doubt on my honesty by insinuating that I am paid to write this for IObit - or that other volunteers are.

(Ridiculing an IObit employee for her ironic choice of a description of herself, doesn't give you credit.)

The sequence of event suggests a quite different motive by Mbam than what is being said by them.

Do you have any direct evidence for what you claim or is it just that you profess yourself to be an expert on the subject?

Cheers

solbjerg

To solbjerg and all forum volunteers here ;

First, some info : I am not an IOBit custumer or user. Yes, I do use MBAM.

The reason why I'm here : to express my disbelief in what I'm reading. I've been following (reading) since the story broke out. At first, I felt sorry for all the forum volunteers here, having to cope with such a brutal awakening while keeping up the good work on the forums.

solbjerg (and others) had a hard position at first, defending 360, and then went on saying (no quotes) that he would wait for all the evidence to be presented before making his final decision. Fair enough. I am assuming that all forum mods and some admins here (solbjerg included) are volunteers, not IOBit staff. I've been volunteering on forums for years and have plenty of respect for anyone offering their time to help others.

I am shaking my head at the moment... The evidence presented concerning the MBAM database theft, by IOBit, leaves nothing to be questionned or to the imagination. Some less technically savvy may be confused by some of it, but seasoned forum volunteers like yourselves would know better. Should know better. Which leaves some questions to be answered about your true status within the organization. But that's just my opinion ;-)

Statements/declarations by some "lovely IOBIt girl" really say a lot about transparency and accountability. Crafty, but truely unconvincing smoke.

A trap is a trap is a trap.

The idea that some poor screening of collected malware samples caused 360's database to include MBAM's is... so funny it's nauseating. Fake samples were never distributed outside of MBAM's management, so no submission to IOBit was possible. Period. Read this paragraph over and over, please.

Stealing an antivirus/antimalware tool's database requires lots of skill (reversing), but that can be achieved without having a genious on staff so please... Money is the best incentive here.

Some download sites have 360 back up. The stolen db has been (partially ?) removed, so some may feel it's now "ok" to host it. *Sigh*

The bit about breaking the story while China was sleeping ? Oh please. Look at how long it took for "them" to respond. Could have happened while they were breaking for lunch, having dinner, having their lovely hair done ;-)

Who is IOBit management ? Have any of them stopped by here ? Who's doing their research (360) ? Who's developing the software ? Might be nice to have officials identify themselves and participate ; it would go a long way to boost spirits around here I'm sure...

So... why are you folks still all here, helping on the forums after suffering such a hard blow ? Boggles my mind. Unless you've received some nice mail in the past week or so, from IOBit HQ

===========

A final note : I won't be back to post, unless I'm tortured into it ;-)

Thanks for the reply, solbjerg.

You haven't tortured me into a reply, but I think it's important that I do reply.

I understand that my statements may have suggested that not only you, but other participants have incentive to defend IOBit. Not an accusation directly, more of a personal (not so personal anymore) observation considering the situation.

Ridiculing an individual with a cute status was not my intent. Ridiculing the absence of accountability and presence of clearly identified IOBit staff/management was my intent.

The proof is before you, solbjerg, and has been from early on. You've now made your position somewhat clear, which is what saddens me. We all have to make choices in life ; some are private, some are public and have an impact on those around us. So be it.

Can you honestly sit there and tell me you were expecting a flat out guilty admission by IOBit ? Really ? Put yourself in their shoes for a second : they stole intellectual property adn got caught red handed. Next step : admit ? That would have been honourable, but not expected considering the crime. So you put up a smoke screen and hope you won't get your butt dragged in court. Even if this goes to court, do you think you will hear all the facts ? Of course not. If this is ever settled out of court, do you expect IOBit to divulge anything ? Come on. You'll never get clearer answers than those that sit before you right now, and you should know that. Common sense, folks. MBAM offers the best anti-malware program on the market today and may go down in history as one of the most effective ever developed, for its time. I've seen a lot of them come and go, so I know a thing or two about the "real deal" when I see it. Anyone with unethical intentions would be tempted to steal from the best in order to make a quick buck. Old practice, new player.

If you've decided to stick with IOBit regardless, that is your personal choice. Trying to push that choice onto forums users is a different matter. I would have preferred a statement similar to this : "The evidence is strong but I can't be 100% sure without complete disclosure from both sides. I have decided to stick with this help forum and that is a personal choice, regardless of the truth, because I love helping here."

Something like that.

We could go at this for pages, but I think we both have an idea where that would lead : nowhere. Different philosophies about right and wrong, regardless of origin. That's about it.

Helping forum users is noble and commendable. Chose your affiliations carefully. I'll end with that.

Hi So_sad

"What my post is suggesting is that you look at the sequence of events"

This you don't mention with a word, but goes on to repeat what has been said many times - now also by you a couple of times. :-(

An apology to Krissy would be a nice touch!

Your humanistic and philosofical views I agree with :-)

Your final words - I agree let's stop.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the reply, solbjerg.

You haven't tortured me into a reply, but I think it's important that I do reply.

I understand that my statements may have suggested that not only you, but other participants have incentive to defend IOBit. Not an accusation directly, more of a personal (not so personal anymore) observation considering the situation.

Ridiculing an individual with a cute status was not my intent. Ridiculing the absence of accountability and presence of clearly identified IOBit staff/management was my intent.

The proof is before you, solbjerg, and has been from early on. You've now made your position somewhat clear, which is what saddens me. We all have to make choices in life ; some are private, some are public and have an impact on those around us. So be it.

Can you honestly sit there and tell me you were expecting a flat out guilty admission by IOBit ? Really ? Put yourself in their shoes for a second : they stole intellectual property adn got caught red handed. Next step : admit ? That would have been honourable, but not expected considering the crime. So you put up a smoke screen and hope you won't get your butt dragged in court. Even if this goes to court, do you think you will hear all the facts ? Of course not. If this is ever settled out of court, do you expect IOBit to divulge anything ? Come on. You'll never get clearer answers than those that sit before you right now, and you should know that. Common sense, folks. MBAM offers the best anti-malware program on the market today and may go down in history as one of the most effective ever developed, for its time. I've seen a lot of them come and go, so I know a thing or two about the "real deal" when I see it. Anyone with unethical intentions would be tempted to steal from the best in order to make a quick buck. Old practice, new player.

If you've decided to stick with IOBit regardless, that is your personal choice. Trying to push that choice onto forums users is a different matter. I would have preferred a statement similar to this : "The evidence is strong but I can't be 100% sure without complete disclosure from both sides. I have decided to stick with this help forum and that is a personal choice, regardless of the truth, because I love helping here."

Something like that.

We could go at this for pages, but I think we both have an idea where that would lead : nowhere. Different philosophies about right and wrong, regardless of origin. That's about it.

Helping forum users is noble and commendable. Chose your affiliations carefully. I'll end with that.

You are welcome here so_sad.

I can agree with some of your tenants.

The Iobit team are hard to reach... and sometimes pay this forum only a modicum of attention.

I can state the reason why I continue here...

Many of the Mods, Admins have helped me with issues having nothing to do with this issue or even the software in question.

They have become my friends.

I have seen so many forums that are so massive they are impersonal and ineffective. Here I feel at home and can extend what little expertise I have to sometimes help someone. I have been assisted greatly here, in matters not having an IOTA ((ha!!) Good pun, or at least I thought so) to do with 360or the theft allegations.

I am home here with my friends, and they have welcomed me as a newcomer. Many like Sol have been here a long time.

He also has become friends with this forum population. Knowing Sol the little time I have, I can tell you this... He will not abanson his friends! The greatest friend is one who is there in times of need.

This is Sol's gift and appreciation here.

Now, Sol feels under attack all the time, assaulted by individuals relentlessly! He is tired of it! I sense this in his posts.

He would much rather be helping someone solve a solvable question, but is now stuck defending his friends.

What kind of man would abandon his friends??

Sol is an extremely level headed individual who is well aware of all that you say.

I say that its not sad... so_sad, but honourable. Having your extensive experience so well phrased and detailed in your posts... I should think you'd understand this.

I appreciate your honesty and brevity...

Thank you for coming here!

Hi solbjerg ;

I see that chivalry is still alive in your part of the world :grin:

It's still alive here, as well.

So without further ado : my apologies to "Krissy".

Not sure what I'm apologizing for though, but I'll give it my best shot : I'm sorry for calling you "cute".

Uhm no... that wasn't very nice. She could be cute.

She could also be very cute !... or a guy maybe ? :x

Should I also apologize for all the "smoke" ? Krissy could be a heavy smoker, for all I know ;)

All kidding aside (yes, I have a sense of humour) ; "Krissy" is the closest thing I've seen to an IOBit representative, here on the forums. Maybe she/he is the big boss (hey, I live in the West and although we don't have full equality yet, we're getting there). Maybe she/he is a public relations rep., or the boss' wife, or an office clerk. Problem is, there is no ID behind the nickname ; no name, no title. I hate faceless corporations. Plenty all over, not just in China.

You're probably asleep right now so I won't attack, promise 8-)

I think we've come full circle, you and I. Thank you for allowing me to post. I would, however, reply to "Krissy" if she/he ever showed up.

Final note (prevention) : I do not work for MBAM, nor was I sent here by anybody. You'll just have to take my word for it ;)

Edit : I will return later to reply to Melvin Deal (took me too long to post). Edit #2 for a typographic mistake.

=======

Let your conscience be your guide

Ok, this is for Melvin_Deal :

I hear what you are saying. I've been on forums, some huge, some small, for quite a few years now. I know about the Community feeling, about making friends on forums, big or small. That's why I decided to post here, because... no, I won't rehash my previous posts (it's all there).

Getting help from strangers, on a forum, is a powerful and humbling experience, especially when one realizes the help comes from volunteers. Providing some help in return is also a powerful experience, as you know.

There are two main categories of helpers on computer help forums, as I see it : the technical croud (software, hardware, OS, programming) and the malware removers. The latter group is a special breed. Fighting malware equals fighting criminals, day in and day out. The criminals are the ones who benefit from malware derived profits (= thieves) and also the malware coders, who are either thieves themselves or they sell their code to the highest bidder - criminals out to steal from the unsuspecting or unprotected. Malware fighting tools are inherently held to high ethical standards by the people who prescribe them to victims ; victims of malware must not be victims of other criminal activity while cleaning out their computers. Those may be interpreted as strong words, but I simply wanted to get the point across, loud and clear. Having said that, don't be surprised by the strong response this issue has generated all over the place, here included. And the malware removing folks wouldn't stick around on a forum where a "star product" from it's owners is tainted with such a strong ethical issue. That's the point I'm trying to get across. Not the friendships, not the colleagues... just the foundations on which a forum is built.

I'm done folks. Unless "Krissy" stops by and requests clarifications.

Peace.

Hi So sad,

Krissy is here.

If you are not satisfied with any words from me, you can PM to me and also you can email me at krissy.only@iobit.com.

We admit that there are so many volunteers in IObit forum, due to that, our IObit stuff are really appreciate all of them, because we have saved so much time and we can pay attention on our work both researching and developing.

At the same time, I am not a software engineer. My work is dealing with some service issue with our customer. But I want to tell you, the software engineers in IObit are really great and professional. I always admire how they could have these intelligence and knowledge. We are still working, IObit Security 360 is really self-developed program, and also we will keep up improving it. After this event, we are careful of every single database in our product, to make it clearly, and make it without any dispute. We didn’t steal database from MBAM and any other vendors. MBAM claimed that we have stolen database from them and others, this is real rumors and the rumors more or less affect IObit’s reputation. We are attacked by MBAM, and they have said that they will inform other vendors, but at last, why only them? The reason may be that solbjerg has posted at http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=31627&postcount=459. Why I called it ‘maybe’, because solbjerg is a volunteer but not IObit stuff. Whether is it true or not, I can’t judge because I think I don’t have the right, the only one which has the right to judge is court.

We haven’t spread any rumors or bad words of MBAM and will not, because we are still working. For us, these things are not important, we will not hype our company or product with the way that MBAM have used.

The missing post

Hi So sad,

Krissy is here........ The reason may be that solbjerg has posted at http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5063 .........

Hi Krissy :smile:

Your above link does not contain the post from solbjerg anymore, I think solbjeg transferred it to this thread where it is more relavent.

Is this the post you meant to link ? @

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=31627&postcount=459

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Krissy :smile:

Your above link does not contain the post from solbjerg anymore, I think solbjeg transferred it to this thread where it is more relavent.

Is this the post you meant to link ? @

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=31627&postcount=459

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Wozofoz,

Thanks so much! You are right and I have corrected.

Archived