IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Accusation Thread - Dispute

solbjerg

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To: PurpleBeardPirate

This is a help forum! Why do you post here? You are only now learning of allegations months old?.. that have not yet... month's later... run their course through proper National, Legal, and Corporate channels.

I too am a salesman. Many years of training and experience. Been downsized twice, through the meatgrinder there! Payroll Service, Checks and forms, linen service, printed goods, advertising, cars.... etc.

What does it matter salesman???

What are you selling now?

Why do you come back here??

This is not an Anger management/displaced agression forum!

Please be helpful, respectful, or at least honest here!!!

P.S. I responded to your other posts and it was you... who didn't have a clue... or pretended not to... or to care! Salesman!! Aye!!

Post a TRUE problem, or need... and you will find plenty of help here!! (Instead of a Rant... for no purpose)

Hi Dave

I share your incredulousness, Dave

If any of his information is to be believed (which is very doubtful) he is turning out salesmen in MA imbued with his own morals, - which doesn't bode well for customers :-)

Greetings

solbjerg

PurpleBeardPirate - So you admit you're a thief but you uninstalled all your IObit applications on professional grounds? That's a new one.

what the heck?

hi, i am mainly just an asc pro user and not a big fan of either security product in question. i guess i've been living in a cave or something but this is the first i have heard about this controversy. its kind of disturbing actually.

while i do have iobit360 installed, i use it as an additional on demand only scanner in the event i want a third opinion about something.

i noticed the toolbar issue after a software update but it seemed easy enough to opt out of. toolbars blow but iobit isn't only ones dispensing them, seems like everyone is trying to put either ask, yahoo, google, crawler or whatever bho on your browser so opting out should be almost instinctive lol (read the dialogs!)

after allowing ask to be installed on ie(i never use ie) i found during a cleanup it was kind of a little stinker to uninstall as well - took me almost five minutes. while i do understand the business reasons for including "toolbars" in an install i think legit vendors should make them a lot easier to remove for the clueless although its usually not that hard to unregister a dll. my point here is that the toolbar thing is not an uncommon issue even with many trusted vendors and a legit install will always allow you to opt out which iobit does.

as far as the mbam/iobit360 controversy goes, i am very anxious to hear what the final legal outcome is. my concerns are more mercenary than ethical - can i trust iobit software on my machine, will it ever go rogue at some point? it is in a position to do enormous amounts of damage to system and privacy if it did needless to say. i will be watching this issue very closely.

i think i'll pop over to bluetack and see what the rumblings are there.

as always may the good guys prosper and may the bad guy's crotches become infested with a hundred thousand fleas.:wink:

i do not know yet for sure what the deal is here but upon careful reconsideration i had to uninstall my iobit software until this issue is resolved. simply put by someone else "a person has to be able to trust thier security software vendor." - i might add "implicitly". the implications of something with these type of system tools going bad is too great a risk even if the issue is officially unresolved. i am making no assertions about your products one way or the other, i simply don't know and that is an unacceptable risk.

btw i still don't use mbam either.

asc pro was doing a good job but its not quite that simple, if i can't rely on security software from a vendor i surely can't rely on system repair software from them either.

Dudes!!

It's cool that you see the old posts here! The Mbam/Iobit controversy is old news here, and in the world! You can spend the whole day reading them... users bashing users... bashing other users!

As a user you can uninstall any software at any time for any reason. As of now the allegations have not been proven! So do what you will!!

Iobit software is fine software, continuously improving, thanks in no small part to your contributions!

Nothing is perfect... the prize is the target!

Thanks for your posts here!!!

-Sincerely... Mel8-)

I don't use it. Just want to know. I used to use the pro but I removed it, detection has gone down like hell! I have mbam pro, NOD32 v4, Online Armour and prevx edge. No offence but, your a good company and I have your smart defrag & ASC pro programs but, why did you steal mbam database?? I really liked the program:sad:

Hi enoskype

If we look at the content of his posts - I think they belong in the accusation thread.

The information in the post - where any is to be found - is also far from current, so it belongs with the more than 2 month old information anyway.

Possibly both his aliases.

Cheers

solbjerg

Is zuz using the same configuration?

Hi enoskype

I will end the subject with these words:

When winter is here - with summer and sun

in the comforting sign of hope

I search my empty pockets in vain

after Christmas in rain and slush.

The spring will nevertheless spruce me up

all that greenery, growing and buds.

I even feel that my waning strenght

may grow young like yester-year.

Cheers

solbjerg

They are moved here to this thread solbjerg as you suggested.

Cheers.

I don't know if IObit is aware of this, but I just discovered it by coincidence.

Name Filename Description Status

Advanced SystemCare 3 AWC.exe

Related to IOBit Advanced SystemCare. ROGUE! program.

Note: Located in \%Program Files%\iobit\advanced systemcare 3\ Note: IOBit based in China is stealing and incorporating proprietary databases and intellectual property into their software.Read about it

Link: http://www.systemlookup.com/search.php?type=filename&search=awc.exe&s=

• 4 weeks later...

Vested interest ?

Not really an impatial comment, vested interest maybe ?

If you follow the 'Read about it here' link you get taken to a November 2009 post by miekiemoes who also happens to be an Administrator at the MalwareBytes forum :roll:

All the best, woz of oz

hi blacksea

What is your agenda?? :twisted:

I would suggest that you post it in a forum that caters to such discussions about competition tactics.

IObit cannot - and should not try to - remove other peoples articles or links to articles!!

They could delink them or remove them in their own forum, but that would be both stupid and counter productive I think.

It would also mean that you could not link - as you have done - to an article with an outdated topic. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Melvin,

Dispite the fact that you have reported it to IObit staff, it is still the same, unfortunately no changes have been made.

See here.

http ://www.systemlookup.com/search.php?type=filename&search=awc.exe&s=

Blacksea.

Hi solbjerg,

yes your right but me as a internet user wouldn't pay much attention on the date that has been come out. I use systemlookup allot to give me more information about some files if I'm not aware of what it actually is. I bet that more people are doing the same and if I didn't know IObits product and it would have been new to me, I would follow the advice of systemlookup and the description they give about the product. But because I do know that it is old and not reliable anymore, I self wouldn't pay much attention to it.

But as I mentioned, the users who are new with it will be following that advice and take it as what it stands for. I hope you know what I tried to explain.

Blacksea.

Hi blacksea

If that is your agenda, the link you left here is counter productive.

Therefore it is hard to follow your reasoning.

IObit cannot and should not be able to remove other than their own links from the internet.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

yes your right but me as a internet user wouldn't pay much attention on the date that has been come out. I use systemlookup allot to give me more information about some files if I'm not aware of what it actually is. I bet that more people are doing the same and if I didn't know IObits product and it would have been new to me, I would follow the advice of systemlookup and the description they give about the product. But because I do know that it is old and not reliable anymore, I self wouldn't pay much attention to it.

But as I mentioned, the users who are new with it will be following that advice and take it as what it stands for. I hope you know what I tried to explain.

Blacksea.

Well, I'm not saying that IObit should remove links from internet, but they should inform them about it. As you said it is old and out of date. It is better for the IObit company to keep their names clean. If it is not true as it is been described by the link I posted.

Cheers.

Hi blacksea

Unfeasible suggestion!

I will say no more on this specific subject

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, I'm not saying that IObit should remove links from internet, but they should inform them about it. As you said it is old and out of date. It is better for the IObit company to keep their names clean. If it is not true as it is been described by the link I posted.

Cheers.

Archived